IIQ + IIR: Mandatory to see "fun" drop rates?

Hola POE family,

I'm slightly a tenured player (around 900 hours)...not a vet but not an amateur. That being said, this has been my first league where I decided to focus on an IIQ/IIR character.

The drop rates, that I am getting as a result, seem more like a "loot" explosion than any of my non magic hunter characters.

As a simple "feels-like" test, I did 10 runs on standard maps with a character that I created that focues on quick damage clears with no item bonuses.

Then i did a test with my current MFer (who will soon be wearing a 5L greed's chest woot!) and did 10 runs as well....and MAN the difference is ridiculous.

1) Rares drop like crazy which allows me to find upgrades much quicker
2) The "bad uniques" don't feel as bad because I'm getting so many more of them (i.e. one night of good farming will yield me 2-4 uniques).
3) Loot games feel fun when actual loot drops. :D

I don't think I can ever play this game as a non-MF character ever again.

I'm not sure if this intended...but man the drop rates are so shit outside of farming with this character.

I wish there was a balance somewhere. Stacking this much IIQ is probably not possible for 90% of the playerbase.

for reference I am 160/15 base IIR/IIQ with upwards of max 240 IIR on frozen killed enemies.
Last edited by Prizy on Jul 28, 2015, 5:41:23 PM
Wow, they closed the one that you wanted to be kept open. I guess reading isn't Brian's strong point.
Yeah I don't know why they would leave this one open.

Oh well.

I expected as much.

It's not like much reading goes on in this forum in all accords it would seem.

TL;DR: You closed the wrong one Brian. This was meant to be a topic for GENERAL DISCUSSION. There is absolutely no help being provided here.
Last edited by Prizy on Jul 28, 2015, 3:25:02 PM
Yeah the difference is big. I have 2 chars in Warbands that can map, one has no IIQ / IIR at all and the other has 40% IIR, and even that feels like a world of difference. I can't even imagine what it must be like for people who have like 100%+ of IIR and IIQ. Do you port to vendor every 30 seconds? Those 6 portals per map must seem a tiny amount :D

But yeah it kinda sucks to play with 0%, drop rate is not very "fun" then.
That's how garbage the drop is without MF characters.
Everyone, in some time has made or currenly has a MF character just to get the items they want besides doing flipping in trade chat/noticeboard.

Love,
Bunny
Last edited by Aalhamas on Jul 28, 2015, 4:38:52 PM
Yeah, I have two characters on Warbands, one with 160/21 MF and one with none, the difference is pretty insane. Drops feel okay without MF if you're running alched maps, but they still don't at all compare to with MF.
"
Miathan51 wrote:
Yeah the difference is big. I have 2 chars in Warbands that can map, one has no IIQ / IIR at all and the other has 40% IIR, and even that feels like a world of difference. I can't even imagine what it must be like for people who have like 100%+ of IIR and IIQ. Do you port to vendor every 30 seconds? Those 6 portals per map must seem a tiny amount :D

But yeah it kinda sucks to play with 0%, drop rate is not very "fun" then.

You know honestly... I just stop picking everything up. I mainly pick up stuff for chaos regal recipe and that's it. This game has made me very pessimistic when it comes to loot. I've basically swallowed the fact that I will never drop anything good on my own accord.

As such, I such sell everything uniid and get chaos lol. Then use that to buy stuff.

If I did pick up everything, however, I would probably have to port back to town a lot!
Tbh the droprates in PoE without MF are so unrewarding, it's not even funny. Did normal Malachai recently, only item my loot filter didn't hide was a life flask, and I'm not hiding any rares. Can only imagine how pleased a new player would be after countless rips to pick up nothing.

At least you can ignore MF in maps if you only care about map drops (however you won't see high level maps drop anyway...).
Last edited by Lord_of_Error on Jul 29, 2015, 12:54:42 PM
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
Tbh the droprates in PoE without MF are so unrewarding, it's not even funny. Did normal Malachai recently, only item my loot filter didn't hide was a life flask, and I'm not hiding any rares. Can only imagine how pleased a new player would be after countless rips to pick up nothing.

At least you can ignore MF in maps if you only care about map drops (however you won't see high level maps drop anyway...).

lol yeah I've come to the same exact conclusion. I almost wish I never created a MF character, becuase every league going forward I will be doing this...the skills might change, but the gear will be pretty homogeneous.
Even with a good amount of MF

You're still going to get trash.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info