Oro's sacrifice build: please look at it and help!

"
Cidira wrote:
Well, you've got the right idea with avoiding sword/2h nodes, but seem to have missed one of the major reasons WHY, and thus you've taken a few nodes that won't do you very much good -- Oro's Sacrifice deals no physical damage. Says so right on the sword.

So those few 2h nodes you did take, in the cluster where Martial Experience is the notable? Yeah, not gonna do anything. Well, the notable itself has attack speed, accuracy, and stun duration, and those will work, but even if you really want the attack speed, accuracy, and stun duration, you shouldn't take three totally useless pure increased physical damage nodes to get there; at the very least, go around the other side of the cluster and take one useless phys node and one semi-useful phys/acc node to get there instead. (Of course, if you're taking Resolute Technique then the accuracy isn't useful either, and you'll be getting a nice attack speed boost from the 2-3 frenzy charges you will pretty much always have due to Oro's itself, so maybe you should just skip that cluster and take more life.)

Did you read the part about the jewel (Fireborn)?

Self-explanatory:

http://imgur.com/gOD2o0m

And I got 5 frenzy charges on the character that was my 1.3 Oro Flickerer (1 from Kraytin and 1 from corrupted ammy). With the combined chance to ignite from the tree and items, they were maxed at all times in 1.3.

"
Cidira wrote:
(Also, the lack of any physical damage to scale off of means that traditional damage-increasing auras and support gems for melee attacks, like Hatred and Herald of Fire, or Added Fire Damage and, of course, Melee Physical Damage, are useless for Oro's also. Sounds like you've picked that up since you mentioned using Anger and your other aura/buff choices are defensive. It also means that 2.0 in general was great for Oro's, because there used to be a lot of melee skills that, as the gems leveled, the way they got better was solely or mostly increased physical damage, and that was useless -- with Oro's, a level 20 gem was no better than a level 1 gem. Now, as they level they mostly do an increased percentage of base attack damage, and that means they WILL increase the amount of fire damage you're dealing with Oro's. Win! Flicker and Oro's still go together like peanut butter and jelly, though, because Oro's gives you constant frenzy charges to keep flickering with.)

I don't understand where this is coming from, nor where did I say I was gonna scale from physical based support gems and auras. Moreover Anger provides additional flat fire damage so the scaling is spot on. Links would probably be:

Flicker Strike+Multistrike+WED+Elemental Proliferation+Fire Penetration+Increased Burning Damage

Reason I'm going for ignited enemies is because I will then deal 35% increased damage to them because of Celestial Punishment and Gang's Momentum.

"
Cidira wrote:
Also not sure why you've got Mind Over Matter unless you're planning to get a heap of mana from somewhere other than the tree; otherwise it probably won't help you that much defensively and might give you mana management problems. It's only one node, though, so if it doesn't work out you can regret out of it easily enough.

Definitely agree, since 200-250 mana to mitigate 30% of damage (75% reserved mana) doesn't make a big difference. I am gonna look into it. If I manage to get ~500 unreserved mana, then it is a go.

"
Cidira wrote:
158% increased life is a little low, especially for level 94 (which is what that tree you linked is for). You might be able to swing it if you make sure to take as much of that life as possible early, and if you make your other defenses solid. Pick up plenty of life on gear, of course. Use a high-armor chest (and Determination is nice too, yes). And definitely use Vengeance -- I suggest linking it with Weapon Elemental Damage, Endurance Charge on Melee Stun, and either Life Leech or Life Gain on Hit. Chaos golem could be helpful too. Really, though, I'd probably drop a couple of burning damage nodes and see if you can't grab some more life. Especially since I see you don't have a high-level templar yet, so you'll be allocating points as you level -- you'll be able to tell when you need more life and when you need more DPS as you progress, put the points where you need the upgrade at the time.

The life nodes go in first, of course. If I scrap the MoM idea, the removal of mana nodes will suffice for the lower passive point number to be used (lvl 83). If I make MoM work, then some damage nodes will be assigned later.

Thanks for the feedback. No discussion means wrecked characters. And I don't like wrecked characters.
"
Did you read the part about the jewel (Fireborn)?

Self-explanatory:

http://imgur.com/gOD2o0m

I saw the mention of a jewel, but it wasn't clear what jewel it was since there was no name or link given before. Now that I know, and since I see that there is a jewel slot taken right next to that cluster, it makes sense; good plan. I'll have to remember that when I respec mine and see if I can get my hands on that jewel.

And yeah, I didn't meant to discourage you from going for ignite chance; that's exactly what I did too. I just skipped the nodes that only gave increased burning damage, and not ignite chance or fire damage along with it. But I used Melee Splash and didn't use Elemental Proliferation, and the links you just gave are the opposite, so in that case it makes sense to take the burning damage because you're getting your AoE from the proliferation of that burning damage.

Also I seem to have managed to cross up who was who of you and the original poster and I see you DO have leveled templars, but either way, yeah, sounds like you know what the places where you might want to fiddle with the tree are. (And along with the 3 extra passive points we get from act 4 there are 6 more respec points to go with them, which is nice for saving a few regrets.) Hope it goes well!
OPA Guild Officer: to join see http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119502
Uhmm check out the ele prolif range, and the 30% less damage it gives to your skill before using it in you main 6L. I remade my 1.3 prolif oro build post 2.0 and it was pretty goddamn pathetic, you are better off using HoA and area damage/AoE nodes. Melee splash + ignite chance is kind of better tbh. (same range, more chance of gaining a frenzy vs packs, more damage) but it makes reflect maps harder.

Oro flicker is not really a mana intensive skill in itself, but be ready to use 70-100 mana/sec with a 6L holding down RMB, clarity is practically a must unless you have some othere idea for that.

With the unique jewel you mentioned there is one big problem.
Namely, rare jewels can have fire/melee/area/DoT stats, which means you are gaining about 30% dps compared to a gem that has 2 of those stats, so effectively you get 20% damage out of 4 extra nodes. You are better off taking the scion jewel slot and the 0.8% regen before it and have more dps and survivability.
The only place where I'd use that gem is the left side between the staff and axe nodes above RT.

I'd like to point you to my build "Generic Oro build #123" and check what I used, that build is tanky but has a low dps, but that is besides the point, maybe you can just copy something nice from it.
I am completely away from templar build now, recently on a "work in progess" ranger version.
thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1324413

it wont help you much though, but I personally like it much more.
Melee Splash is superior. Better DPS, therefore better clear speed.

MoM adventure has no point. Gave up on that, and got more life nodes instead.

Character clears 74-75 maps. Didn't test on higher level maps.

The passive tree and equipment is open for view in my profile page. Templar's name is Sarduk.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I hope you will use some of the info I've provided here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info