struggling to make a doryanis fist build

alright lets start hopefully i can get some people to help me work on this
i am pretty broke right now but will do my best to buy/test every suggestion that i can

here is the current gear i am using (all hand me downs from before)

and the tree i have at level 77
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUBBLMOSBEPEZYTnhQgFLAWbxa_Fy8aOBo-G8gdFCSwJpUnLy9vMtE2PTqtOthFR0qYTC1QR1VLValV1lcNWfNd8l8_YeJirGTnZp5o8myMb4Rwu3GFcg9yqXaseTl82X4zfuJ_xoCkggeCHoKbhTKIQouMjDaPRpBVlFyboZ2qns2iAKSRrJisqq2NtMXAZsHFwuzMZs9-0iHZE9lh2wvhc-Nq44Tp1eoY6-7sGOw47SDvDvAf8i_yQfcy99f53frS_xw=

pretty much the idea of my build was to use the crazy scaling with doryanis fist to use cyclone comk to proc arc...was hoping to be able to use es as my only form of mana from block (aegis) and shock kill (doryanis)

so far in testing here are the problems im experiencing

1. No leech
2. Single Target is really bad and there is no way to sustain mana
3. Low Block
4. Not entirely sure aegis is necessary since block and armor is pretty low
5. Not sure alpha howl is the best
6. Defense is mediocre at best for melee
7. Area of effect for unarmed is a strugle

However groups of white or blue mobs do go down really fast and you can sustain mana very easily and its pretty fun

This is my first build ive ever worked on and there doesnt seem to be much guidance out there so be nice when you call me stupid :P i know i am but im trying.
Last edited by etem65 on Jul 17, 2015, 12:11:11 AM
my first thought when seeing those gloves was to try and scale the lightning damage on spells somehow with a really fast hitting spell like ball lightning or even incinerate. no clue if it's viable though
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
yea i could see scaling incinerate with it similiar to like the apeps rage incinerate builds but not quite the flavor i wanted to try for this build
get yuorself a romira's banquet and use discharge instead of arc

EDIT: this thing will help you out with the unarmed aoe (which will also affect discharge)
Last edited by ShinningWizard on Jul 17, 2015, 1:29:42 AM
"
get yuorself a romira's banquet and use discharge instead of arc

EDIT: this thing will help you out with the unarmed aoe (which will also affect discharge)

went ahead and did that...but just replaced added lightning in the 6 link with discharge so have discharge and arc running...seems much better good advice...still have no idea how to deal with single target but meh
Hi buddy, I just started testing the glove on tempest so I thought I'll post my thoughts on that thing, maybe some of them will help and give you a different idea that will lead us to some crazy spec :)

My first idea was pretty much what everyone is thinking when they see the glove. "I should try COMK with this thing." The problem is scaling. Not only you're loosing WED from passives and gear (belt plus jewellery can easily get to 120% plus passives like catalyse) you are also loosing the most important gem that any ele spec needs and that is weapon elemental dmg. That is a multiplier gone out of the window and it really hurts (I guess there's a reason why facebreakers have that massive multiplier right? :D). Which results into awful single target that is pretty much impossible to scale further. There is no amount of flat dmg and inc ele/lightning dmg that can compensate for this loss imho and you will always face this problem be it with resistant rares or bosses. So my personal opinion is that COMK is not a good combination with this item even though it looks like it was designed specifically for COMK.

My other idea was: "okey if it's impossible to make the melee part scale into decent damage I have to make my trigger setup differently." So I thought - go ele spec but instead of COMK use trigger setups with CWDT lvl 1 with spells that have high damage effectiveness (Fireball, Freezing pulse etc.). This way my ele melee doesn't matter that much coz I should be spamming all the spells from these trigger setups and they should have ele from the glove, two heralds and anger (all nice flat damage boosts to our trigger setups). But I forgot one thing. 70% less dmg from CWDT lvl 1. Which means you either use lvl 1 and your spells proc all the time with no dmg (after all 70% less dmg is insane downgrade to all the flat damage we have], or you level your cwdt setups which means your spells hurt but you don't proc them that often. Both are sub-optimal at best. One deals no dmg at rapid pace :( and the other one means you have to take tremendous amount of punishment in order to proc those (that sounds suicidal). So I tossed that idea as well.

Idea number 3 :D This one is pure speculation I haven't run the numbers so I truly don't know. Go cap block aegis aurora and use a spell (probably incinerate coz you can reduce mana to 0-1 per cast and it deals okey dmg without heavy investment) and heavily supported tempest shield. That thing should hit all the time and even though tempest shield has only 60% dmg effectiveness (I think so, not sure) it should still be nice boost to our dmg. The problem is that we get the glove for boost to incinerate that has only 30% dmg effectiveness and tempest shield (60%) so all in all its probably better to just use nice pair of gloves and a wand or Cybil's. That didn't feel like doryani's fist build but a good build where you put the glove in just for the sake of using it. Hence why I didn't run the numbers and didn't theorycraft further :(

My latest idea is to go CI caster.... I know CI, tempest league? But bare with me :)
I was thinking 220% inc ES from passives (not counting int and jewels) ZO with 12% regen and use Stormcall as my main skill with 70% chance to avoid interuptions from stuns while casting (practical application and nimbleness) and keep the ability to get stunned. This way we can cast while being stunned and use multiple CWS setups with stuff like arc and shock nova at the same time. For sustain we'll have 12% regen (that means around 1500 ES per second with decent gear) , leech (nothing special but helps), recharge, end charges and once it reaches 87 AA as well. Damage is still solid since we get cws setups with spells that have 50-80% dmg effectiveness with the glove flat dmg and decent amount of spell/ele and lightning dmg from the tree.

EDIT: Oh almost forgot the glove gives us chance to shock and 30 ES on kill (nothing major but another dmg boost coz we will shock more often; our dmg should be high enough; and the es on kill is a nice additional boost to our survivability, nothing major but a nice addition).

Last edited by Jehlathor on Aug 15, 2015, 7:37:23 AM
"
Jehlathor wrote:

My latest idea is to go CI caster.... I know CI, tempest league? But bare with me :)
I was thinking 220% inc ES from passives (not counting int and jewels) ZO with 12% regen and use Stormcall as my main skill with 70% chance to avoid interuptions from stuns while casting (practical application and nimbleness) and keep the ability to get stunned. This way we can cast while being stunned and use multiple CWS setups with stuff like arc and shock nova at the same time. For sustain we'll have 12% regen (that means around 1500 ES per second with decent gear) , leech (nothing special but helps), recharge, end charges and once it reaches 87 AA as well. Damage is still solid since we get cws setups with spells that have 50-80% dmg effectiveness with the glove flat dmg and decent amount of spell/ele and lightning dmg from the tree.

EDIT: Oh almost forgot the glove gives us chance to shock and 30 ES on kill (nothing major but another dmg boost coz we will shock more often; our dmg should be high enough; and the es on kill is a nice additional boost to our survivability, nothing major but a nice addition).

could you link the tree plz Im trying to make one my self but yours could be a great inspiration

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info