wand + resolute technique?

i was thinking about a wand templar (wand + shield) together with resolute technique...
but there are only 3 skills, that can be used with wands
elemental hit
frenzy
power siphon

power siphon doesn't make sense, if you can't crit.
and frenzy or elemental hit are dex abilities.

any good idea to make a good tanky shield build with range skills, without using dexterity at all?

only idea for me is a dual totem build or summoner, that would do great.
any other ideas?
go caster, you wont need resolute technique since spells are 100% hit. they cant miss unless dodged out of the way.

thats the only way to go ranged tanky without dex.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/120959 My guides
Increased Accuracy Support gem fixes all of your problems.

But in general as a wander you'll get some wand nodes including Increased Accuracy with Wands at some point of the game anyways.
"

But in general as a wander you'll get some wand nodes including Increased Accuracy with Wands at some point of the game anyways.

needs dex...
"
DarkenDragon wrote:
go caster, you wont need resolute technique since spells are 100% hit. they cant miss unless dodged out of the way.

thats the only way to go ranged tanky without dex.

yeah seems like the only way...
"
mahe4 wrote:
"

needs dex...

Nothing you couldn't achieve by picking up 2 Agility Notables which are in reach of every wander build anyways.
"
"
mahe4 wrote:
"

needs dex...

Nothing you couldn't achieve by picking up 2 Agility Notables which are in reach of every wander build anyways.

then i can also take frenzy...
necroing this to get some more info/discussion. im making a wand-templar atm and was also reasoning about acc. since i want to use power siphon + lmp as aoe and elemental hit as single target i´ll need dex anyways, and im planning to use the aditional acc-support, too.

the question that occured: does any1 know for sure if the acc you get from the support will be scaled by the %acc nodes for wands?

asked in the supportgem thread: seems like yes, it scales ;)
"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
Last edited by Clownkrieger on Oct 7, 2013, 11:15:00 AM
Wands have the highest crit chance, not using that on a wander would be a waste. If you want a ranged attack resolute technique i recomend a bow
"
DolphinCannon wrote:
Wands have the highest crit chance, not using that on a wander would be a waste. If you want a ranged attack resolute technique i recomend a bow

as said, i was planning to use this gem (and actually use it, started the build). i need crit, because its a hybrid powersiphon/discharger with volls protector and devotion... rocks till now, great fun. on my way to piety normal atm. :)
"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info