Multi-task build endgame viable

Is it possible to put together a multi-skill build that is viable for endgame? I have been playing my first character which has been a look-what-I-found-that's-cool-I'll-use-it Templar. He has been really fun to play but at level 74, level 66 and 67 map boss' are his wall.

I would like to try putting together a couple of fighting-with-the-minion-builds, Minion+melee and Minion+magic. Has anyone tried something like this and ended up with a character that could progress at least somewhat into maps?

Side note:
Spoiler

Through some careful tweeks to the passive tree and smarter gear and gem arrangements I have been able to boost his main weapon DPS from mid 700's at level 60 to about 2600 at current level (74) and max out his elemental resists. Chaos is still kicking his butt. He still seems woefully under powered.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAA-4EswmWDc0QWBEtFCAU9ho-HM4c5x2-JIsk2Cj6KpgrUCycMfsy0TOHOQ46nTwFPC09D0PIRUdFnUz_TwRQR1NSWpFboF8_Z5to8moeajtqrHYRd-N8DnxLfIN99X_jgpuCx4VthjuHZYhAkDOWdJd5mjua4JtYn9-iAKaspwinVah9rj6vbK-btz64k8BmxPbGrs360_vVgdWm2L3ZC9rd5FHr7uyK7TzvDu988B_yL_no-oD-Cv5U
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
"
I would like to try putting together a couple of fighting-with-the-minion-builds, Minion+melee and Minion+magic. Has anyone tried something like this and ended up with a character that could progress at least somewhat into maps?

Yes, spells+minions is easy enough so I currently don't have any chars like that but you can check out chars 'Adramel' and 'Hekatus' in my list, one is a splitarrow/clones summoner and the other is a 2Hslam/dominate summoner. 2H one has the potential to end up stronger, but the one with a bow is more fun to play.

I went into more details here
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1300830/page/1#p10889258

No wonder devs are concerned about 1-skill building, a lot of threads like these lately.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 7, 2015, 7:55:26 AM

I was thinking about it myself so my 2c:

While such spec is probably viable it is also far cry from pure summoners. In past besides auras and curses there weren't much to support minions with. But now you also got offerings, desacrate , convocation, aura totem, EE and possibility to give passives to minions (or that jewel got pulled out?)
Finally summoners got now spell that is not spell - SRS business it is having such spell that scales on minion damage.

So most probable result is that you won't have much use from your minions against bosses and hard encounters or you won't have time to dps being forced to resummon.

"
you can check out chars 'Adramel' and 'Hekatus' in my list, one is a splitarrow/clones summoner and the other is a 2Hslam/dominate summoner. 2H one has the potential to end up stronger, but the one with a bow is more fun to play.

I went into more details here
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1300830/page/1#p10889258

Thanks, That was really helpful!
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info