1 claw dual wield reave, tanky and great clearspeed [HC] [budget]

"
chAzR wrote:
its actually a nice build, but i've just ripped at brute at merciless. think i give it another try but i just got oneshotted.

the evasion thing feels kind of sketchy sometimes in tempest/hc, most of the time your absolutely fine but then suddenly some really bad rng and you get crazy dmg spikes from ranged mobs.

but in total, its really fun to play

Yeah, you really need to use enduring cry + fortify with your whirling blades on bosses like brutus, I would not even attempt to kill Kole (Lunaris Temple 1 - Brutus-like ground slam guy) without Iron Reflexes, Endurance Charges and fortify up.

You also just should dodge ground slams and such, that's why I said you have to be careful and on alert to always dodge stuff in the description of build. Sometimes you overlook something and it can rip you before you get iron reflexes.

If you are not playing carefully I would recommend going for iron reflexes as soon as it makes sense to invest those points (can be as soon as 60).

"
Sessi0 wrote:

a little update, lvl 76 atm. started using blood rage and vaal reave like at lvl 68 and doing maps. The build really starts to get going now. Clearspeed is pretty good and can pretty much keep vaal reave uptime 100%. Going to take the frenzy charges next and i think they will be very nice boost to clearspeed. The attackspeed of the build is just laughable xD

still using the culling axe which i find very nice at higher lvls since the onslaught buff is 100% up but in lower content it isnt cause white mobs pretty much get 1 shot so it doesnt proc...

propably trying to invest in soul taker next and replace my last elreon ring for some hp/physdmg.

really active gameplay and really fast. love it

Glad to hear you enjoy it. It really ramps up later on, you jump in dps every few levels because of the frenzy charges. With the fast clearspeed and fun gameplay the time runs by without you noticing so you get your level ups quickly and get stronger and stronger.
@litto or @kaharon
Last edited by Kaharon on Jul 31, 2015, 2:05:58 AM
You felt so safe and strong that you decided to respec completely your character?

That was for sure a right move, with the dual wield build the chance to stay alive in 78+ maps were very low!
"
oRieLLi wrote:
You felt so safe and strong that you decided to respec completely your character?

That was for sure a right move, with the dual wield build the chance to stay alive in 78+ maps were very low!

What are you trying to say? The 3,6% life regen vs 4% life degen from blood rage didn't do shit against my survival, hitting 1 enemy at a time was enough to grant me 200+ life per second back, now imagine that with hitting 5 or more enemies.

I thought you guys could see that this build is strong in the video, I was playing very carefully and full on defensive mode and cleared that 77 map in ~5 minutes.

I respecced my character because my only goal this league was to get lvl 90. I did that. I tried icestorm after that with some very strong gear, a 7,3k effective health pool, arctic armor than a 860 int 7 link icestorm build, but I felt much weaker (DPS and survival) than my old spec (reave).

I ran 78+ maps with ease. I don't enjoy icestorm. It was just something to try before I stop playing anyway. When I hit 90 I knew I would stop, disregarding my spec.
@litto or @kaharon
Last edited by Kaharon on Jul 31, 2015, 8:56:58 AM
"
Kaharon wrote:
"
trevorng wrote:
can i use dual claws ?? i had hard time to grant frenzy charges. i stick to your skill tree atm.

Read the first post (OP) before asking such questions.

I am not going to answer any further questions that you can answer for yourself by reading the guide.

thank you for your reminding. sr i did not read carefully. i solved the mana issue and frenzy now.
Started up with this build last night, trying to do something that wasn't cyclone or block. I've never used reave before and combined with the whirling blades mobility, it really is a whole lot of fun. Trying to keep up my vaal reave stacks is as game all on its own (altho sometimes they just drop off, gotta be some kind of bug). I'm currently level 60 with the build and cleared through cruel a few levels earlier than I normally would. My HP and evasion is a problem, haven't yet picked up IR or spent any time looking for gear on poe.trade, just using what I had laying around. The only thing I bought was this:

It substantially increased my DPS and solved the int. problem that I was having with some curses. Up until that purchase my claw was:

I had this thing laying around and boy did it make a big difference. It's a surprisingly strong weapon due to always hitting. It ensured that my fortify was always up after whirling through something, which I kind of miss now that I don't have it.

I'm fairly confident that if I don't slow down and spend some time to bring my HP up (currently at 2600), I will absolutely die to something in the blink of an eye. That being said, my /played is 14 hours from 1-60 with some AFK time in there, so I haven't invested very much to get this far and it is blast to play. I solved my mana issues with a -8 elreon neck I slapped together.

Thanks a lot for putting this build together. I am a little interested to know what type of map mods you avoided, if any, in the end game and what type of precautions you would take depending on the mods you rolled.
"
magnus962 wrote:
<snip>

Thanks a lot for putting this build together. I am a little interested to know what type of map mods you avoided, if any, in the end game and what type of precautions you would take depending on the mods you rolled.

Good Question. I didn't want to handle physical reflect (unlucky crit in bigger packs = you drop 30%+ hp), it seemed too dangerous. You could probably go slower and only kill a few enemies at a time but it would slow you down. There was stuff that I would probably not do in combination like ele weakness, -max resist and added cold/fire/lightning damage at the same time, depending on map (boss) and other rolls. You could do those ele weakness, -max resist and added cold/fire/lightning damage maps if you get sea witches.
@litto or @kaharon
Last edited by Kaharon on Aug 1, 2015, 7:10:09 AM
Any chance for a quick explanation on how damage works as dual wielder?
i mean, it looks wierd to me you used a lvl 28 weapon up untill lvl 80ish..

looks great, just ripped my 60 trapper, would love to give it a go! :D
"
huntsmon wrote:

In short: Reave can only use claw, dagger or one-handed sword. Benefit from dual wielding: 20% MORE damage, 10% MORE attack speed and of course the 15% base block.

As reave can not use the axe to actually attack it only uses your claw in your off-hand (why off-hand? -> read OP/watch the vid) while you are still dual wielding, thus you only need 1 good claw and a stat stick.
@litto or @kaharon
"
Kaharon wrote:
"
huntsmon wrote:

In short: Reave can only use claw, dagger or one-handed sword. Benefit from dual wielding: 20% MORE damage, 10% MORE attack speed and of course the 15% base block.

As reave can not use the axe to actually attack it only uses your claw in your off-hand (why off-hand? -> read OP/watch the vid) while you are still dual wielding, thus you only need 1 good claw and a stat stick.

I saw the vid, my question is: how the damage is calculated?

i mean holding an axe + claw gives 10 dps
wont holding 2 claws give more dps? since reave will be affected from 2 claws instand of 1?
"
huntsmon wrote:
"
Kaharon wrote:
"
huntsmon wrote:

I saw the vid, my question is: how the damage is calculated?

i mean holding an axe + claw gives 10 dps
wont holding 2 claws give more dps? since reave will be affected from 2 claws instand of 1?

The tooltip shows completely wrong dps. Please watch vid more carefully and read the whole text, I have described it.
@litto or @kaharon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info