Desert map boss is not fair

Last edited by SjakaWaka on Jul 21, 2015, 7:10:39 AM
"
TheStalker wrote:
"
SjakaWaka wrote:

half the old bosses are a sad joke

Atleast with the desert boss you need the pay attention and not just keep your attack button pressed.

i understand why some people hate him.

but honestly he isn't remotely OP

i was already killing him with my cycloner on lvl 60 before i had any armour with a full dps of 3k ,w/o any problems and he didn't take longer then a minute to kill.

You're just making things up unless you had like massive HP and leech. I played Cyclone as well, with like double the DPS and the boss was pretty much impossible to kill unless you run away and wait for the copies to expire, which makes the fight last for good 5-10 minutes.

This boss is OP by definition since he is a lot stronger than any of the other 68 bosses. Well, except Pit, because that boss is even more OP

i had 3.5k hp
and i had the hematology cluster at the bottom of the tree

but with 3k dps your not leeching much.

tbh i wasn't running any damage mods tough, might have had problems then.

its just about tracking the real 1, while avoiding the clones

a realy good player could do this boss w/o even getting hit once
Last edited by SjakaWaka on Jul 21, 2015, 7:10:13 AM
"
zSavage wrote:
I've crushed this boss as melee; did it during my first run through of the map when I was getting started mapping, at level 72.

"
SjakaWaka wrote:
[

but honestly he isn't remotely OP

i was already killing him with my cycloner on lvl 60 before i had any armour with a full dps of 3k ,w/o any problems and he didn't take longer then a minute to kill.

So many made up wonder stories... First, lvl72 guy CRUSHING this boss that is later topped by a lvl60 guy with 3k DPS. Next thing would be to spank him with your bare hands with no armor on!

My experience with Desert boss was different. My stats were slightly over 4.2k hp, 7 EC, Soul of Steel, 90% uptime of Fortify (with Ramparts). I used 2H Ice Crash / Heavy Strike with 28k and 22k respective DPS self-buffed (no charges included). The fight definitely takes way too long and requires melee to repeatedly move in and out of tight spots where too many copies are stacked. I also died once to him across multiple map clears because I wanted to see if I can face-tank him in one spot, once he got several copies up, the damage was extremely spiky and I run out of pots and died after getting him down to 20% hp.

Desert map is too large, with too many dead ends and too little mobs to be worth the time needed to clear it. The boss is just a nail in the coffin because it honestly takes at least as long to kill him than to clear rest of the map. Desert map is my new fodder map for chisel recipe--3 stash tabs full of gavels and the like are waiting.

Just for comparison, this character can easily blast Pit boss and his throng of monsters into oblivion. I can also kill Channel boss, angry chicken one, without breaking too much sweat. This means not all new map bosses are totally overtuned but Desert map boss certainly is, or I'm missing important fight mechanic, which makes him easier.
I tried Desert with my Flameblaster. Map itself is great, love the area.

As 78 with Flameblast at 10 stacks * 2500 firedmg * 2 crit firedmg, i tend to onecritshot bosses (Dunes, Tropical Island, Grotto) , but Desert boss no way, took rouhly 10 blasts (maybe hit with 7) to get that freak down, almost died as shooting offscreen is certainly fun (i was blasting offscreen so well played ^-^ )

HP is the problem and cloning is annoying. It seems that clones do same dmg as boss.

I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on Jul 21, 2015, 7:51:10 AM
"
Baron01 wrote:
Desert map is too large, with too many dead ends and too little mobs to be worth the time needed to clear it. The boss is just a nail in the coffin because it honestly takes at least as long to kill him than to clear rest of the map. Desert map is my new fodder map for chisel recipe--3 stash tabs full of gavels and the like are waiting.

+1
"
Marxone wrote:
I tried Desert with my Flameblaster. Map itself is great, love the area.
It seems that clones do same dmg as boss.

the boss himself doesn't do damage he only makes clones
"
Baron01 wrote:
"
zSavage wrote:
I've crushed this boss as melee; did it during my first run through of the map when I was getting started mapping, at level 72.

So many made up wonder stories... First, lvl72 guy CRUSHING this boss that is later topped by a lvl60 guy with 3k DPS. Next thing would be to spank him with your bare hands with no armor on!

My story isn't made up bro. I had no trouble with this boss at all.
You can look at my profile and check my char's gear and build if you want.
I run Cyclone w/ WoE, in a 4L. Cyclone + Bloodmagic + Life Gain on Hit + Fortify. Tool tip DPS is a little over 8K atm, which translates to ~16K+ effective DPS. I had at the time about 4200 life and 3800 armor, and 4 endurance charges max. I have 100% fortify uptime in combat, of course.

At the beginning of the fight it took me about 30 seconds to identify the correct target, then I stuck on him and killed him, and the fight was over.

I can say from playing my standard char that this boss is far tankier than any other 68 map boss I've seen (I've been testing some of the new maps); he usually evaporates bosses very fast but this one took about 2-3 times as long.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
The boss on Desert map is absolutely ridiculous for an entry level map. If you stand still long enough to identify which of the 12 copies is moving, you eat 3-5 of those black arrows. Maybe a pure armor build can suck up that kind of damage, but a caster needs to stick and move. If you are busy sticking and moving, you do not have time to look for which mirror happens to be turning with you. To those saying the boss walks around... not so much. A step here and there, maybe. Mostly the boss is either making copies or shooting you. Walking? Ain't nobody got time for that!

This map is chisel fodder. I have no clue how anyone in development ever got it into their head that this map boss is a good way to introduce new players to mapping. Whoever you are, you are wrong. This boss will send players back to doing a few dozen Kaom runs rather than touch your mapping system. Tropical Island... the kindergarten of mapping. Basically structured playtime and trying to color inside the lines. In other words, a very effective introduction to how mapping differs from the prior content.

Desert is something else. Desert is like skipping a few grades and then blundering into the class bully on your first day. Desert is like endless wedgies and getting shoved into your locker every day. Desert makes mapping feel like a waste of one's allotment of gaming time. There is so much more fun to be had doing almost anything else. As a for instance, I'd rather try to open a bank vault through the steady repetition of slamming my face into the door, than play Desert.

For those who are new to mapping, trade three Deserts to a vendor. Or use them to make chisels. There is literally no level 69 map as ridiculously frustrating as Desert. :(
I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...
So I went back and took on this boss at level 84 using my wild strike evasion melee. Turns out the clones never change the direction they fire, so you can just stay out of their line of fire when there are less than 10 of them.

The boss has WAY too much life, and doesn't stop shooting mirror/blink arrow long enough for melee to damage him.

If they moved orchard to 75 and replaced it with desert, I think they actually made entry level maps worse.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
This boss seems to have more life than any other boss in the game.

wuuuut

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info