Massive Framerate Drops

Hi, PoE community!

I have recently installed PoE on my laptop but I am experiencing a strange stuttering when moving around and entering a new zone. It is especially bad when I enter a new zone or when I open a strongbox - the first 15-20 seconds of entering a zone consist of constant freezes. What makes it peculiar is that the framerate will stay at 50-60 in less busy areas and 30-40 in towns most of the time and will only drop to 0-5 fps for small periods of time. Sometimes those periods will be hardly noticable and sometimes they can last up to 2 seconds, in which case I just pray to God I was not killed.

My specs are:
Lenovo B510
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Intell HD Graphics 4600 AND AMD Radeon R7 M265 (Switchable Graphics)
8GB of RAM
Running on Win7 64bit

I have set PoE.exe to High Performance in Configure Switchable Graphics

After testing the game with AMD System Monitor, I have noticed that the game uses less than half of the Memory Speed of the graphics card at all times.

Last bumped on Feb 25, 2017, 6:44:34 PM
Any help?!
Got exactly same problem here.

Before patch I was playing on High setting with no problems. The only problem was Discharge or ultra rainbow disco CoC builds..

Now I'm getting 2-3 seconds long FPS drop after every single strongbox and after enring new zone..

Already died few times because of that. I'm stopping with PoE till GGG fix this..
I got the same problems since a few days...

never had any problems at all, but since the last couple of dayys it getting worse.

Other games like smite and wow are performing perfect with the highest resolutions but poe seems to have some big issuses.

i play at the Amsterdam EU gateway btw.
me too. My thread is here
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1323017

Last days my FPS has become very very bad compared to before
I've just installed the game on my 8-9 year old PC and it plays better there :D At least I can get a stable 20-30 fps there. I wonder if it's an AMD problem, since the old PC has an Nvidia gpu... Or it could only be laptops with switchable graphics? Could you guys post your specs too?

EDIT
Apparently people with much more powerful rigs and Nvidia gpus are reporting huge framerate drops. I wonder if the game is just not optimised to work with the new drivers yet.

I also forgot to mention that I am getting the worst performace in the new areas and that in general the performance gradually stabilizes the longer I stay in a certain zone.
Last edited by mmaniac on Jul 16, 2015, 5:40:43 AM
Me too friends. Before The Awakening i just had problems at one map(Dominus fight) Now i have like every 3-4 maps huge delays, less fps and more problems.
by turning shadows to low or off help me combat fps drop alot.
"What have you become when even nightmares fears you ?"
my entire game dropped again today from 70 fps to 22 fps constant. I'm really trying to figure out what's the problem.
I have the same problem, the game lags a lot with that video card, any solutions?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info