[2.0] CI/ZO/IR Mjolner (res 94/88/95 before Safells)12K ES 1.4k es/sec UBER Vaal/trio facetank

i have been experimenting with a new CWDT setup and would like to hear some opinions.

basically i decided to run a few CWDT setups.

1 low lvl for Warlords mark
1 high lvl for IC
and 1 high lvl for molten shell (i have to get 4 Red on es gear to merge it to one, but nevermind)

so i decided to include FLAME DASH in the molten setup and ran some maps. few observations here:

1. it messes with your positioning
2. if you are fighting single target that runs away it is a great gap closer when you reciev damage
3. in BIG mob groups constanly dashing makes my overall damage recieve in fight MUCH lower since i am never in one place to be focused enough
4. it probably lowers real world DPS since you dont constanly hit something but with Mjolner discharge it really is not that big of a deal since by the time you dash stuff is already dead.

so basically it is like having a random flicker strike.

really curious what others think. i think in some situations it has potential, especially if you are a facetanker build like me. now i do not suggest you run Ubers with it, but it is a QOL thing and like i said my ES never dips as low as before in bigh group fights because it automatically repositions me.

let me know what you think

Edit: i have been experimenting with phase run as well, but it works different and is good for run speed boosts, but i am not sure what to make of it yet.
Last edited by ballsonfire on Jul 15, 2015, 1:12:55 PM
hey, looks like have somewhat similar builds, however I went full life regen (just over 3k) and 15.2k ES

Have you tried using the +2 mana gained on hit rare jewels? they are way better than mana leech gem and open up a gem slot for more damage.

anyways great build! keep improving as you go!
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
"
DreamScythe wrote:
hey, looks like have somewhat similar builds, however I went full life regen (just over 3k) and 15.2k ES

Have you tried using the +2 mana gained on hit rare jewels? they are way better than mana leech gem and open up a gem slot for more damage.

anyways great build! keep improving as you go!

Really great advice there mate! i checked out your build and it is awesome, much more commited to regen though then i am, which i never had the balls to do!

i am somewhat hitting a wall in maps with curse resist so i have to swap my shav ring for anything else really (ventors gamble is a great choice for mapping) to get sufficient mana, but that is the only time i have an issue right now. oh, and i avoid diving in huge groups of mobs in reflect maps too. might use that anti reflect ring instead of shavs there but that is not that bad.

i have changed my build some.

i unspecced US and run crit now. but i only took 6 spellcrit nodes, and i swapped my gloves for Acuity.
now build is totally different. i kept ZO since i can still regen with those gloves, and i lost some es, 1 k roughly from 14.5. now i need more regen nodes as i lvl up since dmag wise i am where i want to be.
main change is the crit, and i ran atziri before the change and i just could not keep up flask charges, now it is 100% flask uptime thatnx for that extra crit, and that is huge.
now facetanking sacrifice is eazy. for uber i need a few items to meet the resists and dex requirement, but otherwise i am in a good place now!

my discharge crit chance is 30% now, which is the sweet spot imho. now just need to work out the rest till i update.
This build seems so nice, i'll try to do a build like yours, with max ES and critk chance possible.
Just crafted this jew and seems nice for this build
Got a question, do you know if this recharge rate apply to this 4% recharged shavs ring? i mean 7% increased to this 4%, i think if i got 100ES it recharges 4+(4*0.07)?
I didnt test it, just theorycrafting, made a tree with spell critk and ES based, can you take a look?
Spoiler
Keystone
Maximum Life becomes 1, Immune to Chaos Damage
Life Leech applies to Energy Shield instead of Life
Life Regeneration applies to Energy Shield instead of Life
BaseStat
+50 to Dexterity
+300 to Intelligence
+180 to Strength
+20 to Strength and Intelligence
Defense
224% increased maximum Energy Shield
35% increased maximum Life
+54 to maximum Energy Shield
30% increased Energy Shield Recharge rate
42% increased Evasion Rating
+8% to all Elemental Resistances
3% increased Movement Speed
15% more maximum Energy Shield
45% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
2.8% of Life Regenerated per Second
20% increased Armour
+40 to maximum Mana
Charges
54% increased Power Charge Duration
+2 Maximum Power Charge
+1 Maximum Endurance Charge
18% increased Endurance Charge Duration
Weapon
40% increased Accuracy Rating
9% increased Attack Speed
26% increased Melee Damage
Spell
16% increased Elemental Damage with Spells
4% increased Cast Speed
100% increased Spell Damage
5% increased Attack and Cast Speed
Crit
265% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
70% increased Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells
Others
+3 Jewel Socket

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABUIHHgthDXwN0Q5IES8RUBVQFdcYXRkuGmwbJRzcHRQgbiL0J-0o-isKLJwspiy_MtE0CjW5N2Y8LTzvQZZEq0VHRwZJUUmxS65Ms1AwVa5VtVZjVw1XyV3yXz9famNDZJ1o8mwLbRl_xoIQg1-Gro5kjxqPRo-mj_qQ1pHOkyeVLpZsmZqdrp7NoS-nCKcrrfGus69stAy297b6uJO5k76KwGbBBMHFwwnE9sauytPQ0ND10iHXz9lb2WHfit-w6QLquutj6-7r9ewY74jw1fId8uH3pvfB-Tc=
Last edited by Charly6596 on Jul 28, 2015, 3:27:59 PM
"
Charly6596 wrote:
This build seems so nice, i'll try to do a build like yours, with max ES and critk chance possible.
Just crafted this jew and seems nice for this build
Got a question, do you know if this recharge rate apply to this 4% recharged shavs ring? i mean 7% increased to this 4%, i think if i got 100ES it recharges 4+(4*0.07)?
I didnt test it, just theorycrafting, made a tree with spell critk and ES based, can you take a look?
Spoiler
Keystone
Maximum Life becomes 1, Immune to Chaos Damage
Life Leech applies to Energy Shield instead of Life
Life Regeneration applies to Energy Shield instead of Life
BaseStat
+50 to Dexterity
+300 to Intelligence
+180 to Strength
+20 to Strength and Intelligence
Defense
224% increased maximum Energy Shield
35% increased maximum Life
+54 to maximum Energy Shield
30% increased Energy Shield Recharge rate
42% increased Evasion Rating
+8% to all Elemental Resistances
3% increased Movement Speed
15% more maximum Energy Shield
45% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
2.8% of Life Regenerated per Second
20% increased Armour
+40 to maximum Mana
Charges
54% increased Power Charge Duration
+2 Maximum Power Charge
+1 Maximum Endurance Charge
18% increased Endurance Charge Duration
Weapon
40% increased Accuracy Rating
9% increased Attack Speed
26% increased Melee Damage
Spell
16% increased Elemental Damage with Spells
4% increased Cast Speed
100% increased Spell Damage
5% increased Attack and Cast Speed
Crit
265% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
70% increased Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells
Others
+3 Jewel Socket

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABUIHHgthDXwN0Q5IES8RUBVQFdcYXRkuGmwbJRzcHRQgbiL0J-0o-isKLJwspiy_MtE0CjW5N2Y8LTzvQZZEq0VHRwZJUUmxS65Ms1AwVa5VtVZjVw1XyV3yXz9famNDZJ1o8mwLbRl_xoIQg1-Gro5kjxqPRo-mj_qQ1pHOkyeVLpZsmZqdrp7NoS-nCKcrrfGus69stAy297b6uJO5k76KwGbBBMHFwwnE9sauytPQ0ND10iHXz9lb2WHfit-w6QLquutj6-7r9ewY74jw1fId8uH3pvfB-Tc=

hi! i took a look at your tree, seems great for crit build! imho this build is not about damage as much as it is about getting very high es and high regen/leech as a result to a point where you can tank most things and not break a sweat. i am still playing around with build paths and debating wether sacrificing some ES for dps is worth it, or wether i should remain commited to my initial strategy.

i took a look at your tree, save for minor tweaks
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBUIHHgthDXwN0Q5IES8RUBGWFVAV1xhdGS4abBslHNwdFCBuIvQn7Sj6KwosnCymLL8y0TQKNbk3ZjwtPO9BlkSrRUdJUUmxS65Ms1AwVa5VtVZjVw1XyV3yXz9famNDZJ1o8mwLbRl_xoIQg1-Gro5kjxqPRo-mj_qQ1pHOkyeVLpZsmZqdrp7NoS-nCKcrrfGus69stAy297b6uJO5k76KwGbBBMMJxPbGrsrT0NDQ9dIh18_ZW9lh34rfsOkC6rrrY-vu6_XsGO-I8NXyHfem98H5Nw==
it is very close to what i run now.

i see you gave up some ES in favour of crit, also you did not take US, any reason you want to keep evasion?
other then that i think you will need that +30 str node, it is hard to cap str at 412 even with the new int to str jewels (i run 2 of those on both sides of the center ES cluster).

i have respecced a bit and now my build is fully capped res so i can drop purity finally.
i will update first page a bit prior to a more signifficant edit.

p.s: not sure about the jewel you are refering to, i will check if i have one with that very stat and will report back if that is the case.
Thanks! I didn't take US cause i needed these points for other things and made it so fast, maybe this tree is too weak, i'm near to lvl 75 with a witch, so i'll be able to test soon:D
I can lend you this jew to test, i'm in standard, if you tell me your IGN i can give you it for test it :D
I'll try to follow a bit your build, based more in tanky than dmg, seems a bit hmm, i don't know that, word, sorry, bad english:D i just like it, I'm playing since 2 month ago or like that, and this thing made me make a new char to test a char with high ES and ES regen, have to do more theorycrafting and try to get critk, str and ES at the same time. Thanks for posting your build here! :D
Pretty sure I fought you in pvp last week, I was the legacy aegis guy. Could not even dent your es-shield with 50k dps...not that you could do much against my aegis either ;)

Sick build and a refreshing take on the old mjolner setup!...and that es re-charge rate is just ridiculous!! :D
Hey i noticed a mistake in your 2 version tree (maybe in 1st, didnt check and cant, cause im in phone) You take x2 nodes +10 dex to reach increased evasion and ES.. but what if you spend these 4 points in complete the wheel ES near scion? 6% increased and save 2 points (is more ES and 2 points to espend in other thing) and why you take RT if you make it with some critk chance?
"
Charly6596 wrote:
Hey i noticed a mistake in your 2 version tree (maybe in 1st, didnt check and cant, cause im in phone) You take x2 nodes +10 dex to reach increased evasion and ES.. but what if you spend these 4 points in complete the wheel ES near scion? 6% increased and save 2 points (is more ES and 2 points to espend in other thing) and why you take RT if you make it with some critk chance?

i barely meet dex, str, resistance requirements with my build so every node counts. i went the bottom ES/EV wheel for extra resistance, but i guess i could swap it for 2 es nodes in sion wheel, and 2 nodes in resistance in marauder tree and 1 node in dex+30 or something like that.

the main reason i stuck with that wheel is probably because when i was playing around with build paths i wanted to remain close to vaal pact in case i ever decide it is the better option, but that is not the case.

the only good thing about that 1 ES node is 10% increased rech rate which is very minor i guess.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAW8HHgthDXwN0Q5IES8RUBGWFVAV1xhdGS4aPhpsGyUc3CL0J6kn7Sj6Kwospiy_MtE0CjW5NsU3ZjeDPC0870VHSVFJsUuuVbVWY1cNV8lca13yXz9famNDZJ1oZWjybAttGXBScNV-WX_GghCDX4RIhq6J04t6jxqP-pDWkc6TJ5UulmyZmp2uns2fy6EvpuunCKcrpzCt8a9stAy1SLb3uJO-isBmwQTDbcT2xq7K09DQ0iHXz9gk2VvZYd-K37Di9-kC6rrrY-vu6_XsGO-I8NXyHfIv85v3wfk3?accountName=ballsonfire&characterName=farmfarmwitch

also i might have mixed up RT and US in my explanation at some point. i dont take RT and take US
Last edited by ballsonfire on Jul 29, 2015, 7:00:24 AM
What about clear speed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info