[2.0] Thrash Atziri in trash (SRS) (~15C)(Atziri only)

Since i've been asked how i was farming atziri fairly soon after league start (Warbands) by too many people, i'll give a quick rundown on what i've done.

This is by no means new and special - just a way to show people that have never done Atziri before and want to make some money, like me at the start of this league, how it's done. I now have ~20 ex which is not much for some veterans but for me it's an incredible sum.
After doing quite a few runs and selling the drops, we are able to upgrade into better gear for faster and safer kills (and possibly uber at some day)

This guide is for you if
- you've never killed atziri before
- you want to make some currency to play that mjölner build you've always dreamed of
- you want to play a build that works on an incredibly small budget (by the time you are level 70, you have more currency than needed to gear this build), yet is able to upgrade into very powerful gear later on (by farming it yourself)
- you like SRS in general (but there's better guides out there for that since this one only focuses on atziri)

Bandits

Normal: Oak (+40 life)
Cruel: Alira (+5% castspeed)
Merciless: kill all (+1 skillpoint)

FirstAtziriKill

respecced skilltree into

Alright so what else do we need to kill her?
Gems&Links

I started farming her when my SRS was lvl 17 but i felt the damage was a bit lacking - after it leveled to 18 i was able to do my first deathless run

SRS-SpellEcho-MeleePhysicalDamage-MinionDamage-Multistrike(Bosses)/MeleeSplash(Trash)

IncreasedDuration-FleshOffering-VaalHaste (cost me 2C, but expect it to be around 5C)

Spelltotem-Arc

Clarity-BloodMagic

Desecrate

VaalSummonSkeletons (an alch or a C)

Haste

Hatred

Gear

5L +2 Fire Staff (this is the most expensive part about this, i bought one for 6C and rolled +2 myself (make sure it's ilvl 55+ or sadness will ensue) with the alts i had gotten so far (-> Total Cost about 9C)
This is the staff i used and still use

The rest of the gear is just used to cap resists and give some life. Castspeed, manaregen and stuff like that are luxury we can't afford (for now) :p
(I had capped fire and lightning res (a 20% coldres) and about 3000 life on my first atziri kill)
Jewels

Other than Conqueror's efficiency (reduced mana reserved) we just use generic minion damage jewels like

Once we have access to more currency and better jewels, we want castspeed/life in addition to minion damage

Flasks

instantflasks - ideally two of them to heal the taken damage

quicksilver flask to run around (and out of flameblasts) a bit faster. rolled bleed removal because the puncturing snake trash mobs can hurt if you get hit.

ruby flask because i'm retarded and not fully capable of dodging every flameblast (you might survive one of the smaller ones with this up)

granite flask because atziri's spear hurt so much you wanna cry

HowToKill

Disclaimer: I have no clue who first developed the strategies for those fights so i can't give credit - if you do, let me know

Remember: We have 6 portals - we can use them (deathless runs will follow with practice and slowly upgrading our gear)
Trash
Do you really need to learn how to kill Trash?

Trio

if you die during the fight, try to charge up another vaal summon skeletons and use them as soon as you enter the room again - they usually buy you enough time. If you can't do that you will have to use hit&run tactics while evading the "corrupted ground" that deals heaps of damage to you

Thanks @Ghazzy for developing the tactic with the Vaal summon Skeletons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9bdxdwmDrk

Atziri

remember to dodge the first flameblast she might do (unlike me in the video) and to put the totem into the corner in the splitphase. If you put the totem next to one of the atziris, the first flameblast might target the totem and all your raging spirits will die to it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV3Zf7x2jpw

UpgradingYourGear&passives

Alright, by this point we have farmed atziri for quite a while and sold the drops - we can upgrade some of our gear. Maybe, just maybe we have even gained a few levels and were able to pick a few new passives.

The most obvious and expensive upgrade: A 6L +3 Staff
The extra link (and levels) to SRS give us an insane damage boost - normal Atziri is a piece of cake now (splitphases can't even finish their first flameblast before they die)
Expect to pay above 20ex for something similar. If you wanna go for making one yourself, buy a +3 Staff and 6L it yourself - this will on average be cheaper than rolling +3 on an already 6L Staff.

With an Alpha's Howl and the additional aura cluster on the passive tree we are now able to run anger to increase our dps. Make sure to link it with generosity or it will stop you from proccing lightning only EE with your arctotem

Some extra life for our life-starved tree? Yes please!

Substitute our normal graniteflask with rumi's - in combination with the implicit staff blockrate that helps tremendously against atziri's spears that chunk us for half of our life

I made this myself in the cheapest and most time consuming way:
-level SRS gems to 20
-vendor them with 1 GCP to get them to 20% and lvl 1 again
-level all the gems again to 20
-corrupt and pray

if you have limited playtime this might not be for you - you may either buy high% SRS gems and level them to 20 to corrupt, buy 20/20 gems or even find a 21/20 gem on poe.trade (prepare your exalts in that case)

20/20Gems

We are poor and stingy so the way to go about this is: first level all your gems that you need quality on to 20 and vendor them together with a GCP in order to get lvl 1 20% gems. They will be up to ~lvl 10 again just from killing the trash before atziri and you will have a lvl 20SRS at this point so it makes a minor difference.

Gear@17.06.2015

Not all that fancy but atziri, my sugarmomma, payed for all of it

CurrentGear@25.06.2015

All that Atziri farming finally payed off - i was able to buy a 6L +3 firestaff for ~23ex.
My Atziri Project is over with this. I will keep the guide update and answer all questions you might have and play it again in the next challenge league.

If anything is unclear or if you find any mistakes, feel free to leave an answer in the thread!
Last edited by Sharve on Aug 9, 2015, 11:27:38 PM
Great guide, super cheap but I can only do crit builds ;_;
Gonna try this! Thanks. :)
I find SRS builds really benefit from ele weakness, im currently making one that will try and use: CWDT(1)+ball light(1)+CoH(max)+ele weakness(max) instead of arc totem. end game the threshold should be low enough to break often. will need to fully test this myself but might be worth a cheeky little tinker :)

Also great guide pretty much know the build off by heart but nice to have a little revision :)

Thanks bud!
Last edited by Ekzploit on Jul 22, 2015, 11:26:03 AM
This build looks good and very cheap for its benefits.
"
Ekzploit wrote:
I find SRS builds really benefit from ele weakness, im currently making one that will try and use: CWDT(1)+ball light(1)+CoH(max)+ele weakness(max) instead of arc totem. end game the threshold should be low enough to break often. will need to fully test this myself but might be worth a cheeky little tinker :)

Also great guide pretty much know the build off by heart but nice to have a little revision :)

Thanks bud!

I agree, ele weakness is a powerful addition and i will certainly be using it for uber. I feel with CWDT it will be too unreliable for atziri tho and i will most likely be using Arc+CoH+eleweakness +(tempchains if dual curse?)
Last edited by Sharve on Jul 22, 2015, 11:31:12 AM
"
I agree, ele weakness is a powerful addition and i will certainly be using it for uber. I feel with CWDT it will be too unreliable for atziri tho and i will most likely be using Arc+CoH+eleweakness +(tempchains if dual curse?)

If the CWDT doesn't proc enough i will just hard cast curse when i need it. the build has such stupid high damage one curse hard cast is best but IMO. 2 curses is a waste of 4 links you could make better use of
Inventors of atziri tactics:

VSS/positioning at trio => Ghazzy.

3 Vaal haste at Atziri => Crezury.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Heya, how do you handle if you get Mirror during atziri split phase?
"
bonltt wrote:
Heya, how do you handle if you get Mirror during atziri split phase?

I basically just bash through it (you will have to dodge some more flameblasts if you do tho)
If you don't wanna do that - pop vaal summon skeles (if avaliable) and reposition

alternatively you can position yourself inbetween two or more of the splitphases and once you see the mirror, direct your minions to another one

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info