so regardless of skills that i use is this anything near decent

so after looking at the tree a bit i came up with this

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbFE0WQBb5KQcpLilPM0A8LUNjQ3lFjkbXSi5M_03YUFBUSVj1XcZfP2MLZp5nm3FNd-OBb4TEhX2IOIrki4yMdozPkweXAZrPm-ydip3EnjyiAKelrj6vbK9ztQS3MbdyuUO53b05wBrEFcT2xYrJZ9SP1Yvhc-Qi51LtIO1E7w7wH_Iv9kg=

regardless of skills that i would use (most likely a combo of leap and sweep) is this anything decent for later in the game?
Last edited by agbudar on Feb 11, 2013, 12:47:30 PM
The only thing somewhat decent about your build is that you kinda took both Templar and Marauder's starting areas and that's never a bad idea (however, you should've gone all the way to Marauder's area grabbing the 8%+13% life).

Everything else is pretty much a wasted point, save perhaps the Body & Soul clusters (if you're gonna be using AR/ES).

As a heads up, Staves are among the worst weapons in the game because of their low minimum damage, slow speed and big mod pool (harder to get a physical staff than just use another weapon without the caster mod pool).

If you want to try again:

A) Know what gems you'll be using and what color they are.
B) Know what kind of armor would be best to socket your gems in.
C) Know what stat requirements your gems will have.

With all of that info, take a look at the tree and see what's in a good spot to be near stat nodes you need plus being able to reach the armor/es/eva nodes you need plus being able to reach life or ES nodes.

If you get past all that, focus on survivability nodes instead of damage increasing ones when placing points.

Hope it helps.
Last edited by dndallasta on Feb 11, 2013, 1:14:03 PM
so what 2 handed weapon would you recommend axes, swords, hammers?

"edit"
you mean to say getting things like diamond skin isn't worth it?

Last edited by agbudar on Feb 11, 2013, 2:39:34 PM
No. I was considering Diamond Skin as part of the Marauder start.

+Resists, +life and +AR/ES/EV nodes are fine. Those are the ones that you mostly want to focus on.

As for weapons, depends on the skill. You can't use all skills with all weapons so there's that to consider. Look at the stat range on the site/wiki as well, if you want.
Last edited by dndallasta on Feb 11, 2013, 4:35:38 PM
so ye i know the staff is not as powerfull as lets say a maul wich has superior damage (im leveling sweep as we speak) but i like how staff have block included in their setup so yes your damage is a less i dont know by how much at late lvl's but you get extra block wich will add more survival right? or is block bugged/broken concept at this point?

if so i might just start over and go for a sword/shield setup instead

at this point i don't have leap yet (will try and get it as soon as possible) and my tactic's revolve around having lightning strike as a LB mouse and sweep on right with firestorm and frost nova with sparks and whatever i find usefull

i really am not such high lvl yet that i could not start over but i liked the idea of having a 2 handed weapon combined with block
Last edited by agbudar on Feb 11, 2013, 4:47:09 PM
it's entirely up to you man! if you like staves because of the chance to block (or happen to have a nice one), go for it. just realize that using a staff does have inherent disadvantages as well, as listed by dndallasta.
In my opinion, going physical staff is a waste. The passives just aren't strong enough for the investment they require. Also, you're never going to hit anything as you don't have resolute technique or accuracy nodes.

If you asked me, it would be more worth it to go an elemental staff build as staves do roll caster and physical stats which can work into some pretty amazing weapons. The other strength the staff has that I never see anyone mention is it's higher innate crit rating. And with the good amount of crit passives in the templar area, it could work into a elemental status effect build.

td;lr: get some accuracy
yes i was thinking going resolute strike at some point ive been fidling with this build a lot and i know of the inherent disadvantages of the staff i didn't pick it because of that ^_^

thanks for all the feedback guys apreciate it

il take a look at what you said tangier seems like a legit think
Last edited by agbudar on Feb 11, 2013, 10:26:26 PM
Last edited by agbudar on Feb 13, 2013, 3:06:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info