Please critique my long term, lightning strike build

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVuLjOFz7SBG14TERHJANiNNtPnwHwSzFE2iADKJd-VX4uw4GjinhJBVwBrkrd7BZp6plU99gFYaMlFg-tIdFFnzrKpyqXzZj0bQ0M9lVcYWb_3Pm6Fnve5vcH0Z6SlPgps26SSqGYXjajOWcz9BjEw1KMXzvjrYTdiMdlHmtC9BPxpsna6IujWAMQEn7fPd

Hi guys,

So I'm about 33 on my Templar so far, and am starting to think about where I want to go for the long game as I'm about to finish up Normal. I've been warned in advance to build extremely tanky if I intend to survive in the higher difficulties, so this is what I've come up with in an attempt to maximize my tankiness/damage ratio. I would estimate that I will have enough points for this build around level 60-65, so its realistic. It basically features:

- Lots of +Life.
- 55% Elemental resistances
- High block chance on shield, increased defensive values by 60% on whatever shield I have (which also will help Tempest Shield be better)
- Large Increases in 1H Mace damage, while skipping Galvanic Hammer because of the 6 shitty nodes in front of it that don't work well with Resolute Technique (maybe I would get it super late game, I think I'm more likely to spend the nodes going for the 3 8% life nodes I missed that are out of the way and then veer towards more shield bonuses)

In terms of skills, I plan on definitely using:
- Lightning Strike (duh)
- either Heavy Strike/Glacial Hammer for single target DPS (anybody have feedback on this one? Don't know which is better with this build)
- Tempest Shield
- Clarity
- Wrath
- Eventually, Arc Totem (for shock)

I don't know if I'm going to have any other skills, though I'd consider Conductivity or something that reduces elemental resists in general, since my weapons will likely do more than just Lightning Damage. In terms of +support gems, I haven't completely figured it out, since I don't have a lot of them (or even slots) on my weapons. The only one I know for sure that I'll use are +elemental weapon damage/+physical damage on Lightning Strike and Reduced Mana Cost on the auras, since 3 is kind of a lot (even with Clarity).

Overall, I'm looking for feedback from higher leveled Templars who have tried similar builds. How successful were you in Merciless, and are there any abilities/points I can free up that I'm overrating?
Last edited by Semantic on Feb 11, 2013, 3:38:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info