The Awakening is Live!

"
Waitubold wrote:
"
TimeDilation wrote:
I'm having tons of issues with updating via steam. Constantly getting timeout errors and the like. It's forced me to micromanage the update and its taking much, much longer.

That's weird -- I updated via Steam, too, but didn't have any problems.

Maybe my connection is being jittery. Despite living in a high-income area the utilities around here are frustratingly unreliable, so possibly the internet just keeps going out when I'm not looking.
though I'm really thrilled about the new content..when I logged in yesterday I wasn't really happy..

why? because my whole skills... the skills I chose really carefully since I play my charackter....are GONE!

WHY THE HELL did you have to reset the skill tree??? Why??? Even if there a new skills..some of us actually put a lot of effort in the skilling and now all that was for notthing and is gone and I have to start anew... I couldn't wait to start playing yesterday.. instead I now have to wait until I have a new skilling..so thanks for this.. NOT -.-
Ah, that Beta feeling when you lose your Passive Skill Tree.
Worry not though, never gonna happen after 1.0.
"
kaozuki wrote:
though I'm really thrilled about the new content..when I logged in yesterday I wasn't really happy..

why? because my whole skills... the skills I chose really carefully since I play my charackter....are GONE!

WHY THE HELL did you have to reset the skill tree??? Why??? Even if there a new skills..some of us actually put a lot of effort in the skilling and now all that was for notthing and is gone and I have to start anew... I couldn't wait to start playing yesterday.. instead I now have to wait until I have a new skilling..so thanks for this.. NOT -.-

Guy, you've had weeks to map out a new path for your skills via some versions of the new map that have been available during that time. With all due respect, if you left it until the launch to figure it out you have only yourself to blame.
"
timbo1959 wrote:
"
kaozuki wrote:

Guy, you've had weeks to map out a new path for your skills via some versions of the new map that have been available during that time. With all due respect, if you left it until the launch to figure it out you have only yourself to blame.

first dude I'm not a guy -.- second: might be not obvious for u but there are ppl who have a real life..have to manage stuff in personal life and took the time until the relase to do other things. not everyone hangs out in the game every second like u might do..
third: I don't play the game for that long so I wasn't expecting for the skill tree to be reseted.. I logged in after a long while and just saw it,without being prepared for it. maybe u should stop making comments on situations u don't understand!
Aaaaand....now I'm bored of Warbands. Made it all the way to level 9, tedium is too great. Maybe I'll try one of my standard characters, see if I just can't tolerate tedious low level grinds...
"
kaozuki wrote:
"
timbo1959 wrote:
"
kaozuki wrote:

first dude I'm not a guy -.- second: might be not obvious for u but there are ppl who have a real life..have to manage stuff in personal life and took the time until the relase to do other things. not everyone hangs out in the game every second like u might do..
third: I don't play the game for that long so I wasn't expecting for the skill tree to be reseted.. I logged in after a long while and just saw it,without being prepared for it. maybe u should stop making comments on situations u don't understand!

Oh irony, you delicious beast.

Your old tree literally doesn't exist anymore. The passive tree changed enough and because of this, rather than trying to guess at what you want or trying to approximate your old tree, GGG simply resets it and lets you reallocate every passive point you earned.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
kaozuki wrote:
"
timbo1959 wrote:
"
kaozuki wrote:

Sorry, but you're the one who came on here whining about something everyone else has been aware of for months. Further, I just came back from a 6 month break from the game myself and at least took the time to look around to pick up on the new changes, even though I didn't get a beta key, so I'd at least have some idea of what was going on, rather than just popping in at literally the last minute and crying 'woe is me' because things aren't as perfect as I'd like them. Additionally, if you played the game regularly you'd be aware that they reset the tree every time they have a major upgrade. So in a nutshell ms self-entitlement, don't go screaming at GGG because the planets don't fall perfectly into alignment for you at the drop of of a hat when and if you choose to come back and play the game. Lastly, as someone else has already pointed out, if you had kept a visual record of your previous skill tree it wouldn't be that hard to reconfigure it - the new skill tree doesn't deviate that markedly from the old one, and as already stated, if you'd done some home work, like most everyone else, you'd have been up and ready to run from the get go.

One final point. You are also not the only one in the world who can't devote their entire attention to playing this game. There are a great many people, like myself, who only have limited time to play this game due to other overriding commitments - that's why I only play standard, rather than the leagues or HC - not enough time to devote to serious play. Most took the time to do some homework beforehand regardless of the situation. If you weren't prepared to follow suit, then don't moan about it. No one's to blame but you.
Last edited by timbo1959 on Jul 11, 2015, 9:56:38 AM
Nice job!
^^^^
Love GGG! Cheers
IGN: DivineMatter

"Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info