Preliminary 0.9.4 patch notes?

What is a keystone passive?
"
kendeniro wrote:
What is a keystone passive?

Some quite defining passive like ability to use 2h weapon in one hand (and in result to dual wield 2h weapons). Just a note - this is just an example so it may or may not be in the game
"I fear no evil, for I am fear incarnate!"

"Many claim they wish to destroy their enemies. If this were true, most would be compelled to destroy themselves."
Last edited by wizard_6 on Dec 1, 2011, 10:53:25 AM
I'm not sure if they'll be that good, I'm thinking a stat node that gives 15 instead of 10 lol

On a serious note I think they're basically gonna be focus points in the skill tree, wish we had more info on them as everyone seems a little vague.
Well the patch should be out soon so the light will shine on it then. But seeing as they are redoing how stats work and reworking tree, make sure you plan things out before re-investing all your points. =P
This just reiterates what Chris and other devs have already said about keystones, but...

They're very powerful passives that give special characteristics/abilities to your character, but with a severe penalty. The given example of dual-wielding 2-handers would be extremely powerful. It would include a trade-off, probably in the form of negative defenses, much slower attacks, or something similar to keep it from being an obvious must-have for every build (just examples).

The keystones in alpha are very fun to use. They definitely change the way you would play your character, but they're not all-out powerhouses. You really do have to consider if the penalty is worth the advantage for your character. They're not so powerful that you have to have them; you can play just as effectively without them, as well.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
This just reiterates what Chris and other devs have already said about keystones, but...

They're very powerful passives that give special characteristics/abilities to your character, but with a severe penalty. The given example of dual-wielding 2-handers would be extremely powerful. It would include a trade-off, probably in the form of negative defenses, much slower attacks, or something similar to keep it from being an obvious must-have for every build (just examples).

The keystones in alpha are very fun to use. They definitely change the way you would play your character, but they're not all-out powerhouses. You really do have to consider if the penalty is worth the advantage for your character. They're not so powerful that you have to have them; you can play just as effectively without them, as well.

Does this mean the skill tree has changed a whole bunch again?
The tree hasn't changed much at all, really. A few areas are rearranged, but most of the keystones are placed on the outer areas so they take more effort to get. Patch notes are up, so you can read about the current keystones if you haven't already.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info