Personal feedback thread

I generally only play solo self-found on standard so thats where I'm coming from. Some of these things perhaps wouldn't work when playing this game in a different way. Regardless if you agree or not, thanks for reading.

Will continue to add more things to this.

General
  • One of my big issues with POE is in-game information. For most things you either rely on friends or a community wiki which may or may not be correct. While I can understand that you have/had a small team so you had to priorities it does particular annoy me when you clearly have the information in game, you just have to find it. If the reason for the lack of information is that you want the people to find the information then use the 'unlock' mechanism instead of not showing it in game at all.
    • Just to clarify one thing. I don't object to the fact that the game hides things from the start (vendor recipes/where cards drop etc). The part I object to is information that me as a player obviously have found (used vendor recipe or found divination card in a specific zone) but the game still doesn't show me that information.
  • Graphics performance - This game does need a lot more improvements in the performance area. When Awakening was released I also upgraded my graphics card (GTX680 -> GTX980STRIX) and while I increased my resolution as well (1920x1200 -> 2560x1440) the fps became very spiky with the awakening. Not sure if it is this gfx card but it should not fluctuate between 30 - 160 fps when playing. That is, in my opinion, unacceptable.
  • Stop assuming that people know what certain names or visual effects mean something to players, this is in particular not true when it comes to new players
    • Zana's map device, Add tooltip description what the mods do. New players or players that haven't played those leagues will not know what Anarchy, Onslaught or even Nemesis mean.
    • Show the tutorial information for new things that the player finds in the world explaining what it does (or perhaps just text in the chat window) stating that elemental reflect aura looks like this etc.
  • Add exit at the end of corrupted instances (so you don't need to run back through an empty instance), alternatively make the portals go to the entrance of the corrupted instance rather than to town working similar to zana missions within maps.

UI
  • Add support 'loot filter' to highlight/color items in stash/inventory as well.
  • Add more 'rows' of skills (I've seen your previous post on this which looks great).
  • Add the jewelers 'slots' to the inventory screen - so that they can be viewed and exchanged without going into the passive tree (and more importantly finding them in the passive tree)
  • Add a 'lore' information page, unlock the lore items here by finding them in the world and after that they can be viewed/read and played through the lore page instead of only in the game world
  • Add a 'divination page' where each card gets unlocked when you find them and also show were you have found them (observe I say were *you* have found them and not were all of them can be found)
  • In the character screen, under misc or a new tab, add *all* the stats that you get from items/passives. Meaning list increased X% life etc. Similar to how poebuilder.com does it.
  • Items - Show possible stat ranges when hovering over and item and pressing ALT (similar to how D3 does it)
  • Items - Show if a stat on a item is prefix/suffix or combined. You could do this very simply with just one colored dot in front of the stat when prefix and a different color for suffix. If combined then do one half of the dot with one color and one with the other color.
  • Add skill information pages (with the different information depending on the levels) - should be able to be rendered just based on the information already present in the game. Would be nice to be able to list and search for each of them as well.
  • Give us the possibility to inspect other players in town (controversial?), at least I've seen a number of other players in town that I would like to see what items, cosmetics, passives used.
  • Add indication at the starting point in the passive tree what bandits choices that has been made.
  • Add race information to the character selection screen, meaning show the items that can be won and the current amount of racing points that you have (essentially the same graphics that you have on the website under racing season.
  • Add experience penalty of the current zone in the zone information on the map (when tab is pressed)
  • Allow us to sort/reorder the character list
  • Allow us to right click to get a pet that has been put in the hideout to join us
  • Create an in-game preview-on-character for all microtransactions (at least for things that are possible to equip)
  • Keep the pet attached to the character so one does not need to re-summon it every time
  • In-game character switch (see how marvel heroes does it)
  • Make the minimap (topright) clickthrough (unless you are planning to add something that allows you to mark an area on the map similar to D3)
  • Why is networking mode (lockstep/predictive) listed under UI in options?? Can't see how that is in any way an UI option.
  • Need to add tooltip information on remaining options (networking, corpse targeting, pretty much every option that is not a checkbox doesn't have any tooltip)
  • Add possibility to bind a key to identification or portal scrolls. It should automatically just use one from your inventory and not do anything if the player doesn't have any scrolls in the inventory or in the current open tab in the stash
  • Most people, provided that they know about it, probably uses '/remaining' when doing maps. Add an option to permanently display the output right above the skills mapped to your mouse. Potentially only visible when less than 20 monsters are remaining.
  • Mentioned a number of times in other posts but add the possibility in the options for 'join global' to set the global channel to join as well.

Microtransactions
  • Add a microtransaction that will save an item skin to the microtransactions page permanently, consuming the item, allowing it to be used like other weapon/armor skins bought from the store. (Instead of the skin transfer consumable)
  • Sort, Move microtransactions around in the microtransaction tab (very common request I believe)
  • Buyable 'mannequin' to have in the hideout that can have cosmetic microtransactions on it to show of your cool transactions
    • Also make it possible to switch to all the cosmetics that the mannequin have, sort of like a simple wardrobe change.
    • Perhaps even a separate mannequin type that automatically mirrors one of your other characters, allowing you to switch looks between them.
  • Possibility to increase the hideout size
  • Banners with icons for each of the previous legues
  • While creating new character skins would be very expensive, why not allow us to buy a character skin for one of the existing characters? So I could play a witch while looking as a shadow.

Races
  • Add hideout trophy for the hideout for each racing season 'engraved' with the race season, amount of race points and race placement
    • So you can use the hideout more like a trophy room if you want
    • Would be good if this is done so that people that have been part of POE races for a long time (Helman, Nugi etc) gets trophies for all the previous racing sessions as well. Don't think each season require a separate trophy type although that might be something for you in the future. Highest prize on a pedestal or something.
  • Add some sort of Guild ladder to each league so you also get some competition between groups of people rather than just one person by himself/herself.
  • Add information to next race notification ('X points until <next race reward>')
  • Add in-game information about the current race season and it's rewards (and the current number of points)
  • Add in-game calendar of the current race season
  • Add in-game information about the current race, the possible points and which rewards that you have claimed and others already have claimed (for example the 'first to clear' and 'top 10 class')

Achievements
  • This entire system should be redone
    • More types of achievements
    • Give something for doing them, can be as simple so that they are visible to others in a in-game profile or hideout 'trophy'
    • Some mix between the achievement system within D3 and Marvel heroes (although the loot packets from marvel heroes doesn't seem to fit POE)

Mechanics
  • Add a one time, optional passive reset after completing the normal difficulty (which will dissapear if not take after entering Cruel), to allow new players to undo some mistakes. For more advanced players they shouldn't benifit to much from this at end of normal.
  • Vaal gems should retain souls across zones - or it shouldn't say that it stores souls
  • Keep auras, summons etc actived on a character even if you logout or switch character.
  • When vaaling a cartographer box, make the map level and the map type separate so that you could potentially get a vaaled lvl 77 Mountain Ledge to further increase the diversity of maps. These types of maps should never drop in the world (except for the proposed vendor recipe below) however it could be a possibility when vaaling a single map that the map type is changed as well

Vendors
  • Vendor recepies, Add a separate tab for all known recepies (also see Master section)
  • Name the tabs to something more understandable rather than 1/2/3...
  • Add the more currency conversion possibilities, but 'up' and 'down' in the rarity tiers. I don't really care if the conversion rate is super expensive compared to the current player rates but for self found players it is *really* hard to get to the highest tier of gear, mainly due to the fact that we are limited by the amount of exalted orbs that we can find (and other gear of course but that seems fine). Plus it would be a bit nice if I could use my entire tab of Alchemy orbs for something...
  • Vendor recipe for corrupted gems, this type already exists for armor/weapons so why not for gems?
    • 5 x corrupted gems (varius levels) = 1 uncorrupted gem lvl 1
    • 5 x corrupted gems with quality (same level) = 1 uncorrupted gem with the lowest quality of input gems and the input gem level
    • 5 x corrupted lvl 20 gems with 20% quality = 1 lvl 20 gem with 20% quality
  • New vendor recipe to create higher level maps with a different map type. For example if I wanted a lvl 77 Mountain Ledge, I could perhaps trade in a Mountain Ledge Map, a Plateau Map and something else perhaps and you would get a lvl 77 Mountain Ledge. You obviously already have the possibility to scale those maps through the Zana missions so it shouldn't take to much time to implement

Masters
  • Why is it worth more in some cases to not complete the mission compared to completing it. As an example, if you don't need to reputation for Vorici then it is better to always kill the target regardless what the mission is to get the loot.
  • Vorici, socket linking - One of the more common points from people is that you shouldn't do Vorici linking for 5/6 links since it is general cheaper to link it yourselves and you have the chance to get more links. Why doesn't the socketing/linking work the same way as the socket coloring? Meaning "Atleast X links"?
  • Add 'Super fusing' to vorici crafting table
  • Replace separate crafting tables with just one that adds all the master recepies in one list
  • Hide add recepies that are not relevant to the item
  • Add all known* vendor recepies to the crafting table so that they are simpler to use and make it simpler to remember (By known I mean vendor recepies that have been done at least once within that league)
  • Give a way to get Leo reputation without doing PvP or another way to get his crafting bench. Not good to lock certain crafting recipies behind PvP in my opinion.
  • Make it possible to turn in missions to the relevant master in the active instance/map *or* to that particular master in town or your hideout (avoiding the need for running back in most cases)
  • Don't play the mission failed (and display the text) every time when entering an instance/map that you have failed the mission in
  • Some of the master missions gives wrong information or at least not entirely true. For example Vorici mission to kill the target but leave one guard alive actually means is kill the target before all the guards

Divination cards
  • The drop rate on the different cards needs some more review I think. I obviously don't have the figures that you have. However based on my own experience it seems like some cards have pretty OK drop rate on the relevant maps (like The Gemcutters, The Lovers, The Scholar) but others have way to low drop rate. An example is 'Lucky Connections', when I find more pure fusings in total on those maps than the cards (still have only found 4 of the cards compared to between 40-60 fusings) it gives the impression, at least to me, that the droprate is somewhat wrong...

End game
  • Don't design all the tasks so that all of them are possible to do within one league, add reputation/missions that you would only be able to complete some of them within a league. Ideally they would also be something that could be sold to other players, meaning the players would have to priorities something and then trade for the other (within the permanent leagues you would eventually be able to do all of the things)
  • Add more Atziri (and Uber) type of bosses with similar types of gates (ie farm keys, dedicated loot, Uber gated by keys only dropped by 'simple' boss)
  • Add more things that can be leveled
    • Minor improvement to items / gems - Mastery - X number of levels
      • The actual improvement doesn't need to be very big but something per item adds up men min/maxing
      • Type of mastery benifit could be crafted or randomly selected requiring the player to reset it and relevel it if the benifit is not the correct one (I'm thinking how the pet bonuses in Marvel heroes work although this should be leveled based on experience)
      • Slowly builds up per item and per character
      • Reset by changing sockets/links/trading to other player/character
    • For gems a mastery could be minor decreases of skill costs
    • Mastery could be something that is applied to the character when something is equiped, might be a better way to do it for gems to still allow for experimentation and switching of gems
  • Add more dynamic (timed) events within the game with items that can only be found through those
    • This is essentially what you are doing with the current leagues so I guess I will see how that will be transformed when that comes to standard later
  • Add some incentive/benifit for running master missions when master is level 8 (some examples)
    • An additive reduction of the crafting cost, usable once and then restarts (Meaning you would be able to 'work' down the more costly crafting options if you want). Perhaps limited amount per day/week (I prefer week limits)
    • Level 9, Master doesn't count towards hideout limit. Perhaps even limit this so that you would only be able to do this for one or two of the master within one league

Pathofexile.com
  • Keep older versions of the passive tree so that links don't get broken just because they are from an older version. It should be enough with a big overview text stating out of date passive tree.
Personal feedback thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1345148
Last edited by phaero on Aug 4, 2015, 10:11:50 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Well not really assuming that they agree with everything or that all of it should have the same priority :)

Although the end game would perhaps be considered content :)
Added some more things and some markup that hopefully makes this a bit easier to read.
A lot of good ideas, +1.
Added some more proposals for races and this site.
-One of my big issues with POE is in game information
-Items - Show if a stat on a item is prefix/suffix or combined
-Don't play the mission failed (and display the text) every time when entering an instance/map that you have failed the mission in
-Make it possible to turn in missions to the relevant master in the active instance/map *or* to that particular master in town or your hideout (avoiding the need for running back in most cases)

These are the only statements i highly agree with.
Why does Fb not work with Spell Echo no way a new player can ever guess that.

Most of the other propolsals are just really minor changes that take a huge amount of devolping time for little benefit or are just like that because it is a sandbox game.

Graphics performance - there was already a huge improvement in 2.0 beside the malachai fight.

Most wanted changes i want to see are:

1.Gimme back my UI with Girls !!! T_T pretty please i don t mind buying an MTX for this option
2.Remove snapshotting monster dmg
Man that's a long list and there are some nice suggestions here.

Finally someone who post real critics and feedback ty :)

But there are some idea like "One of my big issues with POE is in game information" I have to say that I do enjoy having to communicate with the community for help and ideas, it is what tie us together in a sense. Hiding some information for the players and community to discover help to create an entire community around to game and it's lore and mechanics.
"
diablofdb wrote:
But there are some idea like "One of my big issues with POE is in game information" I have to say that I do enjoy having to communicate with the community for help and ideas, it is what tie us together in a sense. Hiding some information for the players and community to discover help to create an entire community around to game and it's lore and mechanics.

I don't disagree that that tie us together and adds to the sense of exploration however that is only when talking about new/unknown things, like finding unknown vendor recipes or were divination cards drop. That is why in most of my requests for in-game information is only that it is visible to the user after he/she has used them once within that league.

I mean perhaps it is just me that has a bad memory but I don't really want to have to go out of the game to a community run wiki to find out exactly which vendor recipes exist or were the divination card drops. At least I don't want to do that for items/recipes that I have already used once and the game have no more reason to hide that information from me.

Updated that point in the post.
Last edited by phaero on Aug 3, 2015, 11:52:07 AM
"
Alonfire wrote:
Most of the other propolsals are just really minor changes that take a huge amount of devolping time for little benefit or are just like that because it is a sandbox game.

Agreed there is a lot of them that are fairly minor but give some quality of life to most people. I personally don't think a lot of them shouldn't take that long to implement but that is me envisioning how the code base looked if I had developed it. On the other hand I don't really have much experience in game development (System Architect within telecom and embedded systems) and I don't know anything about the POE code base so I could be completely of the mark here :).

"
Alonfire wrote:
Graphics performance - there was already a huge improvement in 2.0 beside the malachai fight.

They might have, I however have not seen it. I upgraded my graphics card at the same time as awakening was released and while I went up in resolution the fps dropped some and became very spiky as well.

I know it is not fair to compare games since they use different engines, bigger company etc but if, as an example, D3 is able to run with a consistent 144fps (vsync on, 144hz gsync monitor) and POE jumps between 30-120fps (vsync off, with some spikes up to 160 and down to 10-20) all the time then it gives me an indication that it needs to be more optimized.

I would be happy if it could just deliver a consistent frame rate instead of being so spiky.
Last edited by phaero on Aug 3, 2015, 2:13:26 PM
"
phaero wrote:

I know it is not fair to compare games since they use different engines, bigger company etc but if, as an example, D3 is able to run with a consistent 144fps (vsync on, 144hz gsync monitor) and POE jumps between 30-120fps (vsync off, with some spikes up to 160 and down to 10-20) all the time then it gives me an indication that it needs to be more optimized.

I would be happy if it could just deliver a consistent frame rate instead of so spiky.

I run poe on medium grpahics and i only experience this lag when a lot of Stuff is spawning at the same time like opening boxes or tons of ground effects like buring/ground tempest/frature in maps.
Animations and game engine are most expensiv.
GGG got like maybe 1/100 of the money Blizz put into D3 for this.
So yeah there is always a lot of room for improvement/optimization

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info