Wild Strike!

Hope somebody can help me with Wild Strike.

Do I need to land a hit to trigger elements? It's hard to tell but I think I don't need to hit to trigger elements? I am asking because I am wondering if I need to invest in Accuracy.

I know Molten Strike still comes out if you miss.
"

Do I need to land a hit to trigger elements?

Yes.
"
Stt3r0 wrote:

My suspicion is that blast is aoe tagged, wave aoe+projectile, and the bolt is just projectile.
Or its arc and won't be tagged with projectile.

Far as I know, this behaves like arc, so doesn't scale on projectile. My testing supported that thesis, but of course, WS is hard to do testing on because you can't control what the next attack will be, so you get mixed results. :(

Wish we had a DPS log to make this easier.

Edit: depressingly confirmed: cold is projectile, fire is aoe, none is melee, and arc is not projectile (or aoe), else Mark would have mentioned it.
Last edited by SlippyCheeze on Apr 25, 2018, 12:30:30 PM
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"

Yes.

Really? But how come I feel like element comes out every time I hit? :(
"
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"

Yes.

Really? But how come I feel like element comes out every time I hit? :(

I didn't play WS in 3.1 or 3.2, so it is possible something has changed, but if not ... "just because".

Specifically, you need to land a hit because that is how GGG built the spell. Why they made that choice I do not know, but they did, and it was true last time I played.

You should be able to trivially verify this, though: stand in your hideout, hold "attack in place" button, and swing with WS. If elements come out, things have changed, and I am super-happy to be wrong. :)
Anyone know if Fortify gem improves Wild Strike damage? It says improve +25% melee physical damage.

I was using Element Damage with Attack gem which adds high +Elemental damage. It's very hard to tell without seeing the damage numbers!!! (curses)

I would prefer to use Fortify gem if it improves because I need some survival. Inquisitor gives pretty high +damage already. I am only level 40 something so it's not a big deal right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info