I think my templar is a gimp

Hey guys,

I'm sorry but I need some advice. First I was going double totem & double curse with my templar but decided I don't want have Ancestral Bond.
I've been reading the forums and I haven't seen any templar build with the same nodes i've picked.

What do you guys recommend? What can I build from this? I got 6 respec points if it helps.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEC4wQHBLMFQgVbB6UMfRB_ES0UTR8CLR8y0UGWRUdG10myTLNdxmBta9ttGXyDghCCHoM4g_eLjI6-ksGdgKIArrO1BLiTwfPGns362wvd89-w4XPtIPAf
I am not an expert either so take my words with a grain of salt:

- It looks like you have way too little life nodes.
- Does extra minion health really help with totems? I thought there are different nodes for totems.
- Why have you chosen extra buff effects?
Last edited by Templarion on Feb 12, 2013, 6:58:33 AM
Like the guy above me said you don't have aneough survivability. YOu sacrificed your energy shield to Eldritch and have by far not taken enough health nodes even worse you don't have any resistances at all.
With this you'll simply end up hitting a wall at some point of the game getting one/two shot by rare mobs.

There also doesn't seem to be a clear idea behind the build.
Thank you for your replies.

I sort of lost the big picture of where I was going with this build and yeah, it doesn't make any sense.

I'm much more interested of how I can save it now.

Is it possible to go backwards 6 points (and more as I get orbs/quest rewards), and take the some life nodes and start progressing into a build more into Elemental/Fire damage (catalyze, elemental equilibrium) and just make a build relying on doing as elemental damage in form of weapon & spells and survivability?

Can any of you recommend something?

Thanks
"
Joonasamuel wrote:
Thank you for your replies.

I sort of lost the big picture of where I was going with this build and yeah, it doesn't make any sense.

I'm much more interested of how I can save it now.

Is it possible to go backwards 6 points (and more as I get orbs/quest rewards), and take the some life nodes and start progressing into a build more into Elemental/Fire damage (catalyze, elemental equilibrium) and just make a build relying on doing as elemental damage in form of weapon & spells and survivability?

Can any of you recommend something?

Thanks

Well refund all the cast nodes, invest some in life/ES and elemental weapon damage then take the two +30 dex nodes you are near to and you've got a perfectly fine Lightning Arrow templar^^
I'd start over, make a new character, just save that one for if you get lucky and they ever do a passive wipe.

I tried to make something decent out of what you have but all that crap around the witch start is well crap.

I'm sure you could make something exciting out of it, but I wouldn't spend a fortune doing it. Then plan out your next character a bit. I usually make new characters when I get an idea in my head for something crazy I want to try.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info