Help me decide on what song to use for a PoE music video.

OK. No one has shown a preference for any of the songs presented, so I just made a weighted roll of the die and it came up Future Diary. I'll start working on it today.
I think a daily update will be worth while.
So, progress so far: 15-17 seconds worth of content, with potential place holder, depending on what the editors think of it later on. But, I have literally nothing to do for the next week, so unlike today where I had to write a new web page, I'll be able to devote my time to it. Not to mention I think I got the hardest parts done.
If I work hard, I should be able to finish in 1 or 2 days. With the normal amount of polish I try to put on, it could be acceptable by the 27th with all the bells and whistles equipped.

EDIT: Make that 20 seconds, and was able to replace place holders. Off to bed!
Last edited by ShacoFinder on Jul 22, 2015, 3:43:49 AM
Update: Essentially done. 10 seconds worth of content, and maybe 5 place holders remaining. I will enter revision phase then final FX by tomorrow.
Last edited by ShacoFinder on Jul 22, 2015, 10:40:26 PM
Just do all Twisted Sister, bro.
"

lol. That's actually not a bad idea. I did an AMV for one of their songs a couple years ago...I think they banned their songs from being played in America on youtube though. I'll try it out if I get time, anyway.

Anyway, update: I went ahead and did a test upload for my first draft (still needs to be polished up...and finished, but it is what it is). You can check it out here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCfhZeD9U5Y
"

TS FTW. please do TS !!!!
"
ShacoFinder wrote:

Nice 0:54... Sparta jump in the face;)
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
"

TS FTW. please do TS !!!!

Well, that is now officially the most requests I've ever received for a single topic. I'll definitely do it soon as possible.
Some bad news. Turns out the quizes were actually not put on the calendar. So, I need to take them quickly. It will likely delay the project by about 1 or 2 days.

"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
ShacoFinder wrote:

Nice 0:54... Sparta jump in the face;)

;)

EDIT: Yeah, based on my progress so far on this quiz, I will get precisely nothing done by the end of this day on the project. :(
Last edited by ShacoFinder on Jul 23, 2015, 10:05:20 PM
OK. Cool. I misjudged the quiz to have an extra quiz in part 2, lol. Just had to revise and edit a broken web page, and make a new index.

So, update: Unlike what I said, I was indeed able to get a lot done. Finished off the last couple of seconds, passed it on to my editors, and was able to blaze through Revisions and Final FX.
I think I'll keep the video in the shop for one more day, and be sure I really am done, as I tend to notice small timing issues (of which normal people never notice...that's the reason for my editors, lol), or similar tiny improvements that would make it better, though no one would notice if they weren't there.
I'll limit myself to no more than a day on this, so expect it to be uploaded tomorrow.

The only option is to do a 2001 throwback and use Let the Bodies Hit the floor.

I can't be the only one to remember it being the only song used in WoW videos back in 2006.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info