Level 1 DPS Competition

I didn't do any precise crunching, but I thought bows would have a good shot at this too — get a good quiver and a good bow — pretty fast attack speed, and AFAIK same or better damage than a 1h melee.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Lebowitz_M
Default League
28.6 DPS

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable
Unavailable

other equips:
Unavailable
Unavailable

Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Lebowitz wrote:
Unavailable

A bug! This sash has improper black background.
ingame: FeelLuckyPunk standard
"
Ugm wrote:

A bug! This sash has improper black background.

Nice spot. I thought there was something up with that.

Seems also to be true of other belts.

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Last edited by Lebowitz on Dec 2, 2011, 7:52:36 AM
"
Xapti wrote:
I didn't do any precise crunching, but I thought bows would have a good shot at this too — get a good quiver and a good bow — pretty fast attack speed, and AFAIK same or better damage than a 1h melee.

Seems like a good idea.
Last edited by FaceLicker on Dec 2, 2011, 4:28:27 PM
Hardcore league: Praetor_Gt
Class: Templar
DPS: presently 45.1
Passives: none
Time spent farming: ~ 8 hrs
Unavailable
Unavailable

I don't have enough whetstones to blow on these items to make em quality. That would push my dps up to 50...

"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Dec 4, 2011, 6:23:16 AM
Hardcore League: LevelOneDpsEntry
Class: Duelist
DPS: 56.2

Completely burned out on this competition. Grabbed a few skill points and began to build for a dual wield using short swords, but I went through a dozen or more rare short swords, and I couldn't get a single one with decent mods. All caster or utility garbage. Best 1h swords
Unavailable
Unavailable

ended up netting me ~54 dps I think, but some 2h sword I found a while back had a near-optimal set of mods on it, and it beat the dual wield set out due to my lack of apparent luck.
Unavailable

Provided you could find the same optimal mods on a couple short swords, grab all 12 points, and find a good set of rare armor, iron rings, amulet, and rustic sash, it would beat out every other build from a purely mathematical sense. In regards to ease of finding applicable items, though? Just roll a bow ranger or 2H marauder.

Is it possible to twink out a level 1? Theoretically, yes. Practically? Not really. The sheer amount of time and effort you'd have to put into such a thing outweighs any benefits it may entail (short of some pvp event using only level 1 characters, I see none). It's also worth noting that DPS isn't an end-all measure of a character's usefulness. Even if you could somehow equip a level 1 character with the DPS of a level 20 character, it doesn't change the fact that you're squishy, and any random level 20 mob would probably be able to drop you in 3 hits or less.
Char : Blackhawk_dps
League : Hardcore
Class : Ranger
DPS : 39.7

Unavailable

Unavailable
Char : wert
League : hardcore
Class : ranger
DPS : 50.3
passives : 0

Before I forget, here is my entry:

Char: Sexmachine
League: Default
DPS: 64.8

In my oppinion GGG shouldn't only give an award for the winner. Prizes for the top 5 entries or so would be great.
I'm sure that I'm not the only one who invested quite some time/orbs here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info