Still can't understand leech fml

If there is a cap per second (known as rate) and let's say it is 20% of your max life ... that is 200 with 1k hp ... and i do enough damage with one hit to leech that 200 per second, what use is 'X% extra life leeched per second' mod of to me?
Live or 2.0?

"
Zed_ wrote:
Live or 2.0?

the awakening, there are 2 mods 'increase life leech rate' and 'increase life per second'.
Base leech rate is 2% of your max life per hit, '50% extra life leeched per second' will make that 3% per hit so you will need to have 7 simultaneous leech effects instead of 10 to reach the cap. If you can maintain leech cap getting extra leech per second will do nothing, it just gets you there faster.

'50% extra life leeched per second' is a replacement for 'leech rate', because increasing leech rate also shortens leech duration so they needed a new mod.

The other leech mod is '% added to leech cap', which is self-explanatory.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Yes, here are two caps, and two stats that affect them. The "increased life leech rate" stat you mention was completely removed, and replaced by "increased life leeched per second"

There is a cap on how much you can leech from a single hit, at base value of 2% of your maximum life. The new stat "increased life leeched per second" acts as a multiplier on this cap, and also on the amount of life you leech.
With 1k hp, if you leech 40 life from a hit you get 40 life over 2 seconds. With 50% "increased life leeched per second" you will leech 60 life over 2 seconds. When you hit many times or hit many mobs, you generate small leech effects like this from all hits, which stack.

There is another cap on how much you can leech from all of your recent hits together. The base value is 20% of max life, which can be improved by the stat "% of maximum life per second to maximum life leech rate". So if you have the Vitality Void node for example, your new total cap is 25%. Any life you would be leeching above this cap is simply lost.

When you have Vaal Pact, neither of these stats do anything. Your damage multiplied by your leech% is simply turned into life on hit.

"
raics wrote:
Base leech rate is 2% of your max life per hit, '50% extra life leeched per second' will make that 3% per hit so you will need to have 7 simultaneous leech effects instead of 10 to reach the cap. If you can maintain leech cap getting extra leech per second will do nothing, it just gets you there faster.

'50% extra life leeched per second' is a replacement for 'leech rate', because increasing leech rate also shortens leech duration so they needed a new mod.

The other leech mod is '% added to leech cap', which is self-explanatory.

Is it 2% of your life PER HIT or PER SECOND? Pretty sure it is per second. If not high attack speed characters will have double advantage now.
So really nothing has changed, with endgame damage you will be still leeching 20-30% of your hp per second in one hit sometimes. It's just the mechanics of stacking so that you have more leech over time in fights, in stead of the game choosing the highest number and just keeping that.
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jul 7, 2015, 6:55:40 AM
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Is it 2% of your life PER HIT or PER SECOND? Pretty sure it is per second. If not high attack speed characters will have double advantage now.

Yes they will, as it stands now.

"
Deadpeng wrote:

Both, 2% of your life per hit per second :)

Attack damage - attack speed tradeoff doesn't really affect your ability to hit the leech cap, it's just the matter of how fast you will reach it.

AoE leech should feel about the same, but single target leech will have a buildup time, similar to incinerate and will depend a lot on your ability to keep attacking, so I imagine tanky builds will be the ones with real advantage here.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 7, 2015, 7:38:11 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:

Both, 2% of your life per hit per second :)

Attack damage - attack speed tradeoff doesn't really affect your ability to hit the leech cap, it's just the matter of how fast you will reach it.

AoE leech should feel about the same, but single target leech will have a buildup time, similar to incinerate and will depend a lot on your ability to keep attacking, so I imagine tanky builds will be the ones with real advantage here.

You sound confused to me. 2% per second means the highest amount you can leech per second does not exceed 2% of your total life.

2% per attack means that if you deal a single hit with damage so high the damage leeched from that hit cannot exceed 2% of total life.

Of course the two are not equivalent. For if I hit 10 times per second, 2% per attack means 20% per second. Correct me if I understood this part wrongly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info