Ice Nova/ Cold AoE Templar Build

Hey guys,

Going over some possible builds and thought about this one that uses Ice Nova and other cold skills as main dps. Any help/ critiques?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SCf3zwF73xG113G3fNgbbaGfVM5ihBpMJeCmylP7Dg62E3YjHaePIFvGjinhJBVwBpZ86yqJ-0ZLtSPud3yL-8O51JUSV8_9kiMz1BQWGPG2Gae-tL3wTbpJKoZheNqHRSPRtDQm6Fnve5vz2VVxoFJsjhmT_fXrJhOuuTrnwE3geNWpwi4kwx9EH_GnhHbeM7TG9sCNsUfAp6hr5uVBFZKLJyuswVCQZaCEN-wVa5Eq4-mUlM9XwSz8B8CcRRNogA=
Did you choose Zealot's Oath on accident? Maybe I am misunderstanding, but I thought that was only useful if you pick Chaos Innoculation?

Also I just wanted to say, that after I made it to Cruel Act 2. The whole round up a group of mobs, curse them, and then Ice Nova them to death stopped working well. I mean it could've been because I had crap gear, but the chaos damage (especially with archers) really adds up, and it's hard to survive the initial attack wave until you are able to start chilling/freezing them.

I refocused my build and it now centers around Frostbite, Cold Snap, and Freezing Pulse.

Btw, I heard that the Bloodthirst crit chance circle of nodes at the top only applies to melee...that could or could not be true, I suggest checking.

Personally I am going over to Eldritch Battery (so I can run more auras: Clarity, Discipline, Purity, and Haste or Hatred) and Doom Cast for more spell crit chance.

Just some food for thought...

Here's my tree, I know I used up damn near every point, so I'll have to get rid of some stuff obviously. I just don't what I'll have to sacrifice.
Last edited by Odissius on Feb 11, 2013, 4:21:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info