Witch - CWDT Query

Linked Arctic Armour and Frostbite with CWDT but only AA works. Both skills are under level 38. Any help as to why Frostbite only works when without CWDT?
Is it socketed in a +Levels item? Gem Level bonuses do boost the Required Level for the purposes of CwDT, but not for equipping the Gem. It's really weird but that sounds like what's happening.
The wand that it's in doesn't have +Levels item.
At first I was going to say that after reserving your mana with AA you didn't have enough left to cast Frostbite. Then I realized I was being an idiot because CwDT doesn't cost mana. So I'm out of ideas.

May I ask why you have AA linked with CwDT though? Seems like a weird thing to do now that it reserves mana instead of being a buff you have to cast.
Could you link said wand then? I'm curious what's up with it..
"
Nobake wrote:
At first I was going to say that after reserving your mana with AA you didn't have enough left to cast Frostbite. Then I realized I was being an idiot because CwDT doesn't cost mana. So I'm out of ideas.

May I ask why you have AA linked with CwDT though? Seems like a weird thing to do now that it reserves mana instead of being a buff you have to cast.

I don't quite understand what you said about it reserving mana, that's not a problem for me. With AA though it compliments my witch as I am only doing cold damage. Would be nice linked with Frostbite too.

Here's the wand:
Bumping my on-going thread.

The Frostbite still does not work. Furthermore I've levelled Assassin's Mark to level 7 (requiring being level 50) to my CWDT (which also requires level 50). Both of these linked have worked before now they don't. Not one single spell of my choosing will now link with CWDT.
There's no reasonable evidence to suggest that this shouldn't work. Someone please sort this out for me.
This is just a shot in the dark, but have you tried removing the Arctic Armour and then testing the curses with CwDT?
"
Nobake wrote:
This is just a shot in the dark, but have you tried removing the Arctic Armour and then testing the curses with CwDT?

It's all fixed now. I was being stupid lol. My logic for thinking they didn't work was that I couldn't cast the linked spells directly (which of course means it's correctly linked with CWDT).
Hahah. Okay, well that explains that then! :P Glad it all worked out in the end.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info