Apparently New Zealand is governed by morons

I don't have any numbers or anything, that said we also got gangs in Germany but at least they almost never kill each other because it's really hard for them to get weapons. Even in no-go areas like Duisburg-Marxloh where police can't even enter the area without bringing at least a hundred people and where mafia quite literally rules there are barely any deaths. So I do think it's a gun problem after all.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Wow, what a thread. Got to buy a telescope to watch it from a great distance. An assault telescope obviously.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
Xavderion wrote:
I don't have any numbers or anything, that said we also got gangs in Germany but at least they almost never kill each other because it's really hard for them to get weapons. Even in no-go areas like Duisburg-Marxloh where police can't even enter the area without bringing at least a hundred people and where mafia quite literally rules there are barely any deaths. So I do think it's a gun problem after all.

Maybe the gangs' don't have enough passive combat points, or low level skill gems?

It does make me think of this:

Its good that the deaths are low. At times, I think a flat percentage tax on gratuitous gun violence for movies and television might curtail the tendency to make violence seem "cool".
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Jojas wrote:
Regarding your statement about racism: You're probably referring to black on black (or white, yellow, brown) murder rate being higher than any other murder rate. But what difference does it make? It's murder, it's in the US, from US citizens to US citizens. It is a problem about which the USA has to do something. Not go, yeah the blacks are ruining our statistics, and let's just leave it at that. No, find the reasons for that, and try to bring about change.

I think the problem lies within the mentality pushed nowadays.

There's too much victimization on black america and division through blaming whites for everything (Im looking at you Al Sharpton) instead of admiting there's a huge problem that should be tackled and that black people can do it.

Too many people think they need to carry the shackles of their ancestors and make their identity about it, they dont. they are individuals in a growingly more acceptable society, the extremist left isnt helping anyone grow and I wonder when will people realize it.

For that matter, there's so much stupidity in race division that often youngsters consider that guy that is studying hard to be "trying to be white". Gangster culture is destructive.
You are not though because you took a bullet before in a shoot-out. You are just a worthless low-life thug.
We need a new Martin Luther King Jr. Someone who can preach for a higher standard of african-americans and for love between races. Not some Black Panther leader who will excuse any thug's actions and blame it on "whitey".

For that matter, the division on political sides nowadays should really be tackled as well. I mean, at least propaganda. The majority already learned the dangers of extreme right, but people are ignoring too much the dangers of extreme left, I see so much brainwashing that I, as a free-thinker and someone more moderate get to see people often calling me a right-winger as a defamatory definition whenever I dont agree 100% with their thoughts. that is pretty much the left boogeyman.
(hell, some people are so brainwashed they think the KKK was aligned with the conservatives... jesus)

Now not to mean that extreme right-wing doesnt do the same, just that people are not aware of left extremist as much. I see very little discussion and more racism calling than anything.
Needlessly race-baiting articles should be tackled as well. there's a difference between reporting news, making suppositions and clarifying them as such and passing bias suppositions as factual truth. (Im looking at you The Young turks, pretty sad, you used to be objective in the past, but guess that doesnt rack in as much money)

Regarding guns in the US now, I think its not as simple as banning guns.
There's way too many circulating in the country already.
Just thighter control and regulation for acquisition of such.
training included ofc, how stupid someone needs to be to give an uzi to a child? (remember that?
)
I also think the right to own a gun is something good, we are living in peaceful times but if a country ever suffers an invasion, whether or not you can own a gun can make a difference between you and yours having a chance or being slaughtered if your local forces fail u. Also defence of property ofc.
As someone who lives in europe, the threat of ISIS seems pretty real right now. will it take a direct invasion for countries to start to actively hunting them down? If such happens, are people just supposed to resign to their fate and die? I doubt my local police force could do any shit against an armed group, and my country has a small military. If such were to happen I could barely defend myself and my family. Americans have a luxury they dont understand.

I think what's more important is discipline, especially mental. Education is a huge factor. (this ofc relates to all the issues I was talking about)
Oblivious
"
Disrupted wrote:

For that matter, the division on political sides nowadays should really be tackled as well. I mean, at least propaganda. The majority already learned the dangers of extreme right, but people are ignoring too much the dangers of extreme left, I see so much brainwashing that I, as a free-thinker and someone more moderate get to see people often calling me a right-winger as a defamatory definition whenever I dont agree 100% with their thoughts. that is pretty much the left boogeyman.
(hell, some people are so brainwashed they think the KKK was aligned with the conservatives... jesus)

This is a video outlining the documented facts of the Democrat party (and its historical support of racist policies) in the US:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wz_0utCrm0

As the speaker, Bill Whittle, says, he doesn't expect you to take what he says at face value. He challenges you to look it up for yourself.

That said, if you can't be bothered to watch the whole video, you have no business commenting on it.

I only wish more black Americans would open their eyes to this. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:

This is a video outlining the documented facts of the Democrat party (and its historical support of racist policies) in the US:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wz_0utCrm0

As the speaker, Bill Whittle, says, he doesn't expect you to take what he says at face value. He challenges you to look it up for yourself.

That said, if you can't be bothered to watch the whole video, you have no business commenting on it.

I only wish more black Americans would open their eyes to this. ='[.]'=

Interesting. So when did they switch sides? I've been told several times that yeah it's basically correct what the guy said in the video but at some point the parties switched sides so the Republicans are the racists now and the Democrats are the good people.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"Divide and conquer - first. But then - unite and rule. We've discovered that one last. Remember the Roman emperor who said he wished humanity had a single neck so he could cut it? People laughed at him for centuries. But we'll have the last laugh. We've accomplished what he couldn't accomplish... Watch the pincer movement. If you're sick of one version we push you into the other. We get you coming and going... Fight the doctrine which slaughters the individual with a doctrine which slaughters the individual. Give your soul up to a council - or give it up to a leader. But give it up, give it up, give it up. My technique, Peter. Offer poison as food and poison as antidote. Go fancy on the trimmings, but hang onto the main objective. Give the fools a choice, let them have their fun - but don't forget the only purpose you have to accomplish. Kill the individual. Kill man's soul. The rest will follow automatically. Observe the state of the world at the present moment. Do you still think I'm crazy, Peter?"
- from The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, 1943 (bold mine)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 4, 2015, 6:57:19 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:

Interesting. So when did they switch sides? I've been told several times that yeah it's basically correct what the guy said in the video but at some point the parties switched sides so the Republicans are the racists now and the Democrats are the good people.

I'm pondering whether or not to respond to this in-depth as i've been trying to stay away from politics.

I guess Ill first ask if you feel you've expressed that correctly.
Oblivious
"
Xavderion wrote:

I would encourage you to watch the video again.

Nobody changed sides. That's ridiculous on the face of it. Who coordinated this sudden polar change?

Instead, Lyndon B. Johnson (a real son-of-a-bitch; reading up on him is a helluvan eye-opener) instituted his "Great Society" programs, including welfare (whose sole Constitutional justification was using a word from that document to name handouts not otherwise within the Federal government's enumerated powers) in order to make his party look like they cared about poor, black Americans.

All the way up to the beginning of the '60s, it was the Republican party which promoted civil rights, fought tooth and nail by the Democrats. Then, by being able to point at Republican objections to the legislation, the Dems could say that the GOP didn't want to help black people. It's been downhill since then, and the consequences to black Americans have been horrendous.

By the way, Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr, was a Republican. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:

By the way, Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr, was a Republican. ='[.]'=

Wait, what? I thought he was mostly neutral.

Like in this interview:

https://swap.stanford.edu/20141218225517/http://mlk-kpp01.stanford.edu/primarydocuments/Vol4/11-Feb-1958_InterviewAtBennett.pdf
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jul 7, 2015, 10:51:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info