Game Mechanics Questions - Please help!

I want to make a build using Vaal Skill RF and normal MS but with Infernal Mantle + Consuming Dark to convert to 100% chaos damage. My idea is to have flat %chance to ignite so I can ignite AND poison but also have a huge hit with leech to stay alive.

A few game mechanic questions because I'm unsure...

1) Can I increase damage through both fire / burning nodes AND chaos damage nodes? Or are fire nodes wasted? Basically do increases from passives apply before or after conversion?

2) Is flat chance to ignite (from passives and rash amulet for example) only with fire damage or just a flat 5% from any damage source? I think MS quality bonus won't work because it specifically states fire damage :/

3) Does MS proc on damage taken or only damage negated from armour / block? AKA if I use RF to zap my health, would that trigger the MS explosion or no? It isn't physical damage and I know it doesn't do spell block so I'm unsure.

Thanks so much!!!
"
Ellerean wrote:
I want to make a build using Vaal Skill RF and normal MS but with Infernal Mantle + Consuming Dark to convert to 100% chaos damage. My idea is to have flat %chance to ignite so I can ignite AND poison but also have a huge hit with leech to stay alive.

A few game mechanic questions because I'm unsure...

1) Can I increase damage through both fire / burning nodes AND chaos damage nodes? Or are fire nodes wasted? Basically do increases from passives apply before or after conversion?

2) Is flat chance to ignite (from passives and rash amulet for example) only with fire damage or just a flat 5% from any damage source? I think MS quality bonus won't work because it specifically states fire damage :/

3) Does MS proc on damage taken or only damage negated from armour / block? AKA if I use RF to zap my health, would that trigger the MS explosion or no? It isn't physical damage and I know it doesn't do spell block so I'm unsure.

Thanks so much!!!

1) at both stages. so fire should effect prior to conversion and chaos after.

2) You wont be able to ignite since you will no longer deal any fire damage.

3) MS triggers on physical damage mitigated, your not mitigating any damage so it will not trigger.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Thanks for the answers! That's too bad. Seemed like a cool concept.

There is the Unique Chest Rat Cage that converts fire damage taken to physical...hmmm not sure it would be even worth it at that point.

1. Damage modifiers are calculated after Conversion takes place.
Converted Damage benefits from modifiers to the source-type.
This way, Increased and Reduced type modifiers remain additive as intended.

(Vaal Righteous Fire is the coolest thing, go Life/ES, get Leech and Vaal Pact, go nuts)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info