Why not give info to big media sites like IGN and PC GAMER

and others.. the recent news coverage was from sites ive never heard of or barely visit, which don't get much traffic to begin with.

2.0 news deserves big outlets... any reason why there is nothing on these sites and others?

I mean you (GGG) quoted kripp as a marketing quote... like what?
POE 2 hype.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
the_truth wrote:
and others.. the recent news coverage was from sites ive never heard of or barely visit, which don't get much traffic to begin with.

2.0 news deserves big outlets... any reason why there is nothing on these sites and others?

Honestly that made me smirk too, then shake my head a little.

As for the larger sites not really caring, they already did write-ups during the big unveiling a few months back. GGG kinda blew their load early and mucked that exposure up.

E: The article over at PC gamer doesn't really make it seem like such a big deal

"
All of that will probably have those of you who have actually played Path of Exile nodding your heads furiously. For the rest of us, there's the Path of Exile: The Awakening trailer above to help clarify things a bit, and we've got a closer look at what's coming in the expansion here

They're referencing their old article from the beta unveiling
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jul 1, 2015, 5:47:43 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
GGG kinda blew their load early

Diverted funds towards "Marketing" instead of the game, cool.

Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
the_truth wrote:

like a guy that has today a massiv audience ?
IGN TylordRampage
"
StDrakeX wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
GGG kinda blew their load early

Diverted funds towards "Marketing" instead of the game, cool.

Yes, "marketing". Chris, a laptop, a few game journalists and some free sandwiches IICR
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Those bigger sites want money for bigger coverage.

It's not like GGG hast money like Blizzard burning for each patch.

A lot of you don't seem to understand how the massive game review sites work. Since when have they been interested in non-triple A gaming coverage when big firms like EA and Ubisoft are paying them up the ass to give good ratings to atrocities like Assassin's Creed Unity?
The marketing here has left a lot to be desired. They need someone with expertise on board to help them next time.
"
the_truth wrote:

Frankly I think kripp and other streamers are much more effective than those gaming sites.
Personally I haven't gone to any gaming site in years.
Nothing to see here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info