Beginner Help Requested

Hi I have only recently started playing PoE and I'm not certain if my build/gear is good/viable. If you guys point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Level: 48

Skill tree:

Gear:

Many Thanks
Ditch that helmet. It's hurting you more than it's helping. You can't even block to proc the reflect. Check the defense tab on your character screen and you will see your res is 0. The res on the rest of your gear is currently doing nothing.

On your character screen it will show two number for resistance. Something like 0 (50). The 0 on the left is the actual resistance used for damage calculation. Resistance is extremely important in POE. You have to set to 0. So you are taking WAY more damage than you should be. Your eventual goal should be to get your res capped at 75.

If you are self found and this is your first character, the rest is OK. Not great, but OK until you find something better.

Just some minor FYIs to help analyze future gear:

You have several regen and life gain on hit mods. Those are nice only at very low levels. At your level, something like 2 life regen per sec is pretty worthless.

The movement speed on the boots is nice. Always look for movement speed.

The DPS on that maul is kinda low for your level. But the +1 gem makes up for it. The flat physical damage is nice. But you don't have a "increased physical damage" mod.

You have several unused sockets. Put something in them. Even if you aren't using them it's still good to level gems for future use.
Thank you for the advice I will try to fix the areas you pointed out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info