Suggestion: Increase FPS for Discharge and Ground Effects

I would really like to see something like this added. There's no need to show 10 of the same animation per second when all it does is make people's screen freeze. I get constant complaints when playing Discharger in groups because it gives everyone graphic lag. If some fights with a lot of tighly clustered enemies, I get <10 FPS and I have a good PC/GPU.
molten strike balls are able to proc 12 discharges in a pack at one time without delay

either make mjolner have cooldown like coc or change balls to land at different times
I think that at the VERY least, a shorter-term solution could be found in simply allowing the option of a "low-detail" animation for Discharge. I mean, visually, it's not a very complex thing: it's just a pretty generic blob-like explosion that has a palette-shift based upon the charges consumed. A streamlined effect with far fewer particles involved would likely be a welcome reprieve.

And yeah, for longer-term results, some of this needs to be made much more efficient; getting 60+ fps with discharge spamming on-screen is harder than getting 60+ fps in pretty much any other game on the market regardless of the graphical settings.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Aug 10, 2015, 4:37:02 AM
b
IGN: Perz | Reaver: view-thread/523959 | Wander: view-thread/742525 | Cycloner: view-thread/804489
b
IGN: Perz | Reaver: view-thread/523959 | Wander: view-thread/742525 | Cycloner: view-thread/804489
b
agreed. bump.

Also suggest switching from the mushroom cloud of disconnect animation on discharge to 3 nova's:

fire nova ( for endurance charges )
ice nova ( for frenzy charges )
shock nova ( for power charges )

it's already calculating dmg based on charges so applying the correct combinations of nova's might not be too hard.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
In production_config.ini

post_processing=true <- change to false
resolution_height=1050 <- change to 600
resolution_width=1680 <- change to 800
screen_shake=true <- change to false
shadow_type=variance_mapping <- change to "no_shadows"
texture_filtering=16 <- change to "0"
texture_quality=0 <- generally "0" means highest settings, "2" means low setting, but the really great part is, that you can put in a number way above "2"
vsync=false
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Last edited by Kwonryu on Aug 18, 2015, 8:34:14 AM
If you want to FPS iussues paly other games. This game will alwayas have FPS issues.

I play with 4970K @ 4.5 GHz and GTX 980 Ti still shit.
new effects looks cool, but still drop my fps :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info