Screw the ignore list. You need to take action against these idiots.

wow. obscenely ridiculous. most of those people were already on my ban list so I didnt see most of it. thank goodness for /ignore.
"
jcjunglebob wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Thank you for the reports. We are going to both warn/ban people and try to work out a better solution to this problem for the future.

Filters only go so far, best way to stop this kind of thing is actively penalizing/banning people who do so.

That will work in closed beta when membership is limited.
For open beta and beyond though, banning doesn't do much, as they can just make another free account.
Hopefully GGG can come up with something better as I got nothing :P
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
Last edited by taekvideo on Nov 28, 2011, 7:06:43 PM
In the long term, we'll have someone always in game who can just instantly deal with this. For now though, we don't have anyone on at night and we have to rely on logs the next day.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
taekvideo wrote:
"
jcjunglebob wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Thank you for the reports. We are going to both warn/ban people and try to work out a better solution to this problem for the future.

Filters only go so far, best way to stop this kind of thing is actively penalizing/banning people who do so.

That will work in closed beta when membership is limited.
For open beta and beyond though, banning doesn't do much, as they can just make another free account.
Hopefully GGG can come up with something better as I got nothing :P

Sure they "can" but who is going to re-roll just to get banned again? They'll either learn their lesson or get banned repeatedly until they leave.

It also sets an example for others that there are consequences. It's not about controlling it on a case by case situation, its about setting the atmosphere with a community that shuns that type of attitude.

I've played many games with a polite and awesome community, and the community is the only sure-fire way to deal with these types of issues.

The real issue with it is the sheer number of people you would have to moderate/penalize. But its easier to start now in beta to weed a few bad apples and continue than it is to deal with it later on down the line when its a widely acceptable way to act in the game (think LoL) and becomes out of control.
Last edited by jcjunglebob on Nov 28, 2011, 7:26:24 PM
I'm glad that crap doesn't happen in Hardcore...
"
jcjunglebob wrote:
Sure they "can" but who is going to re-roll just to get banned again? They'll either learn their lesson or get banned repeatedly until they leave.

You'd think that'd be the case, but it's not. There are people who constantly get banned from WoW for this kind of thing exactly, and actually buy a new game to continue abusing people on the internetz. In a free game there's nothing stopping the no-lifes from entertaining themselves at others' expense.

It does sound like GGG is on top of it though. Having someone always on-hand to deal with these kinds of problems will be nice, assuming they're able to handle it with so many players online.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
People do it on WoW because they can get away with it, they may buy the game once if they get banned, but it's a very rare occurrence for people to do it repeatedly. No one wants to waste time losing all their data over and over for very long, no matter how little you may think of them.

Again its about constructing a community to shun these kinds of things, not about how to absolutely stop all abuse. That way the cases they do have to deal with are fewer and further between.

It's easier to ban one user for acting like an idiot than sifting through arguments with 10+ people all getting out of line.

I guess my shorter point is that you don't design general features and designs to focus on extreme elements. It either gets too costly or alienates regular players. No one wants to go through a full body scan at the airport.
Last edited by jcjunglebob on Nov 28, 2011, 7:59:41 PM
So sad seeing all that :(

But with a active community that cares , atleast something will always be done about such bad behavior.

Yours

Democatai
http://www.youtube.com/user/swedishtavern

Around 90h of PoE Content made and spread across Scandinavia. Now invading Europe & US
Enjoy
"
Chris wrote:
In the long term, we'll have someone always in game who can just instantly deal with this. For now though, we don't have anyone on at night and we have to rely on logs the next day.

I would be willing to be this person Chris. I'll be on day and night, 24/7 and all I need in return is Dental/living expenses.. and a sweet title so my in-laws wont get wise...
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
If you are actually hiring someone for that, I'd be interested :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info