Beta Map Drops and Patch Deployment Delay

So much QQ here, Chris says that the patch would contain broken (unplayable?!) content and they wanna fix it first. There is no need "Beta-testing" something that couldnt make it through alpha.

4 days are enough to see whats the new a4 content.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Milkyslice wrote:

4 days are enough to see whats the new a4 content.

For normal difficulty, sure.

Merciless, I don't see myself making it (I've got 3 hours of gaming per day)..

And I guess the vast majority will go caster since it's easier to level and you're not depending on gear, only the most experienced will try hardcore.

Don't like pulling numbers out of my ass, but I see 5-10% of the player base reaching a4m, hope that's enough as feedback goes.

Second-class poe gamer
I dont see the 10th July being the actual release date.

There is no way that you can test act 4 and all new content AND report the bugs AND take them through a cycle of bug fixes with testing in 4 days, it is impossible.

I would assume that the release date is going to move until the weekend after the 10th or even mid week the following weeek.

But im calling it now, GGG will postphone it, UNLESS they put out content which they know is flawed/bugged.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
How about you stick to your own timeplan just once? Gets rreally annoying. Almost blizzlike! Great job
@Chris

I know I’m a simple pleb BUT if I were you I would put the patch out this weekend. It will give people time to get the required levels to test the required content as time can be heavily invested on weekends.

This means that bugs can be reports by Sunday and you can have proper regression testing , test cycles and bug fixes into the week. You KNOW what is broken and you are holding back a BETA release due to these issues.

Beta is meant to be broken and if you highlight the issues in the beta forums, we will be aware of them and not waste time logging them again. On the up side while we report new bugs you already have your user stories planned for the fix you are wanting to make before Monday… so carry on with those.

I think it’s a bad call to assume that you will have everything fixed by Monday for the Beta but you do not have any idea of what problems those fixes may cause or any new released content. 4 days is impossible to get everything fixed and balanced.

Don’t mean to sound like a jerk, but I do this for a living.. these iterative cycles and the window is closing…. Unless you move the released date of course.

-Humble Pleb :)
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Last edited by Ziiyo on Jul 2, 2015, 5:23:37 AM
I really think its a bad idea to have people testing the latest stuff for 4days only.

My suggestions would be:

1- Wipe and release whatever is ready for people to test before weekend (needless to say that most people will actually play a lot more during the weekend)

2- Dont wipe at all, just update the game with new stuff (is it possible?)

3- Release things to be tested without a wipe at least until monday, then wipe (i still prefer not to wipe on this case)

A 4-days testing with a wipe is too much, we are ready to play the game, we want to. But a "fresh start" then the real fresh start after 4 days sounds exhausing, even though some people want to do it for the sakes of testing..

IGN: Pedrikosa or Pedrikoza
"
pr13st wrote:

Don't like pulling numbers out of my ass, but I see 5-10% of the player base reaching a4m, hope that's enough as feedback goes.

Most players play for 4-5 hours per day or longer besides most veteran players can reach Merciless in 7 hours or so without rushing too much.
Last edited by Bikalo on Jul 2, 2015, 5:41:05 AM
Six pages in and I'm the first one mentioning the US 4th of July weekend? If it aint ready it aint ready I guess.

Thanks for the heads up.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
Six pages in and I'm the first one mentioning the US 4th of July weekend? If it aint ready it aint ready I guess.
Thanks for the heads up.

what has a celebration day in a country far away outside of nz to do with delayed beta patches?
despite this: us players provide for 1/4th of the player base at the highest now with russia and asia being pushed up by garena partnership.
"
cronus wrote:
"
Thanks for the heads up.

what has a celebration day in a country far away outside of nz to do with delayed beta patches?
despite this: us players provide for 1/4th of the player base at the highest now with russia and asia being pushed up by garena partnership.

and you are getting this info from where exactly?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info