how to sustain mana with icecrash?

heya,

so im playing ice crash marauder for quite a while now and there is one thing that bothers me.. that I still need to use a mana pot (and i cant use more than 50% of my mana pool for auras).

My Char

Since icecrash is mainly ele dmg "physical damage leeched as mana" wont do shit.. so my question is if anyone has a tip/trick on how to fix the mana problems, without spending shitton of currency. :D

best regards
Blood Magic is your friend. Use the support gem if you want to use auras, or the passive node if you don't.
you know that your ONLY mana related investment (and done by a chance) are 4 'reduced mana cost' nodes near templar?

and you expect it to work?

you are near few VERY good mana nodes - you can use them (ofc the dps will suffer.. oh noes) or use BM gem and gimp yourself out of one support.

people should start to learn that mana management is a part of a build. and paltry 'investment' into one 'mana leech' affix and few accidental nodes is not going to cut it

node i mention are near duelist (probably the best mana nodes on the tree): Mana Flows and Revelry and two more near Templar: Righteous Decree

ofc your dps is going to suffer but.. you werent reaching that dps anyway without mana
My buddy runs it and he has zero problems with mana. I'll link his account if you want to inspect his Maurader and see what he did differently.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Wobblylegs
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
"
sidtherat wrote:
you know that your ONLY mana related investment (and done by a chance) are 4 'reduced mana cost' nodes near templar?

you are near few VERY good mana nodes - you can use them (ofc the dps will suffer.. oh noes) or use BM gem and gimp yourself out of one support.

people should start to learn that mana management is a part of a build. and paltry 'investment' into one 'mana leech' affix and few accidental nodes is not going to cut it

node i mention are near duelist (probably the best mana nodes on the tree): Mana Flows and Revelry and two more near Templar: Righteous Decree

ofc your dps is going to suffer but.. you werent reaching that dps anyway without mana

well every melee build usually works with a bit of mana leech, this one doesnt. :<

the mana nodes u mentioned wont help, 2 mana gained per hit doesnt do shit if im singletargeting a boss / soul eater mob whatever.. sure i might attack few more times but in the end it still wont be enough.

+ actually the dps doesnt suffer from missing mana, its just my defense since i cant use a defensive pot + purity of ice. :-)

"
Nasreth wrote:
My buddy runs it and he has zero problems with mana. I'll link his account if you want to inspect his Maurader and see what he did differently.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Wobblylegs

yea your friend runs a very low AS weapon with high pd, which means he wont hit often but he hits hard -> better mana leech without high cost.

I guess the only real help is a 6link with bloodmagic, otherwise the dmg will lack for high maps..
I have a level-82 Marauder and level-64 Scion running Ice Crash with Facebreaker on mana (620-750). Both took the Mana Flows node in the Duelist area and have 0.4% mana leech. It's rare that either of them run out of mana, though I don't spam Ice Crash continuously.
"
johnnypr0x wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

well every melee build usually works with a bit of mana leech, this one doesnt. :<

the mana nodes u mentioned wont help, 2 mana gained per hit doesnt do shit if im singletargeting a boss / soul eater mob whatever.. sure i might attack few more times but in the end it still wont be enough.

+ actually the dps doesnt suffer from missing mana, its just my defense since i cant use a defensive pot + purity of ice. :-)

ive underlined the part that is no longer true in 2.0. it USED to work in 1.3. it wont in 2.0

and these 6 nodes are perfectly enough to sustain pratty much any melee build out there - ive got several and none has any mana problems, none uses pots, none uses BM and all have their mana reserved pretty much to the full with space for 2-3 attacks

regen + bit of leech + 'on hit' is all that is needed

btw sacrificing DEFENSES to keep the DPS up in 2.0 is a very.. interesting strategy. id rather remove a herald and get the purity of ice than the other way around. 2.0 is harsh

is enough to sustain IC with a mana cost of ~80/sec most of the time. He does occasionally run dry on single targets/-60% regen maps.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:

is enough to sustain IC with a mana cost of ~80/sec most of the time. He does occasionally run dry on single targets/-60% regen maps.

you forgot about your CWDT + Warlords Mark + 4 '%mana cost reduction' nodes
The only real way

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info