Wild strike and EE

would be interesting to see arc doing melee damage:)

I also assume that the cold projectiles have auto piercing, because otherwise they would also benefit from the chaining
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
I think the explosion arc and stuff do carry melee tag as they originate from melee attack and scale with melee modifiers.
That is unless the attack can be used without target to throw the arc/wave , if thats the case the skill is truly "wild"
So if i pick up melee crit chance / multiplier / damage nodes, they don't apply to elemental attacks of the skill? And so does % melee dmg from strenght?
Last edited by Darkaleb on Jul 7, 2015, 9:41:18 AM
"
Darkaleb wrote:
So if i pick up melee crit chance / multiplier / damage nodes, they don't apply to elemental attacks of the skill? And so does % melee dmg from strenght?

We will have to wait till release to see the skill in action but i'm pretty sure the element effects benefits from those melee tagged modifiers. If it doesn't then the skill doesn't exist and joins ranks of the worst skills in game.
Last edited by Stt3r0 on Jul 7, 2015, 11:40:51 AM
"
Darkaleb wrote:

the gem description implies that all the elemental effects are part of an attack. all attacks currently in game are either melee or projectile. this means that the cold projectile wave will 100% not benefit from melee modifiers. the other two should unless we are looking at gem with mechanics we have never seen before

even if it not worked it wont be such a big deal. We would have to do the same we do with other hybrid skills (lightning/molten strike), focus on "weapon" modifiers in case we want all parts of the skill damage to be modified
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Raye wrote:
And what if one would go heavy crit, would that with multistrike be able to apply ailments on rares? And would that ailment last until next apply often enough? Would be cool to ignite, shock and freeze consistently :)

Edit: And also, I read a GGG comment that the secondary effects are spells, but that doesn't clearly state how the their dmg is determined I guess...

I imagine it would apply ailments to rares easily.

Which comment was that? An attack that deals spell damage is a novelty to us (although a few monsters have such).
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
If the secondary effects were Spells, they would have a listed Damage value, and the Gem would have the Spell tag. Neither is true.
I have here a concern reading the skill description. It says it converts phys damage first to a random elemental, and then casts a spell based on the element chosen. However, the way I interpret EE might as well not be the best idea for this skill. Because:
1. Chose random element
2. Hit with weapon (40% phys, 60% random elem) and apply EE
3. Cast "spell" upon EE affected target
Rinse and repeat.

If this is the way it happens, then the "spell" part of the skill suffers a +25% resistance which is not too nice.
"
NorbTheOne wrote:
I have here a concern reading the skill description. It says it converts phys damage first to a random elemental, and then casts a spell based on the element chosen. However, the way I interpret EE might as well not be the best idea for this skill. Because:
1. Chose random element
2. Hit with weapon (40% phys, 60% random elem) and apply EE
3. Cast "spell" upon EE affected target
Rinse and repeat.

If this is the way it happens, then the "spell" part of the skill suffers a +25% resistance which is not too nice.

That is now what is happening because initial mob would get twice the damage and that is not what is happening.
Also i wouldn't call it spell but effect.

As for EE - you need to think it of it as alternative to getting Hatred and ash. You get some extra damage thanks to the resist lowering - not always and in some situations it will mean a pernament +25% (like mobs behind you that will only get hit by the arc so will never get resist penatly). But overally it is extra damage while you can use defensive auras.

I don't use it yet , pure phys gear is not something you can limit yourself while leveling. Will see if it is worth it.

Meanwhile - what everyone think about the skill itself?
Last edited by Stt3r0 on Jul 12, 2015, 2:10:18 PM
"
Stt3r0 wrote:

Meanwhile - what everyone think about the skill itself?

Sorry for typos, its getting a bit late here, but here are my two cents :-)

Myself I feel quite disappointed. I took the skill hoping to use it with dagger and shield. The goal was to have a skill which will hit in melee, will cause elemental damage but will NOT force me to use splash gem.

Here are my few comments, feel free to correct me/give hints...

1)With Wild Strikes you cannot rely on any of the effects being triggered. This means you cannot specifically boost shocking with arc etc. EE is also debatable and especially while in party (which I am in all the time) its more like a downgrade.

2)The AoE of this skill cannot be counted on - sometimes you clear the whole screen in few swings and sometimes you keep sending icy waves in completely useless directions (aka Multistrike) and you get overwhelmed by monsters.

3) Gem setup: Wild Strikes - Multistrike - Melee phys dmg - Weapon ele dmg (??) - added fire dmg (??) - life leech (??)
The question marks are there because I dont really know if its good idea. It both seems to boost it nicely, at least that is what tooltip says but I dont know about the triggered effect(s).
Can you guys pls share what links do you use?

4) Life leech - another huge question mark for me. So I need to use the gem? I would say yes since only a tiny part of my dmg is going to be physical and the skill tree only offers poor % leech. You surely need some leech mechanism but I am not sure how to manage it with this skill.

5) Aura - I am beginning to think heralds will be the best choice. Two or ever all three of them simultaneously. This might effect the melee swing itself as well as the triggered "spell". Furthermore it will for sure give you the upper hand in elemental statuses and obviously it allows for autocursing (does anyone actually cast the curses themselves these days? :D)

6) Last but not least is the fact that if you simply swap Wild Strikes for Static Strikes (and keep the phys gear and links) you are likely going to get much better results. That seems extremely disappointing to me :-/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info