Map drops

I understand you guys want high level maps to be hard to sustain, but when I'm getting RNG blocked at level 74 maps when I'm level 88... it just feels more annoying than fun.

I feel like this is the same type of situation as permanent allocation. GGG was well aware their player base wanted PA, but refused to implement it for WAY too long because they didn't feel it was in the "spirit" of the game. Literally 99% of the public games I'm in use PA, just goes to show that GGG is willing to cater to the 1% if it's also their wish / want for the game.

Almost every time I see a map thread on reddit or anywhere its people bitching at you guys to fix the map system. I've been dumping all my currency into my maps and I've been stuck at 74's for awhile now. I popped up to a few 77's and a few 76-75 but then those all RIP'd. Like 7 75-77 maps in a row, killed all the bosses, killed all the mobs, all were rolled 100%+ iiq with packsize.

I know most you guys at GGG don't play hardcore high level endgame maps... so you probably don't know... but it feels like SHIT when that happens, and completely kills my desire to play the game. I know there are others who feel the same.

I get you want HIGH level maps to be hard & rare, I get that... but I'm stuck at 74... maps go from 68-82... and I'm at 74... god damn it. Make 75-79 maps more common. Or just change the whole damn system, do SOMETHING.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
If they dont change the actual map drop system they gonna lose a LOT of players, im playing in the new warbands league @ lvl 83 now, extremly shitty dropluck, cant even sustain lvl 73 maps, i bought 10 x 74 maps from a highlvl guy, chiseled them + alched + vaal orbed, some had 120 %+ iiq, pack size, magic mobs, not even 1 map lvl 74 or higher dropped, 68-72 nothing else, i could puke.

the worst part is the itemdrops are nerfed to ground too, i found 1 exalted, around 30 chaos, 15 vaal orbs so far + a few regret + regal orbs, running maps with 229 % mf dual flame totem, finding NOTHING thats worth more than 2 chaos, had tons of rares, sometimes maps with around 30 rare items + several unique and every item, i mean EVERY, is shit beyond words..........im almost out of currency, 0 ex, 4 chaos, only fuses and jewellers left....

all people i had in friendlist quited so far, trade chat is almost empty (compared to other leagues in the beinning), each time the same people spam there...........this is the worst patch, if nothing changes i dont think i play much longer either its so much more frustrating than fun, dont know what rode them to do something like this
Last edited by Kirrinyre on Jul 24, 2015, 6:43:45 PM
I just killed a boss in a level 73 map and he dropped a map! Awesome! HELL NO. it was a level 68 map. -5 level.

FIX THIS NOW. I'm trying really hard to keep liking this game, but your guys are making it hard when we have to grind grind grind in low level maps.
Warbands on poe.trade as of right now:
82 - 6 available
81 - 11 available
80 - 23 available
79 - 27 available
78 - 79 available
77 - >99 available

So here are the reasonable conclusions to form based on that information:
1. Lots of people are not only sustaining 77s, but actually have a surplus. So if you're not sustaining at least 77s then you are either abnormally unlucky or doing it wrong. Or both. Because all those other people are beyond sustaining and actually surplusing.
2. Somewhere in the 78-79 range it becomes more difficult to surplus on the maplevel. You can probably sustain but surplusing isn't likely.
3. Attempting to sustain 81+ maps is god painful. As in nope, ain't gonna happen. The few available are mostly cashouts, not a true surplus.

I think #2 & #3 may be worth QQing about. But pretending 73-77 are not sustainable is just blatantly incorrect.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 24, 2015, 11:59:48 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Warbands on poe.trade as of right now:
82 - 6 available
81 - 11 available
80 - 23 available
79 - 27 available
78 - 79 available
77 - >99 available

So here are the reasonable conclusions to form based on that information:
1. Lots of people are not only sustaining 77s, but actually have a surplus. So if you're not sustaining at least 77s then you are either abnormally unlucky or doing it wrong. Or both. Because all those other people are beyond sustaining and actually surplusing.
2. Somewhere in the 78-79 range it becomes more difficult to surplus on the maplevel. You can probably sustain but surplusing isn't likely.
3. Attempting to sustain 81+ maps is god painful. As in nope, ain't gonna happen. The few available are mostly cashouts, not a true surplus.

I think #2 & #3 may be worth QQing about. But pretending 73-77 are not sustainable is just blatantly incorrect.

? 76-77 - > are not sustainable by normals means.

73-75 is the correct area sure
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Peoples are doing it. And not just some people, but plenty of them.

So your only options, faced with this irrefutable evidence, are:
1. Admit that lots of people are successful surplusing through legit play
2. Equip RMT tinfoil hat (which still makes little sense because how would RMT bots sustain?)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 25, 2015, 12:38:41 AM
Yeah Etup is sustaining his high lvl maps... its only costing him around 15-20+ chaos (Rolls and Domination), 4 Chisels, 3 Sacrifice pieces, and a vaal orb on every single map he runs!!

But then i go do the exact same thing today and drop over 70 Chaos on every 76 i had... im back running 73s and 74s again! Guess its just RNG! Ofcourse when you invest all this currency into your maps and correctly roll them like ive been doing it would be nice if the boss didnt turn around and drop 68 maps... that would help ALOT! +2 map drops on the boss dont really mean much if they can also drop -10+!

Its ok though i finally figured out how to susatain maps now... BUY THEM!! Might as well atleast wehn i drop 70 chaos on buying them i get maps out of the deal!

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jul 25, 2015, 1:02:19 AM
78+ = sustainable for big party-shoppers
~77 = sustainable for traders
~74 = sustainable for limited or non-traders

?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Peoples are doing it. And not just some people, but plenty of them.

So your only options, faced with this irrefutable evidence, are:
1. Admit that lots of people are successful surplusing through legit play
2. Equip RMT tinfoil hat (which still makes little sense because how would RMT bots sustain?)

If their trading to get their maps then I'll admit to it if their trying to substain solo like I do then it's not possible.

I usually never accuse someone of RMT unless I actually do see some real evidence lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 25, 2015, 2:57:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info