Tempest Shield - Leap Slam Build

I wanted to try out a build i haven't seen yet. I wanted to use a 1H + Shield and Leap Slam into monsters with Tempest Shield up.

I plan on linking Life Leech to Tempest Shield and Leap Slam so I took Vaal Pact since there were not many life regen nodes around the shield nodes. Im still up in the air on Vaal Pact so I might not use.

Here is the build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBLMFWwkzDPcUTRkuGjIaOB0UJCUn7SjFKU8qODEBNYA64TwFPC1FR0bXTDVN4099UWBXDVnzXcZmnnB9cql0TXq4fNl9U4BWgpuDOIi6iPGLjJBVn9-gtKIAplenhKluqZWsWayqrpOvbLT5tQS18raGtz7AGsWKxq7Mt9E21XXZYd3z4XPnY-nV7DjtIO988B_yRfLO8wbzvvrS-6r-Cv6P

What other skills would possible work good with this build? I think I will use Blood Magic with Leap Slam so I can spam that all day. And if I'm in a dire situation where I can't jump on monsters to recover life, I will simply Portal to town and back real fast.

Thanks for any comments.
IGN Raikker
Last edited by Mokak on Feb 11, 2013, 6:54:25 PM
Try to rework the tree so you can obtain the shock on lightning damage node and static bows at the top of the witches tree. You can then use elemental proliferation with tempest shield to shock the group that you are leap slamming.

I am also working on a leap slam build, a duelist, and am using a blood magic gem with leap slam leaving my mana pool able to access some good %based auras. At later levels leave enough mana to cast a few basic abilities in different situations (ie. curses), considering 1 mana potion with life leech and a high recovery rate perhaps.

Blood rage would be a good ability for you to incorporate (frenzy charges with added life leeching), but I see you'd lack the needed dexterity. It would also be beneficial to have the faster attacks support with leap slam (for you especially since you lack any IAS. )Attack speed is crucial with leap slam otherwise you're not taking full advantage of stuns\knockbacks that frequent slams give to stay alive.

I'd also suggest a totem, rejuvenation strategically placed could give you nice regen while you're slamming a group.

Finally, molten shell would be right up your ally with all that strength you have combined with an iron will support, it works nicely with elemental damage from the templar tree plus damage negated from blocking can set off the BOOM, which obviously you'll be doing a lot of.

Bored in an airport? Yell, 'bomb!'
I use the Templar leap slam tank build. It's pretty good in my opinion. I have capped physical defense when all 6 charges are up, and 80% magical resist to all in merciless, along with a 50% block chance at lv68. Main skills are, leap slam, determination, inferno blow, enduring cry, rejuvenation totem(for boss fights only, mob fights it's not necessary and waste mana). I'm also thinking of getting tempest shield,once I get the 20% mana reduction passive. I've used molten shield early game, but I find it pretty weak and it waste both mana and time to use the skill.
Also, I use mana because of all the mana reserved by the aura and lots of reduce mana gems. I don't lose mana when fighting groups of mobs due to my 2% mana leech, but i do have to drink pots on BOSS fights. There are still lots of room for improvements to my build.
I still die, of course, to "groups of chaos damage rares", " bunch of dogs on Docks" and Brutus.

The good thing about leap slam is that u can jump into groups of monsters and still keep your health at max with every slam (a life on hit gem), so you can farm really fast early on.
late game You can taunt and tank monsters when in a group,so your teammates can do loads of damage (assuming that your group members wont get 2 shoted by any monsters that escapes, monsters escape pretty fast even after you taunt them, I guess it's pretty helpful if you put a duration on the taunt, never tried it tho).

The drawbacks to this build is that you cant really do whole lot of damage. Sometimes when I fight a crowed of mobs, 30-40, especially casters, it takes about 1 whole min kill all of them; even longer with magical and rares.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info