Spud's Warbands dual lame totem MF templar (build showcase by request)

Below you'll find a description of the build I'm using in warbands right now with a templar for magic finding. I've created this thread in response to requests for a showcase of my unusual build.

The core of the build is a simple dual totem build which utilizes added cold damage and herald of ice to shatter slain enemies, while dual wielding Cameria's Mauls to gain an extra 80% IIR.

In total at the moment I have 222IIR and 22Q (which I don't know if that is a good ratio or not, this is my first build that I made myself)

Please note, this is the first build I've made myself instead of following a guide, so it is extremely WIP. I make no claim that this is a perfect build guide or anything of the sort, I'm simply showcasing what I've done at the request of some folks.

Now, on to the build:

Current tree at level 71 --

Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABAcGoAthDjwQzBRxFy8ZLh0UHwIksCftKhMyNDWSNsU8LUGWQ8hEoUrITLNPBFXGVw1Y5VnzWitboF5dZIRmnmjyah5qO26qcg9yqXaseyB7w3wOfIN99YCkggeCm4Nfg8yD24Pziq-Mdo9GkBGVBJo7ogCj8qcIp1WnlKyqrY2uEq6zr2yvm7XytzG3PsT2xq7PftD10f3SIdWm2CTYvdlh2Xzhc-vu7TzwH_Iv8kH4k_m9-tL-Cv6H

Level 90 tree (goal)

Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABAcEswVCBqALYQ48EMwRDxRxFy8XVBkuHRQfAiKBJLAn7SoTLKcyNDWSNsU6WDwtQZZDyEShSsRKyEwtTLNOrk8EVcZWSlcNWOVZ81orW6BeXWSEZp5o8moeajtuqnIPcql2rHsge8N8DnyDffWApIIHgpuDX4PMg9uD84qvjHaOPI5kj0aQEZUEmjueoaIAo_KnCKdVp5SsmKyqrY2uEq6zr2yvm7E2tfK2-rcxtz7E9sauz37Q9dH90iHVptgk2L3ZYdl84XPr7u088B_yL_JB9q73pviT-b360v4K_oc=

Current gear:

Spoiler

Hopefully, you're able to see the gems in my gear but I'll explain the links. It's rather simple...

I'm using a tabula to give me a 6 link (until I find a more suitable chest). In it, I'm using Flame Totem, Faster Casting, Added Cold Damage, Item Rarity, Fire Penetration, and Iron Will.

I'm also using an ice golem to add Crit chance (and cause he's the least annoying).

I'm self casting Assassin's Mark to grant additional crit chance and crit multi.

I'm using a standard Lightning warp, faster casting, less duration for movement.

The other links I have are all optional, and I'm mostly just leveling other stuff for fun or profit.

As for bandits, I helped oak in normal for the life, and killed everyone else the rest of the time. In retrospect I think I might have gotten the 10% all res from alira at some point and saved a passive or two, but it's really probably a wash.

Please note again that my gear is a work in progress, it is by no means the best in slot, it's just what I have at the moment that works for me. I'm happy to take suggestions on improvements! At the moment, I need the -7 elreon ring for the crit and reduced mana consumption, without it I would probably have to take some more reduced mana cost stuff in the tree.

I'm enjoying the heck out of this build, it's already paid for itself 100 times over thanks to some really nice drops.

That's basically it, folks. Hope you found this helpful and if you have feedback or any suggestions, please feel free to reply!

Regards,

Spud
Nice, wanna try it out.
How's your dps? Had any trouble with this build for going cold damage?
Last edited by germano003 on Jul 20, 2015, 8:09:31 PM

Just sitting in my hideout, not taking fire penetration or my curse into account, the dps is 4196 per totem currently.

Currently I haven't invested fully into cold damage in the tree (which I will by 90) and I'm missing several notables which will multiply my damage even farther such as 20% totem damage etc, so I expect it will only get more and more fun.

The main hurdle is dealing enough cold damage to freeze things long enough to shatter, totem crit multi and added cold damage in the link help a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info