Glad that the age of aura is finally over

I have always supported GGG in trying to make every kind of build being equally played. Whether by making making some builds more expensive or simply bringing the build rock bottom. Aura has been something that GGG had a hard time trying to diversify. I am glad to see that with the new upcoming changes most players can squeeze in about just 2 auras per build. Coupled with skills with temporary mana reservations such as the new arctic armor I am glad there can finally be builds with possibly no auras at all.

I know many of you are sad, but the greater good lies in diversified yet fun game. Not just ownage of monsters.
Shouldn't this be in feedback? :)

Anyway, I like the intention behind it, even though the actual problem won't be resolved until you actually start to inconvenience yourself by running auras. Giving up the 'dead' part of your mana pool isn't really a sacrifice.

Non-SRS summoners actually got a substantial aura buff in Awakening as it became possible to use aura totems at the price of just one jewel socket. That's a free aura or two with AB and a summoner has enough time on his hands to recast them as often as needed.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Not really, almost the same, as before. Some builds loose, some stay the same and some even win. And in general all win, cuz dont use reduced mana = free socket(s). Yes, later with enlighten, but majority of the players would not use it. But the builds, which loose, will be the same again with this gem.

So auras r still in pretty much the same spot.
Last edited by 1337fun on Jul 6, 2015, 4:02:41 AM
Right, just number tweaking without altering the core mechanics won't cut it, the whole outlook on auras needs to change.

What could help is basing regen and leech on unreserved amount of life/mana and removing blood magic support. Once you start regenerating or leeching at a snail's pace you will think twice about how much of your mana should you reserve, right now it's 'as long as I have enough left for two skill uses it will be fine'.

That's when we will finally see people seriously planning their mana investment and Blood Magic keystone back to its former glory.

Last edited by raics on Jul 6, 2015, 4:10:12 AM
"
Deadpeng wrote:
I have always supported GGG in trying to make every kind of build being equally played. Whether by making making some builds more expensive or simply bringing the build rock bottom. Aura has been something that GGG had a hard time trying to diversify. I am glad to see that with the new upcoming changes most players can squeeze in about just 2 auras per build. Coupled with skills with temporary mana reservations such as the new arctic armor I am glad there can finally be builds with possibly no auras at all.

I know many of you are sad, but the greater good lies in diversified yet fun game. Not just ownage of monsters.

Afraid to dissapoint you but auras are as powerfull as ever
still lets you run 3 auras on your hp pool, even easier than before, atm most of auras are 60% reservation in 2.0 they are 35%, meaning you can run 3 of em on your hp with no speccing and this shield
Not much has changes, same reservations are possible just harder to get, so auras will be less present in temp leagues. Maybe that is their aim to "soften" material before ironing things out.

But then the new EB adds whole new reservation possibilities...

No easy solution, i guess they should start by producing some counterforce to auras. Like extra damage when not low mana or pay extra mana as %of your avaible pool for some "more" damage mod.
"
Deadpeng wrote:

Equaly played means raping in the ass half the build?
What this only does is increase the gap between cheap fun builds and clone 200 ex shavronne abuse life reserve builds.
Last edited by krenderke on Jul 6, 2015, 10:38:51 AM
"
raics wrote:
Non-SRS summoners actually got a substantial aura buff in Awakening as it became possible to use aura totems at the price of just one jewel socket. That's a free aura or two with AB and a summoner has enough time on his hands to recast them as often as needed.

Not sure there's enough time to do that against non-bosses with the constant casting of EE/offering/convocation/etc. required, but I'm definitely gonna try it out if I get such a jewel. Not to mention the strain on skill gem space.
I used Rejuvenation totem back in Nemesis, I mean this was possible before to some extent, but although the values on that totem got buffed, minion health is so much higher now that it would only make a difference for the players.

Less auras per player means a bigger advantage given to organized groups once again. Combined with the increased difficulty of mapping I'm not sure we don't end up being forced into large groups and I definitely don't want that.

"
Zed_ wrote:
Not sure there's enough time to do that against non-bosses with the constant casting of EE/offering/convocation/etc. required, but I'm definitely gonna try it out if I get such a jewel. Not to mention the strain on skill gem space.

Sure, give it a shot, I've got an aura totem summoner and it works nicely enough (the investment to pull it off on live is out there, though, you need almost every cost reduction node on the tree, a unique and quality RM to make them free to cast). It takes some getting used to, but there's plenty of time to also do EE and offerings or summon some skeletons/RS once you kick it into the gear.

I picked running Haste, Hatred and Purity permanently and summoning Wrath and Anger totems, it should be much better once Awakening goes live and caster spectres start getting bonuses from flat auras. As it is, I have to spend extra time summoning some spirits to get good use out of them.

The socket pressure is there, but not much worse than what any auramancer summoner suffers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info