[Dual totem - Ball lightning] My build for new patch, could use some help from you pros!

Hi guys.
Im gonna come back to PoE now with the new patch!
So I have been thinking alot what build I should go for.

Now I have decided to go with something safe and something that I have enjoyed in the past. Dual totem.
Im gonna play HC. Dual totem ball lightning.
Im going templar so I can rush dual totem and lvl with flame totem up to 31.

This is the build I created:

Questions,
Does the crit apply for the totems?
So "assassination" for example, does that apply to the totem dmg output?
Do I have enough life?

This is how I would link:

6L - Spell totem, ball lightning, faster casting, lightning pen, slow proj(5L), crit hit dmg(6L)
4s, 3L+1 - immortal call, increased dur, CWDT + Enduring cry
4L - Assassians mark, temporal chain, curse on hit, lvl 1 arc/lvl 1 ball lightning
4L - Wrath, HoI, Dicipline, reduce mana/BM
3L - Lightning warp, decreased dur, faster fast
3L - Im thinking zombies, for some meat shield action

Does this look ok?

Any hints, tips or just out right "dude, no" is appriciated!
Last edited by SuperGreatness on Jul 9, 2015, 11:14:46 AM
Pretty similar to my templar - I've taken a bit more crit chance/multiplier, a bit fewer spell/lightning damage nodes, also, I did not take a second curse. I managed to test this build in closed beta, and, while it's not quite a flame totem-level damage for the same number of links, it works and it's a lot of fun. Yes, crit applies to totems, no problems there.

I'm planning to switch to ball lightning pretty soon (level 63 in act 2 merciless in Tempest at the moment), but still haven't dropped the flame totem, it's just too OP :-)

Some things to think about:
1. Consider Added Lightning - at least level it and see what kind of damage it gives (hint - it's a lot). Maybe Added Chaos also, maybe not.
2. Zombies want some regen, it's bothersome to recast them, so perhaps a couple of nodes to get 1% regen if you can spare them.
3. Perhaps the most important one: take all the AOE nodes at Templar and Witch, they make the magic happen for Ball Lightning. They add AOE, but they also increase the DPS (the longer a monster stays in the ball's AOE, the longer it gets hit every 0.2 second).
Last edited by EpicFail42 on Jul 12, 2015, 5:33:19 PM
From what I understand, the Reduced Mana gem no longer works with the 'reserved mana' auras.
So, I planed the same build (4-5 différents points in three) and I'm playing it in Warbands (lvl 60). It works nicely atm.

I planed some different setup for my curses and utilities later. Add me IG to discuss if you want, IGN Nekikooll.

BTW, I'm pretty sure this build is end game capable, not the best, mb not ubber killer, but viable and funny :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info