New to the game

Hello everyone, I got an invite to this but have no had the time due to work to really play, well now that I am going to be having a lot of time off, I am incredibly excited to play a great deal of path of exile, from the little I have seen it looks like an outstanding game.

If I put this thread in the wrong section, please forgive me, and let me know, I'll try to get it moved or deleted.

That being said I'm semi new to playing games like this, and very excited to be part of the beta and from the looks of it, an outstanding community.

If I may ask though, does anyone have any suggestions you can give me to make my start in the game a little smoother, I have tried out a magic user, and while it was fun, I found the bow and arrow type to be a little more of my style. It's been a few years since I have been in a beta, and I tend to try to get really active with the community, even if I don't always have the most useful information to contribute.

Also, I was unsure of this, so I thought I would ask while I am at it, am I allowed to show screenshots of the game to my younger brother, hes 17 and really interested in the game as well, and I tend to take a lot of screen shots, but I would not want to do something against the rules of the closed beta. he would be viewing them on my PC and they would not be uploaded to any site public or private or transferred to another computer.

Like I said, I don't want to screw up my beta access, especially since I'm actually more excited for this than the new diablo. mostly due to the aesthetics of this game are a good deal less cartoony and a good deal more grim, it gives the game a very interesting feel.
That is totally ok dokbishop =)

If you look around , you will notice allot of us post Let´s plays and many other things about the game on YouTube , Forums etc

So share the Beta , np at all ^^

Hope your brother likes it !

Yours

Democatai

http://www.youtube.com/user/swedishtavern

Around 90h of PoE Content made and spread across Scandinavia. Now invading Europe & US
Enjoy
I think that the only requirement for posting vids is that you turn off global chat.
As far as I'm aware the NDA only really says that we cant post any mod ranges, damage scaling etc.

Basically don't post any number scaling or formulas and you will be fine.

"Look at it this way: The longer it takes before you get your key or the game goes to open beta, the better the game will be when you finally get to play!"

quote from Garr0t

Thanks everyone for the information. I'll definitly keep it in mind as I play through the game.

That being said, he signed up for the beta, so hopefully he eventually gets a key within the next few months and we can play it together.

I'm sure I have said this already but the game is very polished so far, will this game be going retail or what?
"
I'm sure I have said this already but the game is very polished so far, will this game be going retail or what?
The game will be entirely free. They plan on making money through a cash shop that sells things that don't affect gameplay (things like armor dyes, visual effects for spells, character renaming, etc.).
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
You know, I just got a key for my bro, and we are both super excited for some bro-op tonight playing path of the exile.

Also I wanted to say thanks again to everyone in the community that gave me a warm welcome, It's really refreshing to see a community that can be friendly and exchange information. especially after trying a few other online games... namely league of legends.

that was a nightmare of a community.
Welcome and enjoy your stay!
Level Designer/Dungeoneer

Always post a screenshot with /debug command entered into the chat window.

First stop for Common Technical Problems

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info