Passive Tree planning tool

I know there are third party websites that help us plan our Passive Tree paths and nodes, but could you folks consider adding one into the game?

A tool to highlight and save future desired node/paths right in the passive tree. Much like the way your actual selections light up the tree, just use a different color to store the "desired" selections.

Each time the tree has been reworked and we got a free complete passive reset, I have spent hours researching and planning my selections (which is great fun) and the third party tools were a great help. They even calculate attributes, dps, etc. so you can compare builds easily before selecting. So they are a valid support tool. However, after I've reselected the 90 points I have already earned, I have to earn more levels to select the final several points. So currently, I save my preferred build with the third party or on my computer and wait to level up. Then at each level, I'm flipping back and forth between a planned build and my actual passive tree. I'd really like to just use the third party just to work out my initial plan and store my intended selections right in this game via the real passive tree.

Thanks for a terrific game and thanks for your consideration.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This is requested so often and i'm honestly not quite sure why.

If you are planning a character, its best IMO to have access to the wiki, whatever build planner you are using (for trees) and typically some mesh of spreadsheet or planning material. For example I have an spreadsheet that list out all the potential items, what links I want, what gems I want, what jewels (new in awakening), ect I want for the build.

Basically I do all of my planning out of game because the access to tools outside of game will always be better then whatever GGG decides to do, simply put because I can have spreadsheets for everything.

If you KNOW what you are doing with allocating points on the tree you can control + click the node and there will be no need to hit apply it takes it applies it automatically with the selection.

I think an easier solution to your problem, at least from a developer standpoint would be allow importing a tree from the official website and allocating points that way.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info