I am exited for the release, but...

I still feel very exiting for friday. I can't wait to start the new league. I appreciate all the hard work done by GGG to make this all happen.

However....there is a part of this expansion wich I just can't push aside. And that is the general theme seems to be nerfs. Hard nerfs. Across the board. Across everything. In the beginning i figured we will see the positive side aswell, buffs to underused abilites surely? But now it is so close. I still feel nerfs are overwriting everything this expansion stands for.

I am not doomsaying, let me make that clear. I still think we will find new OP builds etc. I certainly don't think the game is unplayable. Just wondering if anyone else has that overwhelming feeling this expansion has the word NERF written all over it.
I want game to be hard,so im fine with this
"
Miská wrote:
Just wondering if anyone else has that overwhelming feeling this expansion has the word NERF written all over it.

Yes, but it is accompanied by the overwhelming feeling that the game has become way too easy over the past two years.

"
Zed_ wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
Just wondering if anyone else has that overwhelming feeling this expansion has the word NERF written all over it.

Yes, but it is accompanied by the overwhelming feeling that the game has become way too easy over the past two years.

I agree, but for who exactly. And what is easy? I run around in whatever i please within 2 weeks of a new league if i want to. I also think if you got GG gear the game should be easier.

I think the only thing i dislike that some build have been victimized because of the nerf theme. Builds that just won't be playable anymore in leagues for 99% of the people. Wich I think is abit lazy from GGG.
the game has become too easy and the original game design was (and still is I assume) to have a challenging game

the game is designed around temporary leagues, people are starting fresh so breaking some Std builds does not matter that much. Permanent leagues exist since open beta and, you know, you cant add content and upgrade the game without making substantial changes. And you cant make changes without affecting existing characters

PS: Still sad my 3xEC ignite discharger does not work any more :/

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Miská wrote:
"
Zed_ wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

I agree, but for who exactly. And what is easy? I run around in whatever i please within 2 weeks of a new league if i want to. I also think if you got GG gear the game should be easier.

I think the only thing i dislike that some build have been victimized because of the nerf theme. Builds that just won't be playable anymore in leagues for 99% of the people. Wich I think is abit lazy from GGG.

GGG logic of "balance" in this game = balancing it towards top players and certain builds. In other words if people who spent 200 exalts on their gear can survive it, then we should make it so it's difficult enough to pose a challenge for them. As for the newer players running in <5ex gear, ahaha who cares, have fun ripping? If you thought you only find a few viable builds pre-2.0 (how many cycloners, SRS, explosive arrow or ground slam builds do you see per day in daily runs? At least double digits. Entire game is like 5000 clones of each other running around) lol just wait til post-2.0. Say goodbye to 50% of the caster population.
As a new player, only a few days in, mob to mob the game is as easy as any game similar(d3). When it comes to boss fights, like Dominus or the Act 2 fight...those can be very tricky. And if youre not on your game, and pull an enormous pack, you get dominated. Just my experience.

The difficulty is probably right where it should be but if people who have been playing for a few years say it needs to be tweaked and made a bit harder, thats fine with me.

I dont mind working for my supper.
I thought there were a lot of buffs? wont we have far more "more" multipliers available now?
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 8, 2015, 10:19:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info