Pushing on with ele-templar or switch completely? (aka am I shit?)

EDIT: Forgot my talent-tree!
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABLMGOQ18FVAc3B8YJy8o-ilPMtE6WDrYPQ9DY0VHSbFPBFFgUftVxlfJZlRo8nflfLuBr4Kbg9uFe4rkjHaPGo9GkFWTJ5rPm6Gb7J48oS-iAKcIrJivbLEFtAy4k7jQvorAZsrTzRbXz9o64XPquuvu7DjtIO-I8B_zBvfX-Tf7qg==

So, I have been playing templar in the new Warband and loved it so far, I was going elemental, shield and summoning and was all fine and dandy up to mid cruel.
For some reason I totally thought it was a good combo, not sure why (henche my talents are a bit spread)
But realized I am either semi-shit in 2 aspects or just decent in one of them.
Minions soaked damage but did nothing in return, and that was at least 10 points spent in it.

After that I removed my summoning skills and put it in survival/elemental damage.
Currently using Static strike/lightning strike/Ice crash, depending on the situation. (carry it all in inventory!)

I am at act 3 in Cruel right now, its not too hard but its not fun, not going effective and recently everything that hits me makes me slightly stunned, also eating my shield/hp in a heartbeat, this is both normal and magical monsters work.
Elemental is of no issue.

My question is, how bad did I fuck up?

Talents?
Can/should I respecc my talents, trade the last few orbs I have for that?
Should I just switch to any other elemental? Herald of thunder is nice with lightning, but I could prob go fire or whatever without issues personally, not sure on what thou.

Gear?
Is it mostly my gear that is bad? I do know I had poor luck with my gear and wasted.. oh god knows how many chaos/alch orbs just to get something semi-decent while leveling, yet this is what I live with.
(Just got new gloves thou, replaced my level 23 gloves! woop)
My defense is at 33% after putting 2 points in some heavy armor-giving nodes. was even lower previous.
I am at the library and whacking atm.

Spoiler

New class/buildfocus?
I slightly regret I did not roll my bow-duelist, thats one of the first classes I got twice to over 70 in earlier days, and now with so many new bowskills, tornado, clones and funky stuff, it looks jummy.

I rather go pure Evasion-bow user, wanting that since my first bow-adventure, to start of right away with the bow, instead of needing a few levels before I could go bow all out.
But seeing that I can take a few hits as well, (better safe then sorry?) made me go duelist.
To scared to try really. :)

I am a bit worried pure-evasion might be hard endgame, can I even survive one hit if it lands?
Please, if you have experience with it, give me a sellspeech about going full evasion!

Last edited by catstyle on Jul 16, 2015, 1:56:00 AM
I am somebody who tries out a lot of stuff, no nerve to go into the very high levels. For evasion i think you are really OK if you take acrobatics. Feels kinda tanky. You still need a lot of life obviously.

Your weapon is not very good. I think that's the main cause of your problem. You can get much better. Are you self found by chance? That's how i usually work as well. But for the weapon you might want to consider buying one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info