the next classes

what do you think we'll get next? six classes and three attributes makes two each

Strength (Red): The Marauder +? marauder is attack biased melee, so maybe a defensive type tank(paladin?)

Dexterity (Green): The Ranger +? ranged attacker with a bow and maybe some kind of hunter/assasin/trapper

Intelligence (Blue): Unannounced - mage and cleric?

its already been said by the devs that all the characters would be interchangable to some extent ie: all could use some summoninghttp://pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11

so thoughts?
proud member of clanDA
Before we get an epic thread of speculation based around single attribute classes, I should point out that three of the four unannounced character classes are aligned with multiple attributes.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Yea that's not quite how the class system works.

Its like this:

Strength - Marauder

Strength/Dexterity - ???

Dexterity - Ranger

Dexterity/Intelligence - ???

Intelligence - ???

Intelligence/Strength - ???

I think they will release info on the intelligence class next so that they have all the base attributes covered, then move on to the hybrids.
I'm very excited to see the hybrid classes, i'm prone to playing the strength class in most arpgs, I really love getting in the middle of the chaos. Though i'm extremely curious as to what the hybrids will be.
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
"
Zephyroth wrote:

Intelligence/Strength - ???

Instant hard on. Shapeshifter please.
my guesses would be something like

int = mage. call it a sorc or whatever

int/str = paladin or shapeshifter. i hope for a paladin

int/dex = this is the one i really am clueless about. could argue shapeshifter could go here instead of the above. maybe something like the arcane archer (but different) from the NWN games. not sure

str/dex = rogue. could be other things like duelist/fencer/whatever but rogue seems to fit best here imo
The thing about classes is, you guys seem to be naming them from what kind of abilities they will have, but the only difference between the classes is what amount of attributes they get from the different sections of the passive skill tree ( and perhaps their base/level progression of attributes? ).

If your gonna be naming the str/int or dex/int class shapeshifter and there is a shapeshifting skill that requires int, then they str/int, dex/int and int classes could all conceivably be shapeshifters. Or if you really want you can make a str class that only has points in the int tree and shapeshifts, of course that is gimping your character.

The distinctions between the classes are their general area of expertise, not specific skills and abilities they can use.
good point and since it is unique to me not something that i really consider when thinking of future classes.

of course with that being said you could make the point that none of the 4 unannounced character classes matter really. they cann call the int/dex class "penguin of doom" and it would not matter all that matters is the attributes associated with it
"
Apocalypse23x wrote:
"penguin of doom"

LOL Now I really hope they name it that
The path of exile holds him, not at all twisted gold, a frozen spirit, not the bounty of the earth.
I think that they will (maybe) try to tailor their classes to a new zealand style..for example, the marauder is based, I believe, on the maori warrior style. The ranger I can attribute to the incoming colonials. So I think look for your characters, but with a new zealand twist.
P.S. notice the creatures of the rhoa monster...which is a combination of the moa and the rhea, both native to the kiwi nation (although one of them is now extinct)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info