Glad that the age of aura is finally over

lol
"
solidghost wrote:
I don't understand why there are players who are happy with the aura "nerf". Basically it means that there will be less build variety.

ya exactly, its just less options with which to distinguish between 1 character and another. Having a situation where 50% of builds wouldnt use auras at all would be so awful for the game and variety of 'things' on your character that make it what it is.

Aura stacking is a problem, back when everyone ran basically every single aura that was a problem because theres no variety there, thats the same problem as people runing no auras, the same complete lack of something interesting and a choice. A choice of nothing is not a good choice, a positive choice is between a large group of things that have strong effects and you can just choose a few of them. Theres a healthy spot for auras which involves everyone having a couple out of a big set of options, thankfully were still sort of in that zone, were on the edge of it though, seems like a lot of people wont be happy until we go out the other side and end up in a situation just as bad for diversity as when everyone ran everything. Why? I dunno, I cant even fathom it, for some sort of principal stance that is too short sighted to see the actual effect it will have is all I can get from the idea tbh, I dont see any good in it.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
why? why does it need to change? Honestly I dont see theres a problem at all and those suggested changes sound horrible.

Yes, it does, but if you want meaningful changes you need to go to the root of the problem. Unfortunately, as I wrote in beta forum last night, the state where everything is perfectly balanced is undesirable, meta shifting keeps the game fresh longer. You can easily observe that the usual form of balancing we see is of band-aid type, like introducing a fortify buff instead of looking into true reasons why is melee less popular. That's the right approach if you don't actually want to fix the problem.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
A choice of nothing is not a good choice, a positive choice is between a large group of things that have strong effects and you can just choose a few of them. Theres a healthy spot for auras which involves everyone having a couple out of a big set of options

Personally, I think we would be in a good spot if running no auras is also a choice that would offer significant advantages, instead of a self-induced handicap. Currently, every build is a paladin, so to speak.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 7, 2015, 3:37:53 AM
well that's because ggg still has not introduced mechanics to the game that would replace auras in some capacity , and i do mean replace. we need abilities that have % mana costs that provide temporary buffs (that last a decent amount of time).

the current warcries are too temporary, too cheap and too limited to be considered viable alternatives to auras .. since you can run both.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info