Final 0.9.4 Patch Notes

And here I thought I was doing something worng not being able to kill monsters with +80% dmg sword...

good job everyone. keep it up and the future is yours. :]
as many others have said, those keystone passives are a real letdown.

i had some ideas;

you can do the figures, i'm not in the business of balance.

Blood pain : flasks and health regen mods can no longer heal you, you gain X% life leech for all damage.

The brood : minion health drains constantly you can have double the amount minions. (like guild wars MM)

Critical Power: you have X% reduced crit chance for all damage, critical hits grant a random charge type.

Barefist: you do XXX% more damage , you can only use your bare fists(cannot equip weapons or shields), you move 10% faster.

Spell weaver : All blue gems have +1 level, ALL gems require 20% more xp to level.

Brutality : the first melee gem you equip has no mana cost, XX% of the mana cost is done to you as damage.

Hulking Beast: You can equip 2h maces in each hand, damage reduced by XX%, you get no dual wield speed bonus.

Master Swordsman : you can equip 2h swords in each hand,gems socketed in those swords are at -1 level,movement speed is reduced by XX%. (maybe be a bit crazy)

Centreline theorist : projectile speed is increased 99%
bow skills cost XX% more mana.

Terrifying Visage : all enemies begin to flee at 50% health. you ugly.

Unrelenting Force : melee hits have a 50% chance to knock back, total knockback distance reduced XX%

Gemmologist : All gems have XX% higher quality when you use them, but take XX% longer to level up as you are compelled to study them.

Axe Fiend : critical strikes with axes enrage you with the ecstasy murder, granting a frenzy charge, however the buzz is shortlived. maximum charge duration 5seconds.

Witchblade : you do xx% of your int stat as extra damage with daggers and swords, you lose mana for every critical hit you make.

Nullcharge : you cannot gain any type of charge. ever.
you gain XX% crit chance,XX% reduced damage and XX% faster attack speed.

Worldly : +XX strength,int and dex. thats it.

Staff lord : Your default staff attacks swing in an arc, your movement speed is reduced XX%

Ice Whore : 50% reduced crit chance for all damage, crit hits with ice freeze have a XX% chance to shatter enemies under XX% health.

Critical dependency : your crit rate is raised to maximum, non crit attacks do XX% less damage and have a chance to cause XX% of their damage to you.

Elemental blasphemer : you have no elemental resistances, health is increased XX%

Unskilled : for every skill point you have unspent gain XX str, dex ,int,health,mana,item rarity etc.(IDK)

doppelgänger : you can have no minions, you are permanently followed by a clone of yourself.
you both do XX% less damage, your clone is not too bright if he dies you can raise him back to life by using a minion spell.

Supportive Attitude: you can place support gems in any color slot, support gems have XX% less effect.

GGG Dev : you have an XXX% chanceof making the greatest game ever made, however you have to read shit like this on forums all day.
[Removed by Support] - don't mention the chinese ownership of this game!
"
Chris wrote:

Version 0.9.4

Notes:

Item Mod Changes:
  • Prevented all energy shield regeneration speed mods from spawning.

you guys nerfed witch reducing her options and gave her nothing in exchange, no fun mechanic just more of 1 spell spam and more kiting. Keystones for witch seem to be completely useless not a single one is worth picking, recasting curses was never an issue and +20% of energy shield you cant replenish with pots (which is even worse cuz it doesnt protect so good from stun anymore) doesnt do the justice for full hp loss (chaos immunity is nice but how many monsters do chaos dmg lol?) It looks like you wanted to play it safe and made keystones very situational in some cases borderline worth the price, i say its pvm be bold make them powerful, since keystones will need to be separately rebalanced for pvp anyway i see no reason to not make pvm gameplay more fun and diverse.

i also see no fix to constant flask using on witch, knockback was the only reason i was "ok" with it so far and the fact i invested like 7 points in mana passives made it bearable (still had to use them every 3-5s), now when the only good flask mod is gone i will have to spam them like a monkey with no apparent reason ...
IGN Crakk
Last edited by maryn on Dec 4, 2011, 7:57:31 AM
I haven't read every post in this thread but I'm guessing from some of the responses there is quite a bit of disappointment.

I for one was expecting keystone passives to actually define classes and their builds more. Something powerful for each type, that only those investing in that path will find useful. For example, ice witches getting something that will make them even more unique than other casters. same with fire and lightning. I was hoping for very defined skills for maces, swords, bows, etc. I know these are much more generic in concept than the keystone passives you've created, but they further define and solidify your choices to become a specific type within a class.

At the same time I was thinking it'd be cool if you came up with new mechanical changes to the classes with passive skills. I couldn't think of anything nearly as exotic as you guys have created. I'm not sure the keystones you've made are a bad thing, as they've yet to be tested, but I don't feel they help at all with defining specific builds. They simply change your mechanics around drastically.

I am extremely disappointed in the curse changes, I know you think it was overpowered to stack curses but to be honest the only time I'd waste the mana and valuable seconds casting a second or third curse is during a boss or very hard rare battle. As I've stated previously, I really think you are screwing over groups which have different classes and need different curses to deal damage while surviving. Fighting over who's going to get to cast their curse is just going to be constantly frustrating.

In general gameplay I'll only cast elemental weakness on my ice witch, but when I come across a real challenge I'll normally double curse with elemental weakness plus critical, sometimes throwing on an enfeeble if they are too fast for me to kite.

Now I won't do nearly the same amount of damage to hard mobs, but I'll have to choose between cursing to survive or cursing to kill. Hopefully all the changes you've made will help balance out the difficulty and I won't have to multicurse just to survive.

I also do not agree with removing knockback from spells. Anytime I'd get knockback through a flask, it would only last a couple spell casts and was generally what saved my life during those couple of casts. Anything to help distance yourself from the mobs, when playing a witch, will keep you alive.

I also understand that you wanted to change mobs to be less difficult to tank on a melee but then make it more difficult for a spell caster. I only halfway agree with this, as I've played both classes. The part I agree with is helping melee. The part I don't agree with is forcing further kiting distances and praying you don't get smacked. As my witch is now, once my energy shield is down I'm dead in just a few hits. With almost no evasion or armor, I get hit every time and it is absolutely destructive. I can't come close to casting when there are archers near me. I have to kite far off screen and hope I can kill them as they come within range, before they start firing again. I really don't need to do more kiting, it's frustrating and feels like I'm constantly cheating death by running away and laying waste to the side of my screen that I assume the mobs will be coming from. Hoping that I'll hit them before they hit me.
Last edited by hesmen on Dec 4, 2011, 4:04:23 AM
"
maryn wrote:
i also see no fix to constant flask using on witch

I agree this is a problem. Using my cold snap, which has 2 support gems (faster casting and lightning damage), I can lay waste to a group of mobs my level in about 3-4 casts. That's pretty fast and my flasks do refill quickly. The problem is in two casts I already have to hit my mana flask or else the third is going to leave me with no mana left for the fourth. This situation causes me to constantly remember to spam my mana flask between casts or face the reality that I've got to run away until my mana regens.

Due to this, I am almost always forgetting to push my mana flask because I'm busy concentrating on not dieing. I forgot I have to push it every 3 seconds, which is extremely easy to forget and I personally don't like having to constantly slam 3,4,5.
Last edited by hesmen on Dec 4, 2011, 4:11:54 AM
"
kyusoath wrote:

i had some ideas;

Blood pain : flasks and health regen mods can no longer heal you, you gain X% life leech for all damage.

The brood : minion health drains constantly you can have double the amount minions. (like guild wars MM)

Critical Power: you have X% reduced crit chance for all damage, critical hits grant a random charge type.

Barefist: you do XXX% more damage , you can only use your bare fists(cannot equip weapons or shields), you move 10% faster.

Spell weaver : All blue gems have +1 level, ALL gems require 20% more xp to level.

Brutality : the first melee gem you equip has no mana cost, XX% of the mana cost is done to you as damage.

Hulking Beast: You can equip 2h maces in each hand, damage reduced by XX%, you get no dual wield speed bonus.

Master Swordsman : you can equip 2h swords in each hand,gems socketed in those swords are at -1 level,movement speed is reduced by XX%. (maybe be a bit crazy)

Unrelenting Force : melee hits have a 50% chance to knock back, total knockback distance reduced XX%

Gemmologist : All gems have XX% higher quality when you use them, but take XX% longer to level up as you are compelled to study them.

Axe Fiend : critical strikes with axes enrage you with the ecstasy murder, granting a frenzy charge, however the buzz is shortlived. maximum charge duration 5seconds.

Witchblade : you do xx% of your int stat as extra damage with daggers and swords, you lose mana for every critical hit you make.

Staff lord : Your default staff attacks swing in an arc, your movement speed is reduced XX%

Ice Whore : 50% reduced crit chance for all damage, crit hits with ice freeze have a XX% chance to shatter enemies under XX% health.

Critical dependency : your crit rate is raised to maximum, non crit attacks do XX% less damage and have a chance to cause XX% of their damage to you.

Elemental blasphemer : you have no elemental resistances, health is increased XX%

Unskilled : for every skill point you have unspent gain XX str, dex ,int,health,mana,item rarity etc.(IDK)

doppelgänger : you can have no minions, you are permanently followed by a clone of yourself.
you both do XX% less damage, your clone is not too bright if he dies you can raise him back to life by using a minion spell.

Supportive Attitude: you can place support gems in any color slot, support gems have XX% less effect.

GGG Dev : you have an XXX% chanceof making the greatest game ever made, however you have to read shit like this on forums all day.

+1 interwebs for creativity!

In the event that many, many good ideas present themselves for Keystone Passives, perhaps a Keystone node could be subdivided into selection choices which are mutually exclusive? Pick one, and the others grey out? That way, you could have an all-elements node, so that you dun simply have "Avatar of Fire," but a choice of elements from which to select your skill. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
kyusoath wrote:

i had some ideas;

While I think the first keystones are a good step (but there are only 1-2 that I would use)... this man has got some good ideas that you should consider.
Got beta key on 15/11/2011, thanks dave01
if i use:

Avatar of Fire: Converts all physical damage to fire damage.

is the whole converted phys dmg affected by the item mod 'increased elemental dmg on weapons' if i use elemtal hit for example?

Unavailable
Unavailable

and on wich pieces this mod can spawn in 9.4. all gear? or just jewelery and quiver.

merci.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
el_puno wrote:
if i use:

Avatar of Fire: Converts all physical damage to fire damage.

is the whole converted phys dmg affected by the item mod 'increased elemental dmg on weapons' if i use elemtal hit for example?

Unavailable
Unavailable

and on wich pieces this mod can spawn in 9.4. all gear? or just jewelery and quiver.

merci.

Yea that will affect it... so it'll be very good for getting high dps, but you sacrifice your ability to leech life/mana.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info