[Build Help] Flame Surge | Searing Bond | Double curse

Hello, I'm looking for help on where to go next on my build.

Video of build in action (Cruel Merveil @ level 43) :
(KINDA LOUD MUSIC SORRY)

Passive tree at the time of the video being recorded :

Defensive stats :

Spoiler

Description of build :

Flame surge gets 50% damage bonus against burning targets so I achieve 100% up-time of burning on my target via the Searing bond totem. Tonnes of damage ensues and in combination of Flammability and Elemental Weakness + fire penetration support gem means extra tonnes of damage.

Flame surge + anger : 1793 dps @ level 43
Searing Bond : 976.7 dps @ level 43

Problem :

My problem is I am pretty much a glass cannon. I can destroy most things before they touch me but bosses like the Butcher are very tough because in order to cast more then twice on him I have to face tank a 50% hp hit. I died three times on butcher in cruel. This is not a problem for bosses where I can just move slightly and continue my damage like Merveil (see above video) which was a one shot.

I'm wondering if my passive tree is trash or if my gear is trash or I need to suck it up and change how I play to be less aggressive.

Also, I never see flame surge in any builds, is it worth continuing to use or is it not good?

Thanks in advance!
I know it is tempting to go for all those damage nodes in the tree, but you see the problem yourself: you are a glass canon. Nothing wrong with it while you are not playing HC, but you have to get used to it (and increasingly so) that you get killed all the time.

If you want to change that use the next 20 levels or so to collect life nodes, your damage seems to be covered already. I think there is nothing wrong with the way you play. Searing bond + flame surge sounds like fun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info