Melee skills

Hi there!

I am doing a Melee character that is using static strike but the time for the explosion to happen is too damm high and i really dont like it so what other melee skils can i use that are good for great AOE damage and clearing speed?

Thanks
I think Reave is supposed to be pretty good, or Molten Strike if you can deal with the inconsistent AoE. Or if you can wait a few days you can try Ice Crash.

Failing that, Melee Splash on your choice of single target skill.
Reave, Cyclone, Ground Slam and Ice Crash are (IMO) the only melee skills with enough AoE to be fun.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Yeah, forgot about Cyclone somehow. Ground Slam could work too, though its super boring IMO. Didn't seem like anyone talks about it atm, so I wasn't sure if it was good or not.
Meh Ground Slam has that very small minimum range where in once the mob's in your face you have to switch to a different AoE. Reave is quite fun though as the longer you keep it up it gets waaaay bigger.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
I can vouch for Cyclone's effectiveness. If you can get that mana cost under control it just destroys content. You get super fast clear speeds as a bonus since you get to attack while moving, too.

Only problem is they tend to be a bit squishy, due to the high opportunity cost of maintaining that cost (either through losing sockets to reduced mana, blood magic, sub-par damage with Soul Taker, or throwing tons of passives at reduced mana and mana nodes).
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Sweep is also improved a lot in the patch, if you're using a 2hander.

I dislike reave due to the fact that you loose all your stacks once you use a movement skill.

On the other hand I think that Molten Strike's AoE is perfectly fine once you obtain a certain attack speed. I like the fact that it hits really hard on single target and you basically get the AoE for free. My most favourite melee attack atm.

Playing Groundslam with a 1h opens up alot of possibilities. Since it only hits with main hand you can play around with your offhand. Use Soultaker to get rid of your mana problems, Prismatic Eclipse for insane attack speed, Ungil's Gauche for easy +20% block, or use a dagger to increase your crit chance. High APS 1h Groundslam is alot of fun if you ask me.

Also have a look at the builds that are enabled with Hegemony's Era. Take sweep and you have decent damage with free power and endurance charges.

TL;DR I think most melee skills are in a rather good place right now and (even though I havn't read alot into beta stuff) I think the new content will add alot utility. Just stay away from melee skills that require melee splash. Damage penalty is just way too high and you even waste a socket for it.
"
kahzin wrote:
Also have a look at the builds that are enabled with Hegemony's Era. Take sweep and you have decent damage with free power and endurance charges.

You also aren't losing DPS anymore with sweep, it uses weapon base speed in beta.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 7, 2015, 10:14:29 AM
"
You also aren't losing DPS anymore with sweep, it uses weapon base speed in beta.

Me so sad :( No more cheap weapons for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info