What should I replace FS with in 2.0?

First things first, all my characters are self-found. I do not buy items.

Anyways, I've been running around with a Hyaon's Fury Flicker Striker, and it's been an absolute (rippy) blast. However, he kind of needs Blood Rage to keep those frenzy charges going. Once 2.0 launches, Blood Rage drops from 100% frenzy on kill to 25%. Since I don't have Blood Dance, I'm not sure how I'll keep those charges up. So, looking at replacing FS with something else. Any ideas for a good skill that works well with Hyaon's Fury? Or any ideas for sustaining FS that don't require new uniques?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Edit: Testing a low-level Lightning Strike and it seems to pack a wallop. May just go with that.
Last edited by GladiusDei on Jul 8, 2015, 7:31:51 PM
If you're dual-wielding, ele cleave can be a fun build with Hyaon's
Last edited by BadBuild on Jul 8, 2015, 9:35:24 PM
Oh man, that never occurred to me. I'll give that a shot once I find a decent off-hand. I'm guessing that it'd be best to have a buff-stick in the off-hand, since I'm specced out mostly for increased lightning damage, with little to none increased phys.
Not entirely sure since I've never played the build myself, but my friend had played dual Hyaon's with Wrath and HoT which will still work in 2.0 with the reduced mana changes
Another option could be to grab an Alphas Howl, some Reduced Mana on tree, and go Grace-Wrath-HoT with Dreamfeather (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dreamfeather) for your offhand which gives more defense from the EV and more damage from Dreamfeather

If you have the offline beta tree, then you can post http://poeurl.com/zr4dZAA in it to look at a tree I just drew together if you were to go with dreamfeather and alphas setup
Also, according to https://poe.mikelat.com/beta/#6KdXE7h/XlXyqJo, you will be able to run Grace-Wrath-HoT without any Enlighten with the tree i just linked as long as you use Bloodmagic in your setup which i would probably do Cleave-Weapon Ele Damage-Multistrike-Bloodmagic-Life leech-____________ where you could do like added lightning/lightning pen/faster attacks/inc AoE(I would recommend AoE)

Again, this is only if Dreamfeather works as I assume it does. You may have to research a little bit to see if it will increase ele damage as well as phys based off of evasion but if I read it correctly, it should work and the little bit of phys damage you get will give a tiny bit more leech from the passive on tree assuming you take it

Also, the tree is based off your current with the frenzy charges and bloodrage. Bloodrage is nerfed in 2.0 in that it only has 25% chance to give a frenzy charge on kill but you could still combine bloodrage and the unique blood dance boots (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Blood_Dance)
Last edited by BadBuild on Jul 8, 2015, 10:54:17 PM
Thanks for making up a new tree. I'm really liking the changes. As for the Dreamfeather question, the damage increase is global, so that would be a sick addition to my character. Unfortunately, I don't currently have an Alpha's (certainly wish I did) or Dreamfeather. I could spend six points to get 14% reduced mana res to replace the Alpha's, but I'm not quite sure if that's the best use of those points. I don't think I have any good non-leveling one-handers to replace Dreamfeather with, either. I could keep an eye out for a good rare, but, looking at the mods 1h swords can get, I'm not sure how useful that'd be. Playing self-found exclusively is a little painful, sometimes.
Ah didn't realize it was strictly self-found otherwise I would say Dreamfeather is ~1ex and Alpha is like 10-25c which isn't terrible
Not a problem. I still got some good food for thought from you. It is actually really tempting to pick up both items. I'd hate to ruin my streak of playing self-found, though.
Haha yeah i started out self found but once I started to learn the game, I quickly started trading just to make everything easier on myself. Grinding out what you need can be really amazing, but I felt limited in what I could do so I had stopped on my third toon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info