Grandmaster Resubmission

Greetings fellow Forumites,

I just received an email with regard to the resubmission of my Grandmaster character for the Hall of Grandmasters. In the update to Awakening a few things with my character were changed. Namely Blood Rage and Leech.

I submitted a Chaos Inoculation build and Blood Rage is no longer a very good idea.

I'm not sure if Leech is affected adversely because I haven't tested it yet. I have a Doryani's Invitation belt with 0.2% Lightning Damage Leeched as life and use Ghost Reaver. 0.2% seems a bit low and may now be pretty useless.

With my attack speed vastly reduced by the removal of Blood Rage the submitted build is pretty broken but so I'll have to submit a different character. The message I received doesn't mention how we can resubmit a character and I have no links. Nor does it mention how much time we have to make the submission. Can we get a little more info please?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Dr Who (Tom Baker, 1976).
Last edited by Elcardil on Jul 28, 2015, 9:22:12 PM
In your microtansaction tab, there's currently another token available for you to use to submit your character when you're ready. There's no set time frame on when they need to be submitted by.
Ok, Thanks Bex. I'll have to run through my characters and test them out to see if I have any worthy. Otherwise I'll have to work on a new one. :)
Hmm, yeah. That belt was on a Crit. Arc build and now it's listed dps is 7.5K since the Blood Rage is gone. So at 0.2% leech that's a whopping 15 points a second to my energy shields. Considering chump enemies hit for around 300-500hp per hit which is way more than 15hp per second it's pretty useless now. :(
"
Quite honestly I couldn't give a fuck; way too much effort to rebuild something folks will rarely if ever see. I ONLY went Grandmaster because I saw a certain combo/playstyle that I figured would be really annoying and bothersome to GH players. As it turns out, the only people who really bother with the GH are typically able to faceroll it anyway.

If someone wants my grandmaster slot, let me know. I'll talk to GGG about transferring it, even though they usually don't allow gifting of mtxes and perks no longer available. At worst, I'll just leave her there and she can look like an idiot trying to spam a spell that now has a cooldown.

This whole thing was so poorly played it's not even funny. A trainwreck from start to finish.

Couldn't just leave them snapshotted and thus even more of a threat to current players, could you, GGG?

In fact, I feel sort of scammed. I don't think, despite all the issues I've had with support and devs being less than complicit in the past, I've EVER felt that way with GGG. I mean, okay. The opportunity to resubmit is 'fair' but there was absolutely no warning when we bought these packs that there might be retroactive changes based on player skill or item rebalances. Once an Exile became a Grandmaster, they became in essence a monster, and I should think no longer subject to player balances.

Had there been a disclaimer at the time of purchase that skill and item changes in future would affect grandmasters, I wouldn't have bought one.

Sums up my thoughts also. My Grandmaster slot is also up for grabs, really. God knows I'll never use it.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
I'd love the opportunity to design a Grandmaster, and I'd gladly take over if there is someone who isn't keen to use theirs (GGG willing). It's a bit unfortunate the old designs are essentially reset, but it's a great opportunity to raise the bar and sounds like a decent challenge.
Last edited by UHF on Jul 28, 2015, 11:32:26 PM
How do you even access the hall of Grand Masters?
I hope most people resubmit. I have 3 of the grandmaster maps waiting to be run once more halls are opened :)

Not sure if their drop rate got boosted or I'm just really lucky in warbans, but looking forward to the challenge.
Last edited by Gixxerdude on Jul 28, 2015, 11:38:41 PM
Why didn't they snapshot the grandmasters? Because of balance (as if there was any real balance in the GM map...) or because of technical reasons?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Quite honestly I couldn't give a fuck; way too much effort to rebuild something folks will rarely if ever see. I ONLY went Grandmaster because I saw a certain combo/playstyle that I figured would be really annoying and bothersome to GH players. As it turns out, the only people who really bother with the GH are typically able to faceroll it anyway.

If someone wants my grandmaster slot, let me know. I'll talk to GGG about transferring it, even though they usually don't allow gifting of mtxes and perks no longer available. At worst, I'll just leave her there and she can look like an idiot trying to spam a spell that now has a cooldown.

This whole thing was so poorly played it's not even funny. A trainwreck from start to finish.

Couldn't just leave them snapshotted and thus even more of a threat to current players, could you, GGG?

In fact, I feel sort of scammed. I don't think, despite all the issues I've had with support and devs being less than complicit in the past, I've EVER felt that way with GGG. I mean, okay. The opportunity to resubmit is 'fair' but there was absolutely no warning when we bought these packs that there might be retroactive changes based on player skill or item rebalances. Once an Exile became a Grandmaster, they became in essence a monster, and I should think no longer subject to player balances.

Had there been a disclaimer at the time of purchase that skill and item changes in future would affect grandmasters, I wouldn't have bought one.

For once, I agree with this charan rant. It simply makes no sense.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info