Screw the ignore list. You need to take action against these idiots.

A question ...
Are squelsh account or character based ???

I hope account based, because sometimes i go hlp clan running in softcore - and well ... i guess theres alot off kids there.
Used squelsh alot, and still i find new peops there in need off squelsh - so i guess character based.

Running HC 90 % off time, unless someone need hlp or items in SC.
Last edited by Jetcutter on Nov 29, 2011, 10:39:13 AM
The /ignore command is account-based.
Even whispers are account-based... if you whisper someone's main character, and they're on an alt, it'll send it to the alt ;)
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
It makes you wonder where these people live, i dont know of anywhere that this kind of disgusting racism is tolerated let alone promoted, its very sad when you think about it that the "just ignore them" attitude of their parents, teachers and peers that lets theses kind of warped views propagate.

Im sure that GGG will be on top of this when they have some more resources/staff.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Why is ignoring annoying people so damn hard for some people, have you no self control?
Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
Things seemed to take a real dive about 3 - 4 days ago, and I'm sad to say, it was at that point that I turned off global chat for the first time, and it's been that way ever since.

It's very peaceful, but I do miss reading the chat from the nice and knowledgeable guys that the community was comprised of before.

And Drudley, just ignoring certain players isn't necessarily a preferred option, for various reasons...it can get kinda frustrating only seeing half a conversation (or less than half).
Havent ran into anything remotely as bad as the situations in the OP screens... I've pretty much ignored global chat, 'cause it seems like ppl are just sending links of every cr** item they happen to find, and fighting over certain bosses being hard while others laugh at them calling them noobs... bad enough, for me but those screens were crazy. :(
Its good to hear that something is going to be done about it.
P67 Extreme4 - Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3,40Ghz (8 core)-Sandy Bridge - SeaSonic SS-620GB 620W - G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 1600, 16Gbytes - R6950 MSi Twin Frozr III - Thermalright X-Silent 140 - Fractal Design Define R3, Black Pearl - Scythe SlipStream 120mm x 3
Must say, this makes me glad I play HC, haven't seen any of it there yet.
As I looked through those screenshots the only thing on my mind was "Hide Global Chat". Works for me.
"
Must say, this makes me glad I play HC, haven't seen any of it there yet.

HC is not only a much lower player base but it's got more mature players who are there because they take the game seriously.
Filters are not the answer to deal with this stuff. People who flame-bait, spam the chat, and disrespect others should be dealt with - filters do not stop any of that.

"Offensive words" are just words, and they depend on the context — if someone is acting bad, it's the conglomeration of words that will be the problem, not just 1 or 2 of them.

The one "filter" (more-so regulation) that I would desire would be chat message limiter — for now just 1 message per second (per person) in local, and maybe max 2 messages every 10 seconds in global (per person). Certainly a very conservative (retentionist) setting, but it can be changed later when more people arrive.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info