At which point does Leap Slam become faster than running?

Hi there,

First time playing melee, so I never really leap slammed everywhere before. But I was just wondering, at which attack speed of leap slam does it become faster than running around? Of course this depends on your movement speed and maybe flasks, but I'm sure someone out there has done the racing to determine the answer to this, I just can't seem to find it.

Thanks!
I am also interested to know this as well. Would really appreciate some input!
Hey,

there are more things besides Movement speed and Flasks. Leap slam performs the distance you travel in 1,4 seconds without any attack speed. It is hard to do the math at which point Leap Slamming becomes faster than Walking, because there are so much other things to keep in mind.
Your Attack Speed, Movement Speed, the distance you travel, flasks ect.

When i played a Leap Slammer in races, i would say at about 10% attack speed you leaping faster than normal movement. With about 25-35% you are as fast as running with quicksilver. When you have moevement speed on your boots the numbers are higher. With about 40% attack speed, you leap the distance you have chosen in close to one second.

(1 / 1,4) * (1 + (40/100) = 0,999999999 leaps per second

As long as you dont know, how much time you need to walk the distance you can max leap at normal movement speed, you can´t do the math for the "breakpoint"

cheers
NurbelST Level 97 Low Life Animate Weapon (Standart)
DerNurbler Level 96 Low Life Animate Weapon (Talisman/Standart)
Animate_Weapon_for_Life (Essence)

Last edited by Nurbel on Jul 24, 2015, 3:36:00 AM
"
Nurbel wrote:
Hey,

there are more things besides Movement speed and Flasks. Leap slam performs the distance you travel in 1,4 seconds without any attack speed. It is hard to do the math at which point Leap Slamming becomes faster than Walking, because there are so much other things to keep in mind.
Your Attack Speed, Movement Speed, the distance you travel, flasks ect.

When i played a Leap Slammer in races, i would say at about 10% attack speed you leaping faster than normal movement. With about 25-35% you are as fast as running with quicksilver. When you have moevement speed on your boots the numbers are higher. With about 40% attack speed, you leap the distance you have chosen in close to one second.

(1 / 1,4) * (1 + (40/100) = 0,999999999 leaps per second

As long as you dont know, how much time you need to walk the distance you can max leap at normal movement speed, you can´t do the math for the "breakpoint"

cheers

That's a good estimate, thanks. Yea I was just going off of my LS attack speed from the tool tip, I think right now it's 0.80 seconds for leap. I guess I could just invite a friend into my hideout and "race" from one end of the stage to another while varying movement speed of one and attack speed of the LSer. Just thought someone would've done this already haha
I also noticed that there are times when my character takes a couple of steps between each LS. Is that because I have the target set too far for LS? Seems like if I held the attack on spot button down it solves the issue

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info