1 claw dual wield reave, tanky and great clearspeed [HC] [budget]

"
Kaharon wrote:
"
jackmwp wrote:
Hey Kaharon,
I'm doing around 440 dps with reave at level 30 on this set-up:

I am killing mobs in around two or three hits and blues in 5-6 hits of reave. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Hey, change culling strike to melee physical damage and gain a lot of damage and try to get a 4 link for added fire damage.

Thanks for the response. I followed ur tips and now at lvl 40 with 1800 max dps. However, my severe lack of armor is making surviving solo REALLY hard. Should i not have so much evasion. Iron reflexes is still 17 levels away if i rush it at this point.
Thanks for the build. But. for what u have faster atacks in ur helmet and what we need add in boots?
Last edited by Kadomir on Jul 30, 2015, 12:21:45 AM
"
Kaharon wrote:
"
JerryVoy wrote:
<snip>

Anyways i was lucky enough to find an exalt and was wondering what should i spend it on, maybe a better pdps claw with the life gain on hit mod instead of the life leech, a decent 5l or first change the rest of my gear with that amount of currency.

Ty for your help.

You already have decent gear, especially for your level. You can try and get a better claw for 1 exalted but that would be hard, getting a good 5 link (one that can rival your current body armor for raw stats) is also very unlikely with just 1 exalted. You can try and get a few good rings, maybe better gloves and a better belt, rest of your gear seems pretty strong, though.

If you can find a claw which would be a decent upgrade (260+pdps, maybe crit, LGOH base!), go for it. 5 link can wait, most of the dps depends on the claw anyway.

Managed to get

hope it helps, still need 2 levels to use it.
"
Thundderz wrote:
Hey Kaharon, if you would have to go with a shield what would you suggest ?

Why would you "have to" go with a shield? Maybe you could go with Lioneye's Remorse for that huge armor boost but preferably you would get a very high evasion shield with life and resistances, you would profit the most from it. This build is very defensive, dual wielding you easily get 28% block from the tree, better than most shields. The armor, life and resistances from it are not really necessary to survive if the rest of your gear is decent.

"
Kadomir wrote:
Thanks for the build. But. for what u have faster atacks in ur helmet and what we need add in boots?

You should put the faster attacks from helmet into boots, my bad. Forgot to put it back. It was in helmet for leveling only but then I switched gems around and forgot to add it to my Vaal Reave. If you have free space in gear just put gems inside which would sell well either at lvl 20 or lvl 1 20 quality (Sell level 20 gem + gemcutters prism for level 1 gem with 20 quality) for some nice currency.

"
JerryVoy wrote:
<snip>

Managed to get

hope it helps, still need 2 levels to use it.

Nice claw! Should boost your dps by quite a lot, don't forget, tooltip dps will still be wrong, it won't increase as much as your actual dps will.
@litto or @kaharon
Hello sir, what do u think about using bor with this build? What gems would u use with it?
"
fatelessguy wrote:
Hello sir, what do u think about using bor with this build? What gems would u use with it?

I think it is a viable choice, although I would prefer a good chest and helmet combination, overall you will probably gain some damage with bor (not quite sure if 20-30 physical damage would equal you would lose out on ~18% attack speed and 2% more phys damage; lvl 20 melee phys and 20 qual lvl 20 faster attacks) but lose out on defensives. My gems in bor would be reave - multistrike - added fire - crit damage.
@litto or @kaharon
Last edited by Kaharon on Jul 30, 2015, 9:27:29 AM
can i use dual claws ?? i had hard time to grant frenzy charges. i stick to your skill tree atm.

"
trevorng wrote:
can i use dual claws ?? i had hard time to grant frenzy charges. i stick to your skill tree atm.

Read the first post (OP) before asking such questions.

I am not going to answer any further questions that you can answer for yourself by reading the guide.
@litto or @kaharon
Last edited by Kaharon on Jul 30, 2015, 12:53:34 PM
its actually a nice build, but i've just ripped at brute at merciless. think i give it another try but i just got oneshotted.

the evasion thing feels kind of sketchy sometimes in tempest/hc, most of the time your absolutely fine but then suddenly some really bad rng and you get crazy dmg spikes from ranged mobs.

but in total, its really fun to play
"
Sessi0 wrote:
Hey, very nice guide to HC reave! allready ripped 2 x 87 on tempest i was struggling what to roll next and then i saw this, i was like oh yes, HC viable melee build which isnt some block or cyclone thingy.

Started yesterday and grinded to 42, have to say that migitation isnt good and sometimes taking alot of damage BUT using a claw on early lvls helps insanely! changed to claw at lvl 37, bought a pretty decent one from poe.trade and after that havent had much problems staying alive :)

I went the duelist path since i allways like to keep builds little bit of my "own" so the pathing is like counter clockwise so to speak.

Will keep this updated and see how far i can get this one. This might be the first to break the 90 barrier!

a little update, lvl 76 atm. started using blood rage and vaal reave like at lvl 68 and doing maps. The build really starts to get going now. Clearspeed is pretty good and can pretty much keep vaal reave uptime 100%. Going to take the frenzy charges next and i think they will be very nice boost to clearspeed. The attackspeed of the build is just laughable xD

still using the culling axe which i find very nice at higher lvls since the onslaught buff is 100% up but in lower content it isnt cause white mobs pretty much get 1 shot so it doesnt proc...

propably trying to invest in soul taker next and replace my last elreon ring for some hp/physdmg.

really active gameplay and really fast. love it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info